Failure to pay wages in April

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

This is going to come to a head sooner rather than later. The fans are starting to turn for a variety of reasons. Personally I think as stubborn as he is, there will come a time when he will have to sell at whatever price he can get? 

Isn't that always the case though in any sale?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

skint footballers....jesus.

I remember the owner of the firm i worked for ( around the 2008 crash ) having a meeting with the lads and saying he had not had a pay rise for over a year...

He was on £345000 a year. we all just looked at each other and shook our heads.

I agree they should be paid by the way.

1 minute ago, bobness said:

And there I was thinking DC would offer the players a massive bonus if we stay up... meanwhile we're struggling to pay what we're contractually obligated to

It’s a shame he’s not even one of those bad owners that’s shady too. Turning up to the dressing room for big games with bags of cash for the players if they win! 

4 minutes ago, gizzit said:

skint footballers....jesus.

I remember the owner of the firm i worked for ( around the 2008 crash ) having a meeting with the lads and saying he had not had a pay rise for over a year...

He was on £345000 a year. we all just looked at each other and shook our heads.

I agree they should be paid by the way.

EVERYONE should ALWAYS be paid the wages they expect to be paid for the job they do

Nurses, Footballers, Street Cleaners EVERYONE

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t know what the situation is in Thailand but it might not be as simple as that. Some countries put in place capital controls which would prohibit their banks transferring to foreign banks.

No idea if that’s anything to do with it though 

Wouldn't have thought so. For some one like DC and TUF, they would be used to moving millions of pounds around. Its not like the monthly wages run is a surprise. Looks like cash flow issues every time.

In the position we are, and have been in this last few months, it's illogical that you would mess about with the players wages.

He surely would realise that this would demotivate them at a crucial time. Relegation would bring reduced revenue and club valuation, so risking this isn't particularly smart.

Sounds like Derby were struggling as well last week, but Morris underwrote the payments.

Both clubs should be an example to others how not to run a championship club.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Just need to know that chansiri isn’t go anywhere, no one will buy us for his asking price. Don’t believe all these saying he’s gone 🤣

He won’t get anywhere near the asking price......but he Will ....have to sell

• Like 1

What do you do with a car that's due it's not and you are thinking of getting shut?

Pay out as little Nas possible to keep its dying arse alive until you get shut.

I suspect the same thing is going on here. Dosn't make it right, you pass a bigger problem onto the next owner.

Only difference between a car and this club is that you've got employees and people with an emotional interest. So they and us all cop for the damage thats being done.

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan

Looks like we’ve applied for and had granted a 3 month extension on the submitting of 19/20 accounts. 

Should have been due 30th April now 31st July.

Delaying a bit more bad news?

Remember this sheeitshow of a season...and remember who f.ooked up and got a 6 point deduction...remember who failed to pay the players on time...remember the f.ookin' deafening silence that emanates from theHhallowed Halls...and REMEMBER who's to blame....If you forget the name...Its painted all over the f.ookin' North stand...

Shambolic!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

In the position we are, and have been in this last few months, it's illogical that you would mess about with the players wages.

He surely would realise that this would demotivate them at a crucial time. Relegation would bring reduced revenue and club valuation, so risking this isn't particularly smart.

Sounds like Derby were struggling as well last week, but Morris underwrote the payments.

It’s illogical if he has the money to pay the wages but perfectly logical if he doesn’t have the money....

The £7m loan that he took out on the ground is due in 4 months... let’s hope he sorts himself and SWFC out sharpish or we really are in for some fun and games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

It’s illogical if he has the money to pay the wages but perfectly logical if he doesn’t have the money....

The £7m loan that he took out on the ground is due in 4 months... let’s hope he sorts himself and SWFC out sharpish or we really are in for some fun and games. 

Yes - VERY worrying that

The stuff ahead of us is even more concerning than the current wage issue

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Animis said:

I don't think Chansiri chose to mess about not paying wages. I think he messed about with players wages because he has run out of money.

I shed no tears for players not being paid this month. But they are legally entitled to that money and no one is going to just shrug their shoulders about not getting £80k to £100k.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And some wonder why Shaw wants to leave to join Celtic.

:duntmatter:

I don’t think anyone wonders why he would want to go to Celtic, more that why didn’t we tie him down prior to them coming in for him.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

That didn't help.

I don’t think it would have made W blind bit of differences. DM was petrified that if we went a goal down then they would have been it. 

players aren’t going to run the extra hard when they’re not been paid. 

• Love 1