Failure to pay wages in April

No one should feel sorry for the players for not getting paid on time.

But it is an explanation as to why we’re where we are and the apathetic performances. Several occurrences of not being paid on time, starting the season on minus 12, five managers in one season (okay Jamie Smith covering Moore was unavoidable but even still).

And people question why Luke Shaw didn’t wanna sign a new deal? 😂😂😂

37 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Were they? 

They were 3rd in the league when the first leak of player wages not being paid in full/on time got leaked. 

Have they ever not been paid?

A lot of money in most cases.

We all have to wait for money and sometimes get knocked.

Stop making excuses for them.

• Like 2

Just baffling.

3/4 of the senior squad out of contract more or less and not being offered deals until we know what league we’re in, in a relegation dog fight & they’re not being paid on time? 

It’s not even like supporters are in the stadium to give them a bit of umph either. To make them visually see that their efforts mean something to someone. 

The performance on Saturday makes tonnes more sense.

If my work told me they’d probably be letting me go in a few weeks time and THEN didn’t pay me on time....they’d be lucky if I turned up

to work.

It doesn’t matter how much footballers are paid. And again This isn’t me trying to gather sympathy for them. But I wanted some answers as to why Saturday wasn’t just a bad performance....but it was barely a performance. I think I have those answers now and again, it’s DC’s fault.

• Like 1

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

says the man making excuses for Chansiri. 

• Like 2

What we are missing here is...Its pointless equating what "a player" thinks about the situation to what we would feel about a situation.

Might have a set of mardy f.ookers who are sticklers for getting their cash on time whether its 10 times the living wage or not..Why should they be bothered?

All the "yea but when I was a bricklayer etc?...Means jack I'm afraid...some things p*ss folk off when they think they are being done out of whats rightfully theirs....Sio say we have 2 or 3 like that?..It makes a difference

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s not excuses though.

they’re lazy mercenary twatsss who have down tools because they haven’t been paid, and this isn’t the first time. 

it’s an explanation though. And if they’d been paid on time we wouldn’t have seen THAT display against Forest. 

It’s another success of the DC reign. 12pt deduction, changed to 6, 5 managers in one season, majority of the squad out of contract and won’t be here next season regardless. 

No wonder we’re where we are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

says the man making excuses for Chansiri. 

Straight question.....

You get paid say 10k a week.

You’re guaranteed 7k up front for the month with the rest guaranteed to follow very shortly.

Would you down tools whilst kissing the badge on social media, in the midst of a global pandemic, your boss has been fighting for his life and in a must win game?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

False position? No such thing. You’re third in the league on merit.

The players are trying. Firmly believe that. They’re just not very good. And when you have off field problems creating a negative atmosphere and negative emotions you get crap players who are unmotivated and disillusioned. Doesn’t create a winning culture - and people wonder why we haven’t come back from behind to pick up at least a point this season? 

So we have crap players who are also unmotivated. Perfect storm. 

We were third for 4 days having jumped from 8th position. Not sure that’s their on merit. 5 games later we were back down to 10th.

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Straight question.....

You’re guaranteed 7k up front for the month with the rest guaranteed to follow very shortly.

Would you down tools whilst kissing the badge on social media, in the midst of a global pandemic, your boss has been fighting for his life and in a must win game?

The answer is probably not...which leads to the sad fact, they aren't bloody good enough....who woulda thought it

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Straight question.....

if it happened just the once I’d more than likely accept it. If it happened again I’d be asking questions. 

once it got to occurring every other payday then my work rate would diminish accordingly. 

Also.  If I signed a contract saying I’d be paid on the 27th of each month I’d expect my employer to honour that. 

And it has nothing to do with Darren Moore’s illness. For all we know his wages could be late too. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Straight question.....

If my expenses were over £7k a month and the delayed payment of wages meant I was in arrears of mortgage and car payments etc then yes subconsciously there would be a negative impact.  Many people, no matter what they earn live to their means.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ANDY said:

if it happened just the once I’d more than likely accept it. If it happened again I’d be asking questions. 

once it got to occurring every other payday then my work rate would diminish accordingly. 

Also.  If I signed a contract saying I’d be paid on the 27th of each month I’d expect my employer to honour that. 

And it has nothing to do with Darren Moore’s illness. For all we know his wages could be late too. 

I would imagine it is the least of his worries.

You’re ex-forces from memory, I respect that and your service but ffs you wouldn’t want the biggest part of this lot in the trenches.

I’m a bit wound up today so leaving here for now but I will tell you straight, all my mates, all lads together watching Wednesday since kids, have all said the same.

By miles not the worst team but by far the most spineless and constantly looking for excuses.

I REALLY hope we stay up.

They will not be heroes if they manage it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marro said:

If my expenses were over £7k a month and the delayed payment of wages meant I was in arrears of mortgage and car payments etc then yes subconsciously there would be a negative impact.  Many people, no matter what they earn live to their means.

Just have awank and a word with the bank.

Sorted!

Instead of just beingwank.

:duntmatter:

15 minutes ago, Marro said:

Well let me put it this way. If Reach and Rhodes, who probably take home somewhere in the region of 10-15k a week, have been living to their means, they’re both in serious bother this summer when they change clubs. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

False position? No such thing. You’re third in the league on merit.

The players are trying. Firmly believe that. They’re just not very good. And when you have off field problems creating a negative atmosphere and negative emotions you get crap players who are unmotivated and disillusioned. Doesn’t create a winning culture - and people wonder why we haven’t come back from behind to pick up at least a point this season? 

So we have crap players who are also unmotivated. Perfect storm. 

If the players are as crap as you say they are (and as a group, they certainly are), they can’t have been third on merit then can they ffs. It was a temporary blip in a season of awfulness. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Well let me put it this way. If Reach and Rhodes, who probably take home somewhere in the region of 10-15k a week, have been living to their means, they’re both in serious bother this summer when they change clubs. 

That's irrelevant though

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I would imagine it is the least of his worries.

You’re ex-forces from memory, I respect that and your service but ffs you wouldn’t want the biggest part of this lot in the trenches. 

The thing is though it'd would be like telling Blackadder and his mates that they're going over the top in the morning, but that the bosses hadn't sent any whiskey for them to have a last drink with, hadn't sent any bullets, and had decided to take their guns off em

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing is though it'd would be like telling Blackadder and his mates that they're going over the top in the morning, but that the bosses hadn't sent any whiskey for them to have a last drink with, hadn't sent any bullets, and had decided to take their guns off em

Well they might have the ONE gun...Then Joey would pass it to Bannan...back to Lees To Westwood...to Borner sideways to Lees to Joey to Bannan back to Borner...The f.ookin' top o the trench would be untouched, the Germans would be sat smokin' ciggies....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They’ll still get shot anyway.....

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1