Would you sign?

Darren Moore and his team have good credibility in my opinion. He is clearly a good man manager and progressive coach, with his style of play. Equally, I suspect we will pay well for Div1 and lower champ. So, I think we will find it pretty easy to pick up a team to challenge for promotion under Moore. It won’t be what we want. It will take a few games to gel. It will be better than the sh1* we have watched this year and will hopefully be the start of something positive, which we haven’t had for a few years now.

• Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

No club for July to jan

Signed end of jan 

Paid end of feb 

no wages end of March 

no wages end of April 

Yeah forgot he had no club July to jan? So why is that wednesdays fault? He didn’t get a pay cheque cus he wer unemployed...if I didn’t work I wudnt expect to get paid:pulis:

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

Cook seemed pretty desperate for the job.
ipswich fans aren’t too impressed, so maybe we dodged a bullet there. Well done DC 😀 Credit where it’s due like. 

Hes only been there 5 minutes give him chance, Cook has a record of achievement, he will be successfull.

I like the job Evatt does,hes turned Bolton around from lower table to promotion candidates and at Barrow they were praised for the football they played.

Guest Andy W
6 hours ago, Spookone said:

With the club apparently consistently failing to pay wages on time, the rapid hiring and firing of managers, dubious financial management of the club and a terrible season almost behind us.

An important point regarding our recruitment for next season, how many of our potential targets may have second thoughts about joining us if they have a couple of options, leaving us with a weaker set of players than we would otherwise have had.

And in this case the “if they don’t want to sign for us, we don’t want them” argument isn’t really valid, they may love the idea of signing for an historically bigger club, but would you risk it with the state we are currently in?

No

5 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Yes id sign, if they paid me the reported £10/20/30/40,000 per week. In fact DC could miss my pay cheque every other week for that.

To get that amount of money and still be pretty rubbish most weeks, would be lovely.

Im amazed at how many people feel sorry for them and state this is a reason for them 'under performing'

The point is though, the potential signings could be offered the same £10/20/30/40 elsewhere and be far more confident they won’t miss a cheque every other week and play for a club that isn’t in such a financial state as it seems we are.

Guest Andy W
52 minutes ago, Spookone said:

The point is though, the potential signings could be offered the same £10/20/30/40 elsewhere and be far more confident they won’t miss a cheque every other week and play for a club that isn’t in such a financial state as it seems we are.

Its pretty ludicrous to see such poor exponents of their craft being paid such amounts don't you think?...vvvvvv poor players making a fortune

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I will say this again

andre green. A first team player. He has had one months pay since June 2020 ( his feb 2021 wage packet).  In that period he will have been paid less than most people in this country who work full time

If your going to post that mate you will have to name your source,that would clearly be a matter for further sanction and points deduction..

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm sure you'd give your all if you weren't getting paid in YOUR job, all the best staff leave, your bosses keep getting fired by the owner every other month, each new boss comes in with a different way he wants you to work, you keep getting punished as a company for things your owner is doing

Yeah... 

RIGHT

Mate you keep repeating that,but its not factually correct is it? those on 7 grand or below,are being paid in FULL,those over 7 are receiving 7 grand a Month,with the rest to follow.....who isnt getting paid? Full amount NO...but for many(if not all?) especially the millionaires,it will just sit in a bank anyway..

is it really such a big deal,in the middle of a pandemic? Blades players differed a % of their salary to help the Club,and people on min wage have had to live on 80% of their income if furloughed for over a Year.

Let them suck it the 888K UP,roll their sleeves up,and give something BACK to the Club,that has made many VERY wealthy men.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't need to pity the individual players at all - not one bit. 

What you should be doing however is not taking your focus away from what is happening and that non payment of wages always leads to underperformance, and our chairman hasn't paid the players right before some absolutely critical games that could keep YOUR club in the Championship

AS well as,not instead of.....mate....no one is letting the Chairman off the hook,he and his team must take responsibility for our plight.Many,me included though have highlighted the players as well...thats all....

21 minutes ago, parajack said:

If your going to post that mate you will have to name your source,that would clearly be a matter for further sanction and points deduction..

