Euro 2021

10 minutes ago, M Royds said:

I clearly implied progressing in the tournament as opposed to winning it. 

We got through to a semi final in Russia.

Germany won the world cup in Brazil.

Yes, we haven't had to jetset around Europe like a few others, but most of the big nations have had some sort of advantage in this tournament.

You've have to be good enough to make it count and we have, so far.

• Like 1

It's amusing looking at twitter with all the bitters out in force

Saw one about booing the national anthem and how disrespectful it is and only England do it - cue loads of video's posted of loads of countries doing it

One particularly outrages Scot saying how terrible it is - cue video of Scots booing GSTQ - the same guy then said it was right for them to boo England

It's hilarious seeing the mental gymnastics unravel and absurd hypocrisy so many try to defend

They just themselves up as bitter losers - it's  not even banter - just bitterness

• Like 6

I don't think you can seperate the English and Italian on paper and in any other situation if betting my mortgage on the game I think Italy would edge it.

But cant shake feeling its Englands time to win something. Every other major football country and and some others has won something in my lifetime apart from England and it's just feels our time has come.

Be hard game and you are almost expecting it to go to extra time.

But going too predict 2-0 win in normal time for England and Sterling and Kane to get the goals.

• Like 1

Italy’s performances have been incredible but against Spain it wasn’t as high as it has been. England’s performances seem to be getting better and will certainly need to be up another level Sunday. Tight game let’s hope the crowd sways it our way 

• Like 1

Marina Hyde boots Borris for latching onto footballers success.

And the curtain-raiser to this tournament was of course a load of mealy mouthed failure on behalf of ministers to condemn the booing of players taking the knee, apparently to stoke their horribly ill-advised culture wars. Today, England players are reported to be planning to donate any Euro 2020 winners bonuses to the NHS should they triumph, and are already donating all their match fees. Why don’t these pampered, selfish etcetera-etceteras do something worthwhile with their cash, like buy Boris Johnson some more gold wallpaper or another holiday to Mustique?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fudge27 said:

fizz em. Would rather be English then any other nationality. 

calm down, farage  

1 hour ago, 442 said:

I know it's the final and we're in it but I'm a bit upset it's the last game of the tournament 

same.

but we still have the biggest game to go.

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Italy’s performances have been incredible but against Spain it wasn’t as high as it has been. England’s performances seem to be getting better and will certainly need to be up another level Sunday. Tight game let’s hope the crowd sways it our way 

I think Denmark was a harder game. Italy looked tired to me, and Spinazzola was a huge threat. 

Unsually confident of a win. I'll go 3-1. Kane to score 

Confident. Think we are just hitting form at right time, have a group of players who really give a damn about it & the crowd will be something I’m not quite prepared for 

1st goal is key mind, Italy have some quality players, Bonnuci & cheilinni whilst we can get at them know exactly what it takes and are kings of shithousery. 

We go a goal down and I can see all the play acting, time wasting coming out

I really cannot split the two teams.

I'd have Donnarumma over Pickford.

I'd have our fullbacks over theirs, can't split the CBs.

I'd have their central 3 midfielders over Philips, Rice and Mount.

I'd have Sterling and Kane over Immobile and Insigne, but have Chiesa over Saka.

Could be Wembley that gives us and advantage.

"We beat a weak Germany" - currently we have a strong England. When we were knocked out in the past by Germany, were we a strong England or a weak England?

Also if you reverse it, Ukraine 1st knockouts, Denmark quarter, Germany semi would people be even saying anything? we seem to get criticism because we had our tough game early on. 

Edited by Ellis Rimmer