Failure to pay wages in April

18 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Well let me put it this way. If Reach and Rhodes, who probably take home somewhere in the region of 10-15k a week, have been living to their means, they’re both in serious bother this summer when they change clubs. 

That may be the case.  However, I don’t lower my mortgage because I might be at a different firm where I am paid considerably less.  Whether players are extravagant with their lifestyle is irrelevant and they may pay to seemingly obscene amount on cars and mortgages etc they often still live to their means.  If I was paid late with my salary on 4 occasions out of 12 then I would suffer severe problems, like most people.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

If the players are as crap as you say they are (and as a group, they certainly are), they can’t have been third on merit then can they ffs. It was a temporary blip in a season of awfulness. 

Third last season when they were being paid on time. And we had two good strikers in Fletcher and Nuhiu. And we had a left back at the club in Morgan Fox. And we had a fully fit Iorfa and Luongo. And Jacob Murphy who is playing out of his skin for Newcastle this season.

The squad has changed quite a bit since. It’s got worse. Quite a bit worse. With no centre forward or left back in the squad.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

You can’t argue that we reached third in the league by accident.

We did. Since then we let key players leave, failed to replace them and stopped paying the players on time. Oh yeah and had a points deduction looming over the club.

And we’ve absolutely plummeted. All down to one man and his management of the clubs assets and inability to pay staff. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Third last season when they were being paid on time. And we had two good strikers in Fletcher and Nuhiu. And we had a left back at the club in Morgan Fox. And we had a fully fit Iorfa and Luongo. And Jacob Murphy who is playing out of his skin for Newcastle this season.

The squad has changed quite a bit since. It’s got worse. Quite a bit worse. With no centre forward or left back in the squad.

Good striker - Nuhiu? You lost me right there. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Better than anything we’ve got up front now.

Thats a fact. 

It’s not a fact, it’s an opinion. 
Let  me put it this way - if Windass played almost a full season In Cyprus I reckon he’d definitely be in double figures. How’s Donkey Dave doing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

It’s not a fact, it’s an opinion. 
Let  me put it this way - if Windass played almost a full season In Cyprus I reckon he’d definitely be in double figures. How’s Donkey Dave doing?

A big reason we’ve struggled this season is our lack of focal point up top.

We let Fletcher and Nuhiu go. And we didn’t replace them. 

Windass had a good little spell recently. But completely different type of striker to Nuhiu. We’ve lacked a presence up top all season. 

Nuhiu improves this squad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A big reason we’ve struggled this season is our lack of focal point up top.

We let Fletcher and Nuhiu go. And we didn’t replace them. 

Windass had a good little spell recently. But completely different type of striker to Nuhiu. We’ve lacked a presence up top all season. 

Nuhiu improves this squad.

Any thoughts on why he can’t score in Cyprus then? Too hot? Leaves on the line? Anything? 
Biggest model of the Emperors New Clothes I’ve ever witnessed on a football pitch. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Any thoughts on why he can’t score in Cyprus then? Too hot? Leaves on the line? Anything? 
Biggest model of the Emperors New Clothes I’ve ever witnessed on a football pitch. 

Don’t give a damn what he’s doing in Cyprus.

Completely fine letting him go. But if you’re going to let go two physical centre forwards who are capable of getting goals leave, make sure you replace them. We didn’t. We signed Paterson who is the cheap lesser utility man who just isn’t an out and out centre forward. 

Nuhiu would have been an asset this season. 

Funny how you’re quick to call out the players for lack of effort, yet you’re slagging off a player who left everything out there every time he put on the Wednesday shirt. A player who played beyond his contract last season while others didn’t want to risk injury for their new club. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who is saying that? 

No one. 

No one at all. 

So, if or when we go down - I doubt either Rhodes or Windass will be short of championship offers. How come nobody wanted Don QuiDave then? Fletcher I will definitely agree with you. Good player. 
Nuhiu - I’ve seen more mobile tortoises. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Devonstrix said:

So, if or when we go down - I doubt either Rhodes or Windass will be short of championship offers. How come nobody wanted Don QuiDave then? Fletcher I will definitely agree with you. Good player. 
Nuhiu - I’ve seen more mobile tortoises. 

Weird take. 

1) you don’t know he didn’t have other offers 

2) maybe he wanted to move abroad

We are less off without Nuhiu this season. Rhodes and Windass completely different strikers. We’ve lacked a target man all season - Nuhiu if you think he’s good or not, has the qualities we’ve lacked. So did Fletcher. We got rid of both and replaced them with Kachunga and Paterson. Both worse players.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Weird take. 

1) you don’t know he didn’t have other offers 

2) maybe he wanted to move abroad

We are less off without Nuhiu this season. Rhodes and Windass completely different strikers. We’ve lacked a target man all season - Nuhiu if you think he’s good or not, has the qualities we’ve lacked. So did Fletcher. We got rid of both and replaced them with Kachunga and Paterson. Both worse players.

Paterson is definitely a better player than Nuhiu. 
Opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

If its anything like Bannan then I imagine its because the players around him arent good enough.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think our season hinged on Nuihu playing or not.

If you mean having Nuhiu wouldn't suddenly make us promotion contenders or even yawning in mid-table obscurity, you're right.

However, I can easily imagine a scenario in which if we'd had Nuhiu all season rather than, say, Kachunga or Marriott, we'd be on 44 rather than 40 points  today...

Paterson may well be better in some respects than Nuhiu...however is he as much of a handful for defenders to deal with. I suspect Nuhiu is a really difficult player to defend against: very tall, very awkward, backing into centre backs, good at laying ball off and very good at keeping it in the corner to run down the clock. I’ll stick me neck out (like Nuhiu) and say he could probably have earned us a few draws when we lost by an odd goal and possibly gained us the points needed to stay up (6 or 7?) comfortably. IMHO he would have been an asset this season as it turned out, even from the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

He scored goals in the UK though?
What's your take on it?

Owlstalk Shop