Failure to pay wages in April

25 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thing is no club in the land has had pay on the gate revenue for more than twelve months.

So you’re telling me the only two clubs who are having problems when it comes to paying the wages are us and Derby? Who at the same time are the 2 clubs the EFL have been after? Strange that these 2 clubs are the only ones in the spotlight?

You can blame DC all you want but there seems to be an agenda from somewhere but it won’t be long before someone replies saying there isn’t? 😖

It could be that both clubs are just incompetent at running a business, hence why both clubs a)sold their grounds to their owners, and b) are fighting against relegation, while c) struggling to also find money for wages.

Just a thought.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

Be in trouble with the tax man then, benefit in kind init

we could always give the tax man a tape measure, stuffed dinosaur, or playoff t-shirt. He'll turn a blind eye then! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Maybe not the EFL mate? But it’s strange that it’s always us and Derby. I’m looking forward though to see if the EFL

are as keen with the P&S rules next season because it’s not just us and Derby  struggling with them, is it? But I think we all know the answer to this, don’t we? 😉

I know people suspect the Gibson effect and who knows what influence he's had, other than his public/media comments. 

Football is at a cross roads. Either allow m(b)illionaries to do what they want or enforce rules equally and transparently.

For me, the transcript from the appeal painted quite a dysfunctional picture at SWFC and the EFL. I couldn't believe what happened in trying to cobble together a ground sale transfer. It did seem like the EFL were happy for SWFC to go ahead, providing they did it before they collectively went on their summer holidays.

For all the money involved, it does seem the game, administrators and owners are absolute clowns.

• Like 1

Not read entire thread so not sure if mentioned, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been leaked to the press yet again by a player in response to criticism after yet another bad result 

1 minute ago, Django said:

Not read entire thread so not sure if mentioned, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been leaked to the press yet again by a player in response to criticism after yet another bad result 

This, they wages were due Friday, why wait until Sunday to go running to the paper?  One thing’s for sure though, not many people talking about how poo Harris (for eg) was now is there. 

4 minutes ago, Django said:

I dont think you can keep something like a full squad of 22 players have not been paid quiet.

All have families and agents who will know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

This, they wages were due Friday, why wait until Sunday to go running to the paper?  One thing’s for sure though, not many people talking about how poo Harris (for eg) was now is there. 

After that free kick alone Harris can still f*** off 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think you can keep something like a full squad of 22 players have not been paid quiet.

All have families and agents who will know.

Definitely 

Like or loath him, I don’t see where Chansiri goes from here 

He’s either-

Had enough of wasting his money 

Run out of money

Emptied his allowance from daddy 

or all of the above

either way it’s time to get out 

22 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Of course not, because Harris being sh*t barely registers when considered in the context of the complete clusterf*ck that is Chansiri's mismanagement of our club.

He's just another ill-suited player identified by a recruitment team who were working to god-knows-what criteria, who'll walk away for nothing at the end of his contract and be replaced with someone equally if not more sh*t.

It's difficult to get particularly angry about Harris when Chansiri has overseen the separation of Hillsborough from the club, a points deduction, transfer embargoes, the complete erosion of any value left in our playing squad, repeated failures to pay staff wages on time, and a likely relegation to League One.

• Like 8

its old news isn't it?

for some accounting reason, players are being paid x amount and then the remainder being paid the month after.

It isn't affecting "staff", well at least the ones I know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

its old news isn't it?

for some accounting reason, players are being paid x amount and then the remainder being paid the month after.

It isn't affecting "staff", well at least the ones I know

It’s a cash flow reason not an accounting reason, the remaining amount is paid as soon as additional funds arrive in the account. Which is generally not the following month.