Failure to pay wages in April

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I have lived and worked in Spain for 20 years, mainly self-employed, and I’ve never EVER get paid on time and sometimes not at all.

I spend time fighting for the money that is owed to me and mostly get it eventually but I’ll tell you something........IT HAS NEVER EVER, EVER AFFECTED MY PERFORMANCE AT WORK.

Stop trying to find excuses for this bunch of overpaid, and they always get paid, bunch of wasters!

Good for you. Two points:

This isn’t Spain.

Sadly footballers don’t think like that.

Let’s just pay our staff on time to avoid this whole debate yeah? Like 22 other clubs in the division are doing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I have lived and worked in Spain for 20 years, mainly self-employed, and I’ve never EVER get paid on time and sometimes not at all.

I spend time fighting for the money that is owed to me and mostly get it eventually but I’ll tell you something........IT HAS NEVER EVER, EVER AFFECTED MY PERFORMANCE AT WORK.

Stop trying to find excuses for this bunch of overpaid, and they always get paid, bunch of wasters!

But surely this is your choice - I expect you'll either invoice for work and rely on 30 day terms, which is always hit and miss even in this country, or you get cash-in-hand?

Someone on a salary doesn't sign a contract on a risk they'll get paid. I take what you are saying about they eventually get paid, but why would DC risk delayed payments that could affect the playing staff performance, particularly in the position the club is in?

If he's really struggling to get the cash together each month, I hope that he's fully explained this to the squad; reassuring them they will get paid in the following month.

Unfortunately his communication skills to date don't give me much comfort.

7 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Yes, somebody at last speaking up for actual working people, not overpaid footballers. The self employed are a classic example of workers who are often messed about big time with late payment, or no payment at all. They still go to the next task and do a professional job in the main. Some salaried people don’t know they’re born and I speak as someone who has worked in the military, the police and also self employed.

When the Reach's and Rhodes etc check their balance sheet at the end of the financial year, you can bet they’ll have been paid all they’re due. I hesitate to use the word 'earned'. 

Divide and rule - great!

I’ll state this quite clearly.

If the reason for that shitshow on Saturday was because they were only get 7k up front with the rest a bit later then those players out there are an absolutefucking disgrace to this club.

I am personally on the verge of losing everything I ever worked for as a result of this pandemic.  My mental health is ruined.  I’ve been caring for two elderly dementia patients 24/7 for weeks and my own mum is in hospital in Sheffield currently yet I still get up every day and work to the best of my ability to earn a few  quid.

Please don’t ask me to feel sorry or make excuses for that sorry bunch of wasters.

Westwood’s smiles at ft on Saturday said it all.

They are taking thepiss out of everyone at this club.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

There’s a difference between people who are self employed and people who sign a contract of employment which states by law that you’ll be paid XX amount on XX day of the month.

Correct. From time to time I have to chase up customers for late payments. Its a pitfall of being self employed. 

19 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ll state this quite clearly.

If the reason for that shitshow on Saturday was because they were only get 7k up front with the rest a bit later then those players out there are an absolutefucking disgrace to this club.

I am personally on the verge of losing everything I ever worked for as a result of this pandemic.  My mental health is ruined.  I’ve been caring for two elderly dementia patients 24/7 for weeks and my own mum is in hospital in Sheffield currently yet I still get up every day and work to the best of my ability to earn a few  quid.

Please don’t ask me to feel sorry or make excuses for that sorry bunch of wasters.

Westwood’s smiles at ft on Saturday said it all.

They are taking thepiss out of everyone at this club.

Sorry to hear about your situation. 

But I think you’re getting confused.

No one feels sorry for them. I personally don’t feel sorry for them.

BUT

It goes along way in explaining why we are where we are. Delayed or non paid wages does have an effect on performance. History throughout football shows that. Again - see Leeds all them years ago. Bolton more recently. 

If DC had his house in order and paid the players on time - like the other 22 clubs in the division (Derby excluded, how are they getting on?) perhaps we’d have more of a fighting chance of not dropping to the third tier?

Struggling to see how people can’t understand this. Everyone is applying too much emotion. 

Messing with players wages is a catalyst for poor performances. Simple and as a clear as that. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sorry to hear about your situation. 

But I think you’re getting confused.

No one feels sorry for them. I personally don’t feel sorry for them.

BUT

It goes along way in explaining why we are where we are. Delayed or non paid wages does have an effect on performance. History throughout football shows that. Again - see Leeds all them years ago. Bolton more recently. 

If DC had his house in order and paid the players on time - like the other 22 clubs in the division (Derby excluded, how are they getting on?) perhaps we’d have more of a fighting chance of not dropping to the third tier?

Struggling to see how people can’t understand this. Everyone is applying too much emotion. 

