Would you sign?

With the club apparently consistently failing to pay wages on time, the rapid hiring and firing of managers, dubious financial management of the club and a terrible season almost behind us.

An important point regarding our recruitment for next season, how many of our potential targets may have second thoughts about joining us if they have a couple of options, leaving us with a weaker set of players than we would otherwise have had.

And in this case the “if they don’t want to sign for us, we don’t want them” argument isn’t really valid, they may love the idea of signing for an historically bigger club, but would you risk it with the state we are currently in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

With the club apparently consistently failing to pay wages on time, the rapid hiring and firing of managers, dubious financial management of the club and a terrible season almost behind us.

An important point regarding our recruitment for next season, how many of our potential targets may have second thoughts about joining us if they have a couple of options, leaving us with a weaker set of players than we would otherwise have had.

And in this case the “if they don’t want to sign for us, we don’t want them” argument isn’t really valid, they may love the idea of signing for an historically bigger club, but would you risk it with the state we are currently in?

Nope

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

If the said player isn't picked up elsewhere, then yes, as a last resort he may choose us and say I always wanted to joina big club etc etc. 

I don't think we'll have an issue getting players. But I do think we'll struggle to get the ones who we have targetted. 2nd/ 3rd best. Maybe even worse.

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox

Fact is players did sign despite all these issues. I’m sure more would too. Whether we’d get our preferred targets is another matter.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Fact is players did sign despite all these issues. I’m sure more would too. Whether we’d get our preferred targets is another matter.

The showstoppers of Paterson, Green and Kachunga.

The future looks bright

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Established players may go elsewhere but up and coming players who aren't on the top of other teams lists will still jump at the chance of joining us. It's down to having the right scouting system in place to find talent before they get on other teams radar......That's where we have a slight problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spookone said:

As a life long fan of the club I would but if i had no emotional connection to the club I wouldn't touch us witth a barge pole.

A lot of clubs will be in financial difficulties so they will operate with smaller squads & rely on youngsters. There will be plenty of players looking for clubs but they will be mainly of poor quality.  Unfortunately they will be the only ones that we can attract.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

The showstoppers of Paterson, Green and Kachunga.

The future looks bright

Whom we signed probably reflects the little money we had available more than anything. 

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Established players may go elsewhere but up and coming players who aren't on the top of other teams lists will still jump at the chance of joining us. It's down to having the right scouting system in place to find talent before they get on other teams radar......That's where we have a slight problem.

Up and coming players that are any good don’t sign for club on the way down the leagues and don’t pay wages on time. 

Players might rather sign for a club in a town or city that’s a nice to live; or a club that’s small but heading in the right direction (or just stable). 

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Up and coming players that are any good don’t sign for club on the way down the leagues and don’t pay wages on time. 

Players might rather sign for a club in a town or city that’s a nice to live; or a club that’s small but heading in the right direction (or just stable). 

I dare say any agent worth his/her/its salt will strongly advise against signing for a club that doesn't fulfil their side of the deal...look at Shaw, unlikely to leap into Celtics first team but more likely to get paid on time...no brainer.

Players will sign, but we will hardly be preferred option to those that will have an option to chose and all good players will.

We will have to pay over the odds or sign players that no one else is interested in. Doesn't sound good.

• Like 1

What we might get are players who are desperate to getting a club in the first place. They know there will be plenty of openings soon and it's easier to get in the starting eleven than in many other clubs. That means there is very little competition for places and easier to just stroll around.

Guest wilyfox

I find it amusing that someone quotes people as saying any of this is ok. It isn’t. They’re not saying it is. But someone is claiming they are. 

I would. I'd love to play for Wednesday and pull on them famous blue and white stripes.

Get down on that pitch.

I'd leap on the ball like a bomb blast hero so no one else could get it if we got a free kick at KOP end. 

God, I can't imagine what it would feel like to score a goal for Wednesday. I'd probably collapse and have to be subbed like that bloke who played for Ipswich and had to be subbed coz he fainted with excitement.

I'd play for nowt too. I would. Our lass would have to hammer the overtime to make up for the shortfall. And the kids would have to go without some stuff. Food. Clothes. Probably have to get rid of the house and move in with us parents. 

But I'd do it tomorrow.

Course, these are the last strains of a middle aged man with a bad back , two f'cked up ankles and two f'cked up knees' daydreams.

Still,at least I'd have no worries with the medical. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

First we must get the transfer embargo lift asap, and get signing early as possible. Doubt whether any will be resigned so we will need a lot of players. Think we will sell Windass(Although i would like him to stay)

next year we will have

Wildsmith, Dawson, lofra, Dunkley, Green, Paterson, Bannan, Windass, Dele

Would like to resign Palmer and i thnk Joey would be ok

Get ready for the Gary Taylor-Fletchers of this world to sign for us next season.  We won’t sign young up and coming players but never beens who are playing for their last professional club before retiring.