Euro 2021

I've seen all their games and he was their best player and main outlet in each one until the injury.

Chiesa has been in and out of the side. Insigne and Immobile drift in and out of games. I've liked watching Barella but he was quiet against Spain.

6 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I think Italy have been impressive. They've done it all without any real depth to their squad as well. They dont have many gamechangers coming off their bench and now they've lost their biggest attacking threat it has thinned that out even more.

That being said, they have excellent organisation and are well coached. They put their bodies on the line and have unbelievable desire. My money is on extra time, I'm just hoping our fitness levels are as they were last night because I dont think Italy could live with us if we can keep that level of pressure up so late in the game. We ground Denmark down with incessant pressure in that last 50 odd minutes.

It’s kind of perfect 

you’ve got two ‘teams’ and neither has a ronaldo or a Suarez or anything. 

the worst games are the star player vs star player ones.

im well up for a defending masterclass from both sides.

we are slightly better and at home but it’s defo a 50/50 imo. 

we just need to not concede silly free kicks and I think we can do it.

Im so excited for this 

The missus has Italy in the sweep stakes 

it’s like 

she doesn’t understand what’s going on, on Sunday 

how do I explain it 

like she gets it 

but she also kind of doesn’t 

ugh 

ugghhhbb

why do you test me, lord 

Mebbe if the bellends stopped booing other nations' anthems, symbolic gestures to defeat racism, and flashing laser pointers at the opposition, we'd get less of this perceived hatred (which is way overblown away from the Pandora's box of SM).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Also, if you give the tiniest of fucks about something called r\soccer you need to have a word with yourself.

None of them have the slightest clue about football. 

This might be a stupid question.

But does anyone know if there are any... well... better... football subreddits?

I.e ones with actual football fans who go to games on a Saturday and support Hartlepool or Swindon Town rather than just Yank Premiership fans who think the Super League was a good idea.

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Was Spinazzola really they’re main attacking threat at wing back?

Chiesa is a super player, as are Insigne & Immobile

Yes he was and is. 

Immobile is no where near the level of some of the great Italian strikers of the past. 

Insigne is very hit and miss. Chiesa only just got in the team, but seems to produce the odd moment in flashes 

26 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Just re watched the possession in added time. 

2 minutes and 40 seconds, 51 passes in the semi final of the euros to kill the game. Exquisite 

That move ended up going out for a throw-in, and 30 seconds later the Danes still hadn't got around to taking it.

It was like it literally forced them to tap out. I can't remember ever seeing a team needing a goal with five minutes left being so begruding to get the ball back into play, it was honestly kind of brutal. I loved it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Just re watched the possession in added time. 

2 minutes and 40 seconds, 51 passes in the semi final of the euros to kill the game. Exquisite 

25 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

That move ended up going out for a throw-in, and 30 seconds later the Danes still hadn't got around to taking it.

It was like it literally forced them to tap out. I can't remember ever seeing a team needing a goal with five minutes left being so begruding to get the ball back into play, it was honestly kind of brutal. I loved it.

It was fantastic to see the movement at that point in the game. The Danes were totally broken by that point. Complete savagery.

24 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

It was fantastic to see the movement at that point in the game. The Danes were totally broken by that point. Complete savagery.

I think it was Roy Keane who nailed it at the end. The Energy within this team is frightening, at no point did we look tired. 

What really impressed me was the character when we went 1-0 down. We’ve seen many an England team fold at such a pivotal point in games, not this one. It spurred them on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I still can’t get over the Italians moaning about an alleged dive and cheating. 

Did they just forget their entire history?

I mean, this is country where the top clubs paid off referees for years so.