Failure to pay wages in April

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Chansiri chose to mess about not paying wages. I think he messed about with players wages because he has run out of money.

I shed no tears for players not being paid this month. But they are legally entitled to that money and no one is going to just shrug their shoulders about not getting £80k to £100k.

The amount of wages may be ridiculous but that’s not the point, if they were not paid then the reaction of the players as individual employees will be the same as everyone else.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's blatantly obvious Chancer has run out of money. I have a bad feeling things are about to get a whole lot worse. 

If he has run out of money to put in, he’ll have to flog us.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Eastern said:

If he has run out of money to put in, he’ll have to flog us.

I don’t think he has at all. Sounds like he’s been paying wages with cash flow from other businesses. His overall wealth may still be intact. 

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

It takes some bloody drumming up on here to whip up the feeling to even consider it. I have no idea/expertise/mobility or presence online to start a protest but spread the idea round strong enough and I'm sure we'll catch on eventually before its too late. I'm not talking about breaking into the ground and throwing flares around but a proper targeted meeting after we are relegated with a strong message against the ownership of this club is surely needed. If it doesn't happen it will always qualify Chansiri to think that he can do whatever and the fans will accept it. How do we drum that up? I don't know. But if there is something to attend to make a strong point then I will willingly attend. We've tried to do it the proper way through the Supporters club, tried to liase with letters and statements. Fairly worded and open expressions of concern. Met with lies and disregard. Lets see what we can do as fans. It will take more of us. 

Glad the Tolpuddle martyrs didn’t think this way 🤔

Thing is no club in the land has had pay on the gate revenue for more than twelve months.

So you’re telling me the only two clubs who are having problems when it comes to paying the wages are us and Derby? Who at the same time are the 2 clubs the EFL have been after? Strange that these 2 clubs are the only ones in the spotlight?

You can blame DC all you want but there seems to be an agenda from somewhere but it won’t be long before someone replies saying there isn’t? 😖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Thing is no club in the land has had pay on the gate revenue for more than twelve months.

So you’re telling me the only two clubs who are having problems when it comes to paying the wages are us and Derby? Who at the same time are the 2 clubs the EFL have been after? Strange that these 2 clubs are the only ones in the spotlight?

You can blame DC all you want but there seems to be an agenda from somewhere but it won’t be long before someone replies saying there isn’t? 😖

Come on Jim - it would have been reported if other clubs were having these issues. I agree that it does seem to be us and Derby being reported, but not because of the EFL. 

3 hours ago, bobness said:

And there I was thinking DC would offer the players a massive bonus if we stay up... meanwhile we're struggling to pay what we're contractually obligated to

He’s not allowed to offer payments that are not specified in their contracts.

Yes I know paying the ones that are would be a start. 

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

Come on Jim - it would have been reported if other clubs were having these issues. I agree that it does seem to be us and Derby being reported, but not because of the EFL. 

Maybe not the EFL mate? But it’s strange that it’s always us and Derby. I’m looking forward though to see if the EFL

are as keen with the P&S rules next season because it’s not just us and Derby  struggling with them, is it? But I think we all know the answer to this, don’t we? 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

He’s not allowed to offer payments that are not specified in their contracts.

Yes I know paying the ones that are would be a start. 

Interesting. What about vouchers to the club shop? 

Edited by bobness
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Maybe not the EFL mate? But it’s strange that it’s always us and Derby. I’m looking forward though to see if the EFL

are as keen with the P&S rules next season because it’s not just us and Derby  struggling with them, is it? But I think we all know the answer to this, don’t we? 😉

BINGO

Its the players ✅

it’s the manager ✅

it’s the coaches ✅

We now have it’s the EFL

🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Players are human; if they found out they were not being paid before Saturday's game - even if it was a just a rumour at the time - then that explains a less than 100% effort.

They don't do it just for the love of the game or SWFC. I like my job and who I work for - but if they didn't pay me I would be absolutely furious and not be very interested in putting a shift in. 

Quite frankly, it would be an absolute travesty if we stayed up - take off the SWFC specs and you cant think of a side more deserving of relegation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1