Would you sign?

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

The old..’who’s goin to sign for a club like this’ chestnut...a few weeks after all our management staff left donny to come to ‘this club’ 😀

After we'd spent months trying to convince mangers to come but they wouldn't

Keep crowing tho

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I’m not smiling at the club getting relegated, I’m smiling at your undying support for that bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

I support Sheffield Wednesday Football Club and what is in it's best interest

I don't support Dejphon Chansiri for that reason

Seems a few folk are opposite to me in that view

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

If you’re being released by your current club & Wednesday approach you, signing would depend on how big your mortgage is, how much your monthly utilities etc cost & if you already own your own car.

Or if you could get signed ANYWHERE else instead

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

After we'd spent months trying to convince mangers to come but they wouldn't

Keep crowing tho

Who are all these other managers we wanted?

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Who are all these other managers we wanted?

Is this the part where you try and tell us Chansiri didn't approach any managers for months and then went for his number one target Darren Moore from Doncaster?

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Is this the part where you try and tell us Chansiri didn't approach any managers for months and then went for his number one target Darren Moore from Doncaster?

lol

No this is the part where I tell you he wasn’t actively seeking a manager at all..he wanted Thommo and good old bully to steady the ship till the end of the season..but he had to act after the Luton debacle...not one ‘other manager’ was interviewed whilst the hapless duo wer in charge

Guest wilyfox
33 minutes ago, parajack said:

In div 3?? people are worried players wont sign for us??where else they going to go? may be what Sunderland really only with any type of rep in the Division...

My concerns are over the budget and embargo. If a dozen players leave out of contract and we keep Bannan/Iorfa/Windass, where’s the money to replace the 12 gonna come from. Sure we’d snare a few frees & loans, but what about the rest?

After Luhukay was dismissed there was a delay of 6 weeks before naming his successor.

When Bruce left, it took almost two months.

Following Pulis getting the elbow, more than two months passed before Moore arrived.

For whatever reason, Chansiri is often in no rush. One wonders if there's more to it than simple indecision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

No this is the part where I tell you he wasn’t actively seeking a manager at all..he wanted Thommo and good old bully to steady the ship till the end of the season..but he had to act after the Luton debacle...not one ‘other manager’ was interviewed whilst the hapless duo wer in charge

Where did you get that from?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, DJMortimer said:

After Luhukay was dismissed there was a delay of 6 weeks before naming his successor.

When Bruce left, it took almost two months.

Following Pulis getting the elbow, more than two months passed before Moore arrived.

For whatever reason, Chansiri is often in no rush. One wonders if there's more to it than simple indecision.

Well first of all you have to pit advisor vs advisor 

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Cook seemed pretty desperate for the job.
ipswich fans aren’t too impressed, so maybe we dodged a bullet there. Well done DC 😀 Credit where it’s due like. 

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I agree, but if they can’t manage month to month on that money then they need help.

I will say this again

andre green. A first team player. He has had one months pay since June 2020 ( his feb 2021 wage packet).  In that period he will have been paid less than most people in this country who work full time

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I support Sheffield Wednesday Football Club and lacklustre performances that aren’t in it's best interest

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really can’t see any decent players wanting to sign for a club that doesn’t pay wages. If it comes down to joining us or a rival that pays wages on time I can’t see our pulling power being what it should be. 

We do pay wages

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I will say this again

andre green. A first team player. He has had one months pay since June 2020 ( his feb 2021 wage packet).  In that period he will have been paid less than most people in this country who work full time

Not buying that

2 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

I would. I'd love to play for Wednesday and pull on them famous blue and white stripes.

Get down on that pitch.

I'd leap on the ball like a bomb blast hero so no one else could get it if we got a free kick at KOP end. 

God, I can't imagine what it would feel like to score a goal for Wednesday. I'd probably collapse and have to be subbed like that bloke who played for Ipswich and had to be subbed coz he fainted with excitement.

I'd play for nowt too. I would. Our lass would have to hammer the overtime to make up for the shortfall. And the kids would have to go without some stuff. Food. Clothes. Probably have to get rid of the house and move in with us parents. 

But I'd do it tomorrow.

Course, these are the last strains of a middle aged man with a bad back , two f'cked up ankles and two f'cked up knees' daydreams.

Still,at least I'd have no worries with the medical. 

To be fair mate you sound right up our street 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

As a life long fan of the club I would but if i had no emotional connection to the club I wouldn't touch us witth a barge pole.

A lot of clubs will be in financial difficulties so they will operate with smaller squads & rely on youngsters. There will be plenty of players looking for clubs but they will be mainly of poor quality.  Unfortunately they will be the only ones that we can attract.

You've hit the nail on the head there. Lots of fans make the mistake of thinking the players have the same affection for the club as them. Believe me THEY DONT. In 99 out of 100 the players see the club for what it is - their employer no more no less. It is purely and simply their job. Ive worked for a football club and known hundreds of players many of whom wouldn't cross the road to watch a football match. Would you go and watch someone do your job. A high profile local pro footballer once said to me and these are the words he used - If the money was right id go to Skegness Town -. And that statement pretty much sums up the mindset of footballers who play for a living. And you know what I totally get it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spookone said:

With the club apparently consistently failing to pay wages on time, the rapid hiring and firing of managers, dubious financial management of the club and a terrible season almost behind us.

An important point regarding our recruitment for next season, how many of our potential targets may have second thoughts about joining us if they have a couple of options, leaving us with a weaker set of players than we would otherwise have had.

And in this case the “if they don’t want to sign for us, we don’t want them” argument isn’t really valid, they may love the idea of signing for an historically bigger club, but would you risk it with the state we are currently in?

This is the real reason we’ve signed up players like Kachunga, Paterson, Dunkley and Green in the recent past.

I’d down tools if I was a player not receiving payment..It’s hardly strike action..more a case of DC not honouring contracts. Surely the players are onto their agents about such a breach?