FFS lol

He doesn't need to "name his source", the source is "literally any website on the planet that lists statistics for Andre Green where you can see with your own eyes he was without a club from June until he signed for Wednesday at the end of January". You can then use the source of your "brain" to deduce that that means his first paycheck was in February, and if the rumours as reported in multiple national papers is true, that means that that February is his only paycheck.

I think it's great that you're maintaining a level of scepticism that's run through several threads. I also think it's important that people cite sources when making a claim. But things like this, points per game under certain managers... these are facts that can be simply deduced by looking at any website that reports footballing results and various stats and synthesised by some basic application of logic. It isn't appropriate to claim people cite their sources in this instance because it's not a claim based on anything except the reality that Andre Green was without a club for 6 months, which is just a matter of public record.

It's like asking me to cite my source as to why tomorrow is Tuesday.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I support Sheffield Wednesday Football Club and what is in it's best interest

I don't support Dejphon Chansiri for that reason

Seems a few folk are opposite to me in that view

Read back mate,there not,there really not....I haven't seen a single post supporting that view,we all mostly want him to leave and hold him and his advisors responsible for our demise.Cant say it any plainer than that....

we just differ on one point...I THINK like any Wednesdayite your passion for the Club is just coloring your objectivity on this one point(politely)

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

Mate you keep repeating that,but its not factually correct is it? those on 7 grand or below,are being paid in FULL,those over 7 are receiving 7 grand a Month,with the rest to follow.....who isnt getting paid? Full amount NO...but for many(if not all?) especially the millionaires,it will just sit in a bank anyway..

is it really such a big deal,in the middle of a pandemic? Blades players differed a % of their salary to help the Club,and people on min wage have had to live on 80% of their income if furloughed for over a Year.

Let them suck it the 888K UP,roll their sleeves up,and give something BACK to the Club,that has made many VERY wealthy men.

OK

Time for a bottom line from me on this one

1) The players are clearly demotivated and don't play as well when they're not paid/paid on time

2) We have had critical games of such importance it is clear anything and everything should be done to make sure the players are focussed, motivated and giving their all

3) We know the above two points to be absolute FACT and yet the Chairman has allowed the players not to get paid on time, get demotivated and it could well have cost us our place in this division at a time we could have escaped relegation as other results went our way the last few weekends

So..

You can argue about how precious the players are, how shocking it is that players on big money don't give 100% if they're not paid but ultimately the chairman's actions have just committed us to relegation

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Andy W said:

Its pretty ludicrous to see such poor exponents of their craft being paid such amounts don't you think?...vvvvvv poor players making a fortune

Which chairman signed them all?

Which chairman is paying them an absolute fortune when they're such poor exponents of their craft?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really can’t see any decent players wanting to sign for a club that doesn’t pay wages. If it comes down to joining us or a rival that pays wages on time I can’t see our pulling power being what it should be. 

We ARE Paying wages,and very good above average wages at that,,,they are simply part paid,and late.

1 minute ago, parajack said:

We ARE Paying wages,and very good above average wages at that,,,they are simply part paid,and late.

lol

Fooooooook ME this is more depressing than relegation watching some of our fans falling over themselves to find any reason to not criticise the chairman

How utterly utterly depressing

We should just go the whole hog and rename the club Chansiri FC to really make these fans happy

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

OK

Time for a bottom line from me on this one

1) The players are clearly demotivated and don't play as well when they're not paid/paid on time

2) We have had critical games of such importance it is clear anything and everything should be done to make sure the players are focussed, motivated and giving their all

3) We know the above two points to be absolute FACT and yet the Chairman has allowed the players not to get paid on time, get demotivated and it could well have cost us our place in this division at a time we could have escaped relegation as other results went our way the last few weekends

So..

You can argue about how precious the players are, how shocking it is that players on big money don't give 100% if they're not paid but ultimately the chairman's actions have just committed us to relegation

TBH because of the points deduction and other things like player embargo,your right and i agree on that alone.On other issues i believe these players would have relegated us anyway.....