Messing with players wages is a catalyst for poor performances. Simple and as a clear as that. 

How come they were just as garbage when they were being paid on time then?

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan

If this was a big deal for the players, surely the PFA would have stepped in by now. It’s their union.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

If this was a big deal for the players, surely the PFA would have stepped in by now. It’s their union.

Most of them are leaving though. Probably just riding it out until they get fixed up at a club who will pay them on time.

PFA were contacted in November 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Were they? 

They were 3rd in the league when the first leak of player wages not being paid in full/on time got leaked. 

Yes but that was a false position remember?

The players in this team who get the most hammer are the ones who try their hardest, to the best of their ability week after week.

The “best” players get a free ride from our supporters week after week.

They have hidden behind the points deduction, they have bigged up the new boss yet failed to deliver for him when he’s potentially fighting for his life and now one of them has leaked this, again!, to hide behind and make excuses for their poor performances.

If you can’t read between the lines of all this then you’re a bigger sap than Chansiri.

They are taking the absolutepiss and have been doing for ages.

• Like 2

Don’t get me wrong btw.

There is NOTHING more right now that I want for us to stay up.

I don’t want us to go down and rebuild.  I want us to stay up and fuckoff a decent portion of the current squad because they consistently do my head in and they they think, and a lot of our fans think, that they are much better than they actually are and have ever been.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Yes but that was a false position remember?

The players in this team who get the most hammer are the ones who try their hardest, to the best of their ability week after week.

The “best” players get a free ride from our supporters week after week.

They have hidden behind the points deduction, they have bigged up the new boss yet failed to deliver for him when he’s potentially fighting for his life and now one of them has leaked this, again!, to hide behind and make excuses for their poor performances.

If you can’t read between the lines of all this then you’re a bigger sap than Chansiri.

They are taking the absolutepiss and have been doing for ages.

False position? No such thing. You’re third in the league on merit.

The players are trying. Firmly believe that. They’re just not very good. And when you have off field problems creating a negative atmosphere and negative emotions you get crap players who are unmotivated and disillusioned. Doesn’t create a winning culture - and people wonder why we haven’t come back from behind to pick up at least a point this season? 

So we have crap players who are also unmotivated. Perfect storm. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I can’t see who laughed but I don’t get what’s funny??

PM me and tell me.

I’m back soon re. my mum.  We can have a cup of tea and a chat in a beer garden.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

False position? No such thing. You’re third in the league on merit.

The players are trying. Firmly believe that. They’re just not very good. And when you have off field problems creating a negative atmosphere and negative emotions you get crap players who are unmotivated and disillusioned. Doesn’t create a winning culture - and people wonder why we haven’t come back from behind to pick up at least a point this season? 

So we have crap players who are also unmotivated. Perfect storm. 

The consensus on here was that it was a false position.

Don’t rewrite history.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Don’t get me wrong btw.

There is NOTHING more right now that I want for us to stay up.

I don’t want us to go down and rebuild.  I want us to stay up and fuckoff a decent portion of the current squad because they consistently do my head in and they they think, and a lot of our fans think, that they are much better than they actually are and have ever been.

Our squad is from the bargain basement mate.

Westwood ageing keeper who’s best days were years ago.

Same with Lees and Hutchinson. Living off past reputations. Haven’t got the legs anymore.

Borner and Pelupessy League 2 standard.

Paterson utility man who doesn’t actually have a position. 

Reach - cost money but he’s a player who needs good players around him to look good. Never been one to step up and grab the game by the scruff of its neck.

Same with Rhodes. Has always relied on great service. We have no players to provide this consistently. Plus he’s past it! His best days are well gone. Just because he cost a lot doesn’t mean we should hold him to a higher standard. He didn’t ask us to pay 10m for him.

Kachunga, Windass, Brown, Dunkley - squad fillers who weren’t wanted by the club who released them.

We have no focal point up top. We have no left back at the club - except Penney who isn’t good enough sadly. 

A crap squad which is constantly hampered by off the field issues. Recipe for absolute disaster. They’ve had 6 managers this year and aren’t being paid properly. They’re all out of contract. It’s an uncertain, unstable and unbalance mess of a squad which started with a body blow of a -12 deduction. 

All this caused by the chairman and the way he’s let this situation happen. 

A poor, unbalanced, unmotivated team. 

Relegation was always on the cards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I can’t see who laughed but I don’t get what’s funny??

PM me and tell me.

I’m back soon re. my mum.  We can have a cup of tea and a chat in a beer garden.

I take that back.

I thought it was in response to the dementia post.

Bit wound up today.

Will still meet up for a cuppa though if you’re over 6’ foot and hung like a Skeggy Donkey.