Failure to pay wages in April

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

In this climate who really knows. I’d be much more concerned if this was happening when we had a standard crowd and all things were as normal. When we actually don’t pay wages at all, or fail to pay tax then that’s a different story. Ideally, the man in charge would have all the money for payments transferred and ready to pay on time to cover the rest of the season but one thing that isn’t reported is why there is a delay, beyond the standard need to transfer from Thailand.

But it was though, it first happened in December 2019, pre covid and pre this climate.

Covid is just a convenient excuse

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

But it was though, it first happened in December 2019, pre covid and pre this climate.

Covid is just a convenient excuse

Fair enough. I wouldn’t have said COVID has been convenient or enabled whatever has caused this to be resolved but certainly if it continues it is very bad news and could hold us back at this level. Assuming this max 7k a week thing is true though the wages in league one are much lower and we may end up on a budget which is easier on cash flow. 

Rule one of running and owning a business- make payroll.

Our form has been catastrophic from that first month ( Dec 19) this happened. Shows why this is rule number 1. everything I believe has been driven by this. The poor quality of player we have recruited since. The form of decent players ( eg reach) completely collapsing. The lack of new contracts being signed by crucial players like fletcher. 

The idea that this is down to some sort of admin or money transfer  issue is pitiful nonsense . 

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Road Runner said:

• Currently under transfer embargo.... again

• Not paying players for last two months.... again

• Still not fully refunding fans

• All players out of contract in next few weeks

• Points deduction to start the season.

• Zero leadership.

We are in an extremely worrying situation which is developing and become worse.

I have serious doubts we will even start next season. 

It’s developing into a Bolton/Wigan/Bury/Macclesfield situation now. 

Points deduction for what ...

Surely we cannot be far off going pop can we?

What's this now - 3rd / 4th time its happened this season? Once you can probably just about accept being in a very different world than what it was a few years ago, but when its becoming a regular occurrence like then its pretty apparent its all going ******** up behind the scenes.  

Relegation might just be the final nail in our coffin. 

Great. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Surely we cannot be far off going pop can we?

What's this now - 3rd / 4th time its happened this season? Once you can probably just about accept being in a very different world than what it was a few years ago, but when its becoming a regular occurrence like then its pretty apparent its all going ******** up behind the scenes.  

Relegation might just be the final nail in our coffin. 

Great. 

Relegation will force Chancers hand one way or another. Either sell or administration 

We'd better hope they are paid before next weekend then.

But whatever happens, this just shows how bleak things are. Even if we stay up, we will need to recruit a full team of championship players, when it is abundantly clear that we don't have a pot to p i s s in. 

I imagine there will be some rent due on the ground quite soon too.

Are the crowds going to come back in enough volume to dig Chansiri out of this financial hole?

21 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

So whilst to some players this won’t matter, certainly some big earners who have earned a good wage for 10+ years..

For others this absolutely might. 

A number of players live to their income. Mortgages, lifestyle etc...

Others find themselves in problems, gambling, addiction etc. 

So even if it doesn’t bother a senior player who’s got lots in the bank, it might affect others. 

Also, if a senior player who’s fine without money for a period of time isn’t personally impacted, it might impact other players who they’re close to. That in turn will still impact them and overall morale. 

It’s absolutely shambolic and if you consider as fans our reaction is ‘oh this again’ now, almost not surprised, imagine how the paid employees of the club feel. 

Oh, and you’re not offering me a contract in 2 months either? 

Go out and give it 110% son. Alright.

Perfectly summed up there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Who can put us in admin? (Currently only DC himself)

How would this benefit him over liquidation?

Administration isn't an option from what I can see. 

Liquidation is most likely unless he sells up, which I can't see him doing due to him probably wanting back every penny back he's put in putting any potential buyers off. 

Just now, bradowl said:

Administration isn't an option from what I can see. 

Liquidation is most likely unless he sells up, which I can't see him doing due to him probably wanting back every penny back he's put in putting any potential buyers off. 

He has no chance of getting his money back. If he sells, he's going to have to take a massive haircut.