Euro 2021

We are struggling now. I think we are out but we need to give it our best in the next two games. I think we probably need 4 points now because I think even if we beat Croatia (and I’m not convinced we will) then we might not even finish 3rd in the group with that win after losing this one 2-0.

I can see Croatia beating the Czechs, and if we manage a win against them, we would all be on 3 points other than England and then our goal difference could send us out.

It’s such a poor result. The first time we’ve lost to the Czechs at Hampden. I don’t think we played that badly too that’s the disappointing thing. We created chances, had the majority of possession and shots, we just didn’t take our opportunities. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SPQR-10 said:

Thought Scotland played well, created enough chances to win the game.  Czech's scored 2 goals out of nothing and their keeper played a blinder.

They have nobody prolific in front of goal these days - they rely too heavily on their midfield to create something.  Losing Tierney was huge

Agree with that assessment.

From what I’ve heard it’s not good news on Tierney. Think he might be out of the tournament which is a huge blow for us because he’s our best player. We really missed him today.

5 minutes ago, SPQR-10 said:

Not sure how many tickets Turkey got pal - they were obviously outnumbered that's for sure.  I've been to a lot of Roma games at the Olimpico but with international games I'm not sure how they will allocate tickets - especially with COVID regulations.  In regards to local interest - it all depends on who's playing.

I’m very cautiously looking at a potential route for England. 
A trip to Rome would be 48 hours from 2nd to 4th July. 2 nights like a typical weekend tourist visit. 
Subject to all sorts of possibilities though. Qualification, Covid travel, match tickets. Still got to plan just in case all things align. 

1 hour ago, SPQR-10 said:

Scotland & the CR will beat Croatia - they were terrible yesterday.  Apart from Modric (old man now) they showed absolutely nothing

I'd bet against Croatia getting zero points. They were poor yesterday but the heat was sapping and we are a far better opponent than either of those 2 will be for them. 

Croatia are better than Scotland and Czech republic. 

2 hours ago, SPQR-10 said:

Thought Scotland played well, created enough chances to win the game.  Czech's scored 2 goals out of nothing and their keeper played a blinder.

They have nobody prolific in front of goal these days - they rely too heavily on their midfield to create something.  Losing Tierney was huge

Bit generous on Scotland that.

It was a fairly even game up until the first goal and it was a well taken goal. 

Scotland played fairly well and the Czech goalkeeper was decent but I wouldn't go as far as playing a blinder. Scotland had 4 shots on target, how many of them were saves you wouldn't expect a competent international goalkeeper to make? 

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

He was closer to Mount Florida train station than his box. Really poor from Marshall and I wouldn’t have started him.

Not in good form and I’m not just saying that with maroon tinted glasses on but Craig Gordon is a better keeper.

Yeah heard on the Daily Euros that it was between Marshall and Gordon, they were saying it was going to be Gordon.

Is he at Hearts now? How has he been?

Was McGregor ever asked to re-consider his retirement? Far superior to either keeper in the squad.

I thought the difference between to 2 sides was a decent striker and, a decent keeper. Good game for the neutral. The goal was sublime, he’d obviously cottoned on to Marshalls positioning earlier, he never even looked up.

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bit generous on Scotland that.

It was a fairly even game up until the first goal and it was a well taken goal. 

Scotland played fairly well and the Czech goalkeeper was decent but I wouldn't go as far as playing a blinder. Scotland had 4 shots on target, how many of them were saves you wouldn't expect a competent international goalkeeper to make? 

It was pretty even until the second goal; after that Scotland never looked like getting back into it.

There were a couple of chances a better striker than Lyndon Dykes might have made something of, but it's hardly like they had the Czechs under siege.  It all went a bit flat.

21 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Is she the Chelsea one?

She is. 

It's ok though, we get Peter Walton to balance out the good work she did earlier. 

God knows how anyone saw his efforts on BT sports and thought they'd get him on as a pundit. Utterly dreadful.