Would you sign?

The club is in crisis.

Clubs in crisis end up attracting duds and players nobody else wants.

Just like in the summer.

This is no different to when we went down last time and signed past it players looking for an easy pay day like Gary Teale, Clinton Morrison etc. We have no plan or recruitment strategy - I won’t hold my breath for any positive signings in the summer.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I still have to chuckle at those fans who think it's fine to not pay players on time, who think the continued sacking of managers is justified, and that the points deduction is just 'one of those things' who then go on to moan about the standard of players who we sign.

Where has anyone said that? You just put words I'm peoples mouths. Also maybe we should have stuck with pulis who you were such a big fan of.

Hull were a basket case last year but brought in good players for that level. If we go down which I fully expect we will then I would hope with Moores knowledge of league 1 he could bring in a number of good players and we could bounce straight back.

Chansiri without doubt is a major part and the main reason we are going down but with awful chairmen a team can still get promoted. Hull and Cardiff a couple of years ago are good examples of this

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

First we must get the transfer embargo lift asap, and get signing early as possible.

That is my biggest concern, along with budget. We were embargoed 3yrs ago, and it took much of the summer to get it lifted before we could sign Hector & Onomah on loan. We may need to source around a dozen players this year. Any delay caused by the embargo and we’re screwed.

Regards the budget, where’s the money gonna come from to rebuild? That’s why I reckon that Bannan, Windass, and Iorfa would have to be sold. We can’t rebuild with frees & loans. We’d need to buy some. We couldn’t even afford a league one left-back in January.

I’m no Chansiri apologist, far from it, in fact I think he has taken the club back 20 years but, with no income from attendances, he has had to put up for the season. I can see fans being allowed back in next season so there should be no issues with wages being paid late. On the issue of wages, how the players can moan with the way they have played this season is beyond me, they don't deserve to be paid for this sh1tshow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Where has anyone said that? You just put words I'm peoples mouths. Also maybe we should have stuck with pulis who you were such a big fan of.

Hull were a basket case last year but brought in good players for that level. If we go down which I fully expect we will then I would hope with Moores knowledge of league 1 he could bring in a number of good players and we could bounce straight back.

Chansiri without doubt is a major part and the main reason we are going down but with awful chairmen a team can still get promoted. Hull and Cardiff a couple of years ago are good examples of this

I'm with you and Wilyfox on this.

• Like 3

Assuming we are able to pay 7k a week of the wages before top up. Then if we’re in league one most of the wages will be below that anyway. Teams this season have had to work on about 2.5k a week average. That will go up for some teams now the cap has gone but the gulf in wages will be huge when most of the current team leaves and we bring in new players.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We're getting relegated

I said that too but I want to get promoted next year. Do you not? Or do you just want to snipe at fans who don't have the exact opinion as you and put words in their mouth ?

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

I said that too but I want to get promoted next year. Do you not? Or do you just want to snipe at fans who don't have the exact opinion as you and put words in their mouth ?

Careful. Only acknowledging one side of the argument makes him “enlightened”..

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

🤦‍♂️

You can face palm my comment all you like mate, they have under performed massively, at times it has looked like they dont give a poo . Some of them players earn in a week what some of our fans earn in a year. We deserved better from them, much better than this.

• Like 4

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

You can face palm my comment all you like mate, they have under performed massively, at times it has looked like they dont give a poo . Some of them players earn in a week what some of our fans earn in a year. We deserved better from them, much better than this.

Agreed. In a difficult time, Wigan players rolled up their sleeves and fought for their club despite wage problems. Ours have rolled over.

Sometimes in life you’re asked to go over and above. It’s a test of character whether you do or not. This is where our players have failed us miserably.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Agreed. In a difficult time, Wigan players rolled up their sleeves and fought for their club despite wage problems. Ours have rolled over.

Sometimes in life you’re asked to go over and above. It’s a test of character whether you do or not. This is where our players have failed us miserably.

A perfect example of the lack of commitment our players have shown this season. At the start of the season with -12 I really thought the players would adopt a better attitude to the one they have shown. Even without -6 we are 4th bottom, which is diabolical from this set of players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

You can face palm my comment all you like mate, they have under performed massively, at times it has looked like they dont give a poo . Some of them players earn in a week what some of our fans earn in a year.  

You're not even stopping to ask WHY they're underperforming massively then?

Okayyyyyyy

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're not even stopping to ask WHY they're underperforming massively then?

Okayyyyyyy

Who knows why they are underperforming, they were getting paid on time at the start if the season but were still underperforming. How do you explain that one.

• Like 2