Failure to pay wages in April

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Of course not, because Harris being sh*t barely registers when considered in the context of the complete clusterf*ck that is Chansiri's mismanagement of our club.

He's just another ill-suited player identified by a recruitment team who were working to god-knows-what criteria, who'll walk away for nothing at the end of his contract and be replaced with someone equally if not more sh*t.

It's difficult to get particularly angry about Harris when Chansiri has overseen the separation of Hillsborough from the club, a points deduction, transfer embargoes, the complete erosion of any value left in our playing squad, repeated failures to pay staff wages on time, and a likely relegation to League One.

It’s not possible to be more sh*t than Harris. When we used to do that cross bar challenge thing at half time I've seen most fans take better free kicks than him

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Of course not, because Harris being sh*t barely registers when considered in the context of the complete clusterf*ck that is Chansiri's mismanagement of our club.

He's just another ill-suited player identified by a recruitment team who were working to god-knows-what criteria, who'll walk away for nothing at the end of his contract and be replaced with someone equally if not more sh*t.

It's difficult to get particularly angry about Harris when Chansiri has overseen the separation of Hillsborough from the club, a points deduction, transfer embargoes, the complete erosion of any value left in our playing squad, repeated failures to pay staff wages on time, and a likely relegation to League One.

Good post👍

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

It’s a cash flow reason not an accounting reason, the remaining amount is paid as soon as additional funds arrive in the account. Which is generally not the following month. 

whatever words you want to use, everyone is getting paid.

"staff" on time, players a percent at the end of the month, the balance a few days later

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it’s the reliance on the family business that could be the delay. If he was skint with no access to cash we’d have gone under presumably. 

A ‘Fit and Proper’ way to run a football club.

33 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

It’s a cash flow reason not an accounting reason, the remaining amount is paid as soon as additional funds arrive in the account. Which is generally not the following month. 

it’s been happening a while (rumoured x amount with the rest to follow during pandemic)and they will no doubt be aware of it to the point is not a complete shock prior to a game, like it or not. So it’s not a complete get out clause for flat lining in key relegation fixtures. For the sake of balance we were one of the few clubs not to defer wages this time last season.

I think it’s well accepted that DC has been making a mess of things here and if there was the option to sell to someone more suitable, great. but in the context of where the world is as right now. Some people are letting poor performance off the hook just because of the timing of payments.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, pussface said:

A ‘Fit and Proper’ way to run a football club.

In this climate who really knows. I’d be much more concerned if this was happening when we had a standard crowd and all things were as normal. When we actually don’t pay wages at all, or fail to pay tax then that’s a different story. Ideally, the man in charge would have all the money for payments transferred and ready to pay on time to cover the rest of the season but one thing that isn’t reported is why there is a delay, beyond the standard need to transfer from Thailand.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Crikey, I cancelled my iFollow account just before this news broke. Hope that wasn’t the straw that broke the camel’s back. 

"At least now everyone knows who's to blame!!"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

Looking ahead to next season under Chansiri, if we aren’t paying wages now what hope have we got of either signing any new players or renewing any contracts of the out of contract ones this Summer? 

New players will be wary of joining us and out of contract act ones shouldn’t  want to play for us again.

What a mess!!

• Like 1

Let’s not forget that this doesn’t just mean the players have been paid late - this means employees and people employed to do jobs like physio/admin etc not just for the first team, but for all age groups through the academy as well.

The current regime is a joke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dot said:

whatever words you want to use, everyone is getting paid.

"staff" on time, players a percent at the end of the month, the balance a few days later

Some staff aren’t getting paid this month, but getting paid double next.  Ok if you can meet your obligations without the money you were expecting I suppose, a disaster if not.

7 hours ago, El Toro said:

Looking ahead to next season under Chansiri, if we aren’t paying wages now what hope have we got of either signing any new players or renewing any contracts of the out of contract ones this Summer? 

New players will be wary of joining us and out of contract act ones shouldn’t  want to play for us again.

What a mess!!

The players we’ll have here next season, will be grateful to be offered a job anywhere. We won’t have any trouble signing players, unless we’re under an embargo. We may well struggle to attract anyone that can play.

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Commissions criteria. Simple.

Guest Hornsby
9 hours ago, Dot said:

its old news isn't it?

for some accounting reason, players are being paid x amount and then the remainder being paid the month after.

It isn't affecting "staff", well at least the ones I know

Death from malaria is  old news but still highly relevant and needs to be eliminated.

Nor is it affecting me directly but i still care and donate to help eradicate.

Am guessing you only know Trevor and his team as you may be one of those PRPeople Lee Stafford says are paid by club to sow discord amongst fans.

Hasn’t he said previously that’s he’s recently turned down offers for the club? Surely if he’s not got a pot to p*ss in he’d have cut his losses and snapped their hand off 

Chansiri is either skint or got serious liquidity / cash flow issues.  It doesn’t really matter which it is - in either case a business will fail.

As for players not getting paid in full on time, it can seriously affect their everyday living if they can’t meet bills.  Many live to their means.  Personally, if I wasn’t paid on time and this was a frequent occurrence I would be pretty miffed and look to leave ASAP.  The one thing people don’t like is being F****D over financially.

You only have to look at those businesses last year which cut people's salaries during the pandemic (allegedly to preserve jobs).  It takes a long time to rebuild trust.

Chansiri has caused mayhem throughout the club.  I especially feel sorry for ordinary staff at Hillsborough who may not have been paid on time.

• Like 2