Would you sign?

Are many of the players really under performing? Maybe Reach bur even he has had his good spells bizarrely under Pulis but also has had periods of being awful over the last 5 years.

We are going down because of the points deduction which is completely Chansiris fault and the awful recruitment which Monk has had a huge part in as he wanted players who would just put in effort forgetting we need players who can make and score goals. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Oh OK Captain Pedantic, I think you already made that point, and they are hardly working ckass, but it did make me smile.

Smile away

Your club is getting relegated and whether you think the players not getting paid or not is the issue it's most definitely contributed to it

Owlstalk Shop

When this issue has come up (about every three months for the last 18, which tells it's own story) and blame is kicked between players and chairman, it seems one aspect of it is repeatedly overlooked. There can be little argument that the squad is pretty hopeless overall, but the real question is how is it come to that?  The financial mismanagement, transfer embargoes, haphazard recruitment, failure to sell players at maximum value, lack of foresight regarding contract expiries, regular negative stories affecting the club's standing and of course the points deduction which may be the difference between survival and relegation are all exclusively the fault of those at the very top. It is almost inevitable that the consequences of this incompetence will work their way throughout the atmosphere of the club.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I still have to chuckle at those fans who think it's fine to not pay players on time, who think the continued sacking of managers is justified, and that the points deduction is just 'one of those things' who then go on to moan about the standard of players who we sign.

It's like the little lightbulb moment above their head hasn't happened for them yet

They can't understand the direct correlation between the things Chansiri does, and the calibre and quality of player willing to sign for us as a result of it

Could you just point me in the direction of posters who’ve said it’s fine not to pay players on time, so that I can have a chuckle with you. I’ve searched high and low but just can’t find them Neil. Please help. 

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

Could you just point me in the direction of posters who’ve said it’s fine not to pay players on time, so that I can have a chuckle with you. I’ve searched high and low but just can’t find them Neil. Please help. 

Go to “artistic license” mode and you will find them🤣🤣

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Smile away

Your club is getting relegated and whether you think the players not getting paid or not is the issue it's most definitely contributed to it

I’m not smiling at the club getting relegated, I’m smiling at your undying support for that bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Fact is players did sign despite all these issues. I’m sure more would too. Whether we’d get our preferred targets is another matter.

In div 3?? people are worried players wont sign for us??where else they going to go? may be what Sunderland really only with any type of rep in the Division...Chairman will not be that much worse off at least for the first Year...The wages of the players leaving,SH,TL,KW, PP,VA,JR, and others will take much of the sting away from losing the PL money,etc...

If (IF!!) DM can bring in some players he rates,and get automatic promotion,than its possible we can rise.Only drawback i see,is if the Chairman stays..

Really hope that none of the underachievers are offered another contract,keep Windass,and Patterson,maybe PP(for one season) let the rest go...

35 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Are many of the players really under performing? Maybe Reach bur even he has had his good spells bizarrely under Pulis but also has had periods of being awful over the last 5 years.

We are going down because of the points deduction which is completely Chansiris fault and the awful recruitment which Monk has had a huge part in as he wanted players who would just put in effort forgetting we need players who can make and score goals. 

Ya gotta laugh,somebody brings up GM even after all this comes out......what manager would have brought in the players we did,and not brought in a couple of strikers willingly?

• Love 1

Guest Hornsby

I d sign, cos we pay £10,000 a week over going rate for senior players, why Baz just resigned.

Then again , I am much more interested in big dosh  now rather than taking long term view and looking for both financial and career success.

Also, very lazy.

Am I the only one who is hoping that Darren Moore and staff manage to motivate the players better than @owlstalk would, as he repeatedly says we’re already relegated. 

Personally, I’m clinging to the hope that our players find it within themselves to think about their professional pride, the fantastic supporters they represent etc. and get out there this weekend to give us a repeat of the Cardiff performance. I do think we will win and I’m just hoping Rotherham don’t beat Luton tomorrow night. 

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Time for a break again, the misery is overwhelming.

In a football context, don't you think that is entirely justified?

The odds are that we're going to be relegated to the third tier again, we'll need to sign half a squad overseen by a recruitment group that has failed miserably recently, the players that will remain are of modest ability in the main, all the signs are that the chairman is struggling to pay for even the routine expenses of the club, our standing within the game is arguably at it's lowest ebb which does not bode well for the revolution that is needed, there is concern about the outstanding debt on the stadium that we will presumably be unable to pay when due and those in charge seem singularly incapable of accepting responsibility and thereby making the changes necessary to reverse our fortunes any time soon.

Not exactly the environment for putting on your Morris Dancing bells is it?

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh that's ok then

Whilst you argue semantics the players not getting paid (or paid late) YOUR club is being relegated

It isnt semantics mate,its a difference of emphasis,and of opinion....many(if not all) of these players by any reasonable yardstick are very wealthy,some millionaires.Of course we all agree they should be paid as per there contract,and on time.

The money is nailed on,its just a little late due to Chansiris cash flow issues,he must be what? 6 to 8 Million down since the start of Covid due to no gate receipts,plus having to pay refunds?

Its not the end of the World to wait,and frankly where would it go? in many cases just sit in the players Bank account.....there minted

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Am I the only one who is hoping that Darren Moore and staff manage to motivate the players better than @owlstalk would, as he repeatedly says we’re already relegated. 

Personally, I’m clinging to the hope that our players find it within themselves to think about their professional pride, the fantastic supporters they represent etc. and get out there this weekend to give us a repeat of the Cardiff performance. I do think we will win and I’m just hoping Rotherham don’t beat Luton tomorrow night. 

No player wants relegation on his CV.

They would have to feel really disrespected, cheated or however you want to call it not to give their all for last 90 minutes of the season.

47 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

When this issue has come up (about every three months for the last 18, which tells it's own story) and blame is kicked between players and chairman, it seems one aspect of it is repeatedly overlooked. There can be little argument that the squad is pretty hopeless overall, but the real question is how is it come to that?  The financial mismanagement, transfer embargoes, haphazard recruitment, failure to sell players at maximum value, lack of foresight regarding contract expiries, regular negative stories affecting the club's standing and of course the points deduction which may be the difference between survival and relegation are all exclusively the fault of those at the very top. It is almost inevitable that the consequences of this incompetence will work their way throughout the atmosphere of the club.

Well said!

Guest Therealrealist

The old..’who’s goin to sign for a club like this’ chestnut...a few weeks after all our management staff left donny to come to ‘this club’ 😀