I genuinely think we can stay up

Guest Grandad

It's the hope that kills you. Just accept that this bunch of sorry wasters don't have the balls / ability. 

They knew what was needed in the last few weeks yet still failed to deliver. Although we looked doomed a few weeks ago, an extra 5 points from the Bristol, QPR and Boro games would have had us in a position where we could actually have mathematically secured safety this weekend with a game to spare - but despite knowing exactly what they needed to do they blew them all, as they do more often than not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Guest Grandad

Those saying Rotherham have the same points are missing that we have 6 deducted.

We are halfway up the form table. Rotherham and Derby both bottom.

If we get a better result than Derby on Saturday it goes to the last day.

We can do this. #BELIEVE

2 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

If we can beat Blackburn at home I see no reason why Rotherham can't. Can also see them beating Luton too. Still a slim chance for us but that's all it is. Could've done with Brentford getting a few tonight to dent their GD.

You have a lot of faith in Rotherham, not sure why.

C3688B26-DDB6-4DB1-A1D0-224E92E51A64.thumb.jpeg.3fc5b213d30a2e3fdf567a4c2425415f.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

That's it then - nine men at the back and park the bus for a point.

:Chansiri:

😁

Massive pressure on roths and derby if we win....could be very interesting.

Though i suppose we have massive pressure to win ..especially as we play before the other two

Sky have us at 6/5, shortest we have been all season..😆

2 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

If we can beat Blackburn at home I see no reason why Rotherham can't. Can also see them beating Luton too. Still a slim chance for us but that's all it is. Could've done with Brentford getting a few tonight to dent their GD.

How on earth can you see Rotherham (lost 5 on the bounce) beating in form Luton away? What are you basing it on? Any non Wednesday fan would have that as an home banker on  their coupon. Same with Blackburn,  they've just put 5 past Huddersfield and on their day are dangerous with Armstrong, Gallagher, Elliott , Holtby etc...

• Like 1

Some stats:

Possibility of staying up: 100%
Possibility of going down: 66.6% 

Possibility of winning 2 games in a row: 15%
Possibility of drawing 1 and winning 1: 48% 

Possibility of losing 2 games in a row: 66.6%

Games we can affect: 42% 

Guesswork quickly calculated stats by me: 

101% 

• Haha 3

It's one of them, it's mathematically possibly, and the other 2 teams that we need to climb above seem to be doing everything in their power to be worse than us, but there something in my head that says we're not good enough to take advantage of a gift wrapped way to safety. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

How on earth can you see Rotherham (lost 5 on the bounce) beating in form Luton away? What are you basing it on? Any non Wednesday fan would have that as an home banker on  their coupon. Same with Blackburn,  they've just put 5 past Huddersfield and on their day are dangerous with Armstrong, Gallagher, Elliott , Holtby etc...

No serious gambler would be backing mid table teams to beat teams fighting for their lives at this stage of the season, too many odd results happen in these situations. Year after year teams pull results out of the bag around this time. 

Well, apart from Wednesday of course. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's the hope that kills you. Just accept that this bunch of sorry wasters don't have the balls / ability. 

They knew what was needed in the last few weeks