Euro 2021

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They did look leggy.

Don’t forget they’ll have had an extra days rest over us though. I think whatever’s happened before doesn’t matter now, it’s gonna be a cagey game regardless. 

As Gary Neville like to say, it’ll be a tight game decided on moments 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Don’t forget they’ll have had an extra days rest over us though. I think whatever’s happened before doesn’t matter now, it’s gonna be a cagey game regardless. 

As Gary Neville like to say, it’ll be a tight game decided on moments 

Maybe, but we looked a bit ropey in the quarters in Russia, then in the semi we seemed to have run our race already. Hopefully that's the case with Italy 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Finely balanced game

Whoever handles the pressure best will win.

Hopefully Pickford has got his nerves out of the way. 

He’s the only player who worries me in our side. He’s looked a bit shaky all tournament. I don’t get all the praise tbh, yeah he’s been ok when called upon, but it’s not like he’s been called upon much is it. Hopefully jitters are gone like you said 

5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

That car is incredible. Should have had it at all of the games. I hope we get one at Hillsborough, maybe a little remote control Supertram? 

You've got D-taxi. What more do you want!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s the only player who worries me in our side. He’s looked a bit shaky all tournament. I don’t get all the praise tbh, yeah he’s been ok when called upon, but it’s not like he’s been called upon much is it. Hopefully jitters are gone like you said 

Stones is 90 (or 120) minutes away from having a faultless tournament, which both delights and petrifies me in equal measure. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

What worries me even more is the back up for Pickford. Imagine Rammers in goal for the final. Doesn't bear thinking about.

• Haha 2

Regarding all the bitterness , every nation has a percentage of n0bbers and our "fans" and gutter media would have been just the same if we had lost the Denmark game.

However.......................Scotland.........................how awful must it be to have such an all consuming hatred for another country , almost above the pride you have in your own.............................Anyone but England.................really ??

I must admit it has been very satisfying listening to the likes of Alan Brazil and Jim White this week as they attempt impartiality whilst producing the audio equivalent of sucking lemons  :biggrin:   ,  Jim White in particular , ( love how Simon Jordan articulately goads him to the point of distraction) who mentions "English arrogance" at least three times an hour , yet when he was going wildly over the top covering Scotland`s brief turn in this tournament that was "passion and pride" , not arrogance.

There are exceptions.......Ally McCoist , retains a sensible balance but he is in the minority.

I have a mate who moved to Glasgow for work nearly 30 years ago  and he is now MD of that company.

Over that time he has made many, many friends with what he describes as salt of the earth people with very similar outlooks on life to us Yorkshire folk.

However , every two years at major tournament time , he says it`s like the vast majority of them "lose their minds" at turn into William Wallace overnight.

He asked me a month ago how i thought it would go for his adopted nation ..................almost verbatim i said they would make it all about England , play out of their skin at Wembley , completely forgetting that they had two, far more important games on their own patch...........which is exactly how it panned out...............a point at Wmbley ..........beaten by two clear goals in both their home games.

Anyway...................he has a replica Booby Moore 66 shirt ready for his work colleagues Monday morning and here`s hoping he geys to wear it , and there`s the rub , he is a quiet , thoughtful guy but as he laughingly explained to me yesterday , there constant baiting and bile has "reduced me to this".

As for the final.....................................throw of a coin , it is going to be awfully tight and i just hope we are brave enough to try and win the game rather than be ultra cautious and concede late on.

COME ON ENGLND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Regarding all the bitterness , every nation has a percentage of n0bbers and our "fans" and gutter media would have been just the same if we had lost the Denmark game.

However.......................Scotland.........................how awful must it be to have such an all consuming hatred for another country , almost above the pride you have in your own.............................Anyone but England.................really ??

I must admit it has been very satisfying listening to the likes of Alan Brazil and Jim White this week as they attempt impartiality whilst producing the audio equivalent of sucking lemons  :biggrin:   ,  Jim White in particular , ( love how Simon Jordan articulately goads him to the point of distraction) who mentions "English arrogance" at least three times an hour , yet when he was going wildly over the top covering Scotland`s brief turn in this tournament that was "passion and pride" , not arrogance.

There are exceptions.......Ally McCoist , retains a sensible balance but he is in the minority.

I have a mate who moved to Glasgow for work nearly 30 years ago  and he is now MD of that company.

Over that time he has made many, many friends with what he describes as salt of the earth people with very similar outlooks on life to us Yorkshire folk.

However , every two years at major tournament time , he says it`s like the vast majority of them "lose their minds" at turn into William Wallace overnight.

He asked me a month ago how i thought it would go for his adopted nation ..................almost verbatim i said they would make it all about England , play out of their skin at Wembley , completely forgetting that they had two, far more important games on their own patch...........which is exactly how it panned out...............a point at Wmbley ..........beaten by two clear goals in both their home games.

Anyway...................he has a replica Booby Moore 66 shirt ready for his work colleagues Monday morning and here`s hoping he geys to wear it , and there`s the rub , he is a quiet , thoughtful guy but as he laughingly explained to me yesterday , there constant baiting and bile has "reduced me to this".

As for the final.....................................throw of a coin , it is going to be awfully tight and i just hope we are brave enough to try and win the game rather than be ultra cautious and concede late on.

COME ON ENGLND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m the 14th century the Black Death raged in England for 50 years without the Scottish being infected. We weren’t going up there and they weren’t coming down.

they convinced themselves we had the plague just because we were English and they didn’t just because they were Scottish.

after 50 years of plague in England, they decided it was time to invade and take the island over.

they got all the way to the border ready to make a push, within a day the plague got in their camp, probably from English disloyalists, and within a few days 5000 men had dropped dead, they went fleeing back to their towns with the plague in their wake, and killed half their own country.

this is not relevant to your post but I did just learn this last night and have been dying to bring it up somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Enjoy it mate. 

Not jealous at all you’ve got a ticket. Not one bit. Actually couldn’t care less. Honestly. I swear.

Ha.

I count myself lucky to have seen the first group game lol

Tbf, I'd rather proper England fans going than the spate of celebs who've magically got tickets in these latter stages.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ha.

I count myself lucky to have seen the first group game lol

Tbf, I'd rather proper England fans going than the spate of celebs who've magically got tickets in these latter stages.

Yeah agreed. This is one for all the England fans who go all over the place to watch pointless friendlies or boring group games. They deserve to be there. 

I’m a bit of a glory England fan I must admit, but would love to have been there tomorrow night. I really do like this England team - just some thoroughly likeable people and good footballers who play football the right way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

I’m the 14th century the Black Death raged in England for 50 years without the Scottish being infected. We weren’t going up there and they weren’t coming down.

they convinced themselves we had the plague just because we were English and they didn’t just because they were Scottish.

after 50 years of plague in England, they decided it was time to invade and take the island over.

they got all the way to the border ready to make a push, within a day the plague got in their camp, probably from English disloyalists, and within a few days 5000 men had dropped dead, they went fleeing back to their towns with the plague in their wake, and killed half their own country.

this is not relevant to your post but I did just learn this last night and have been dying to bring it up somewhere. 

They called it 'English Plague' too.

• Thanks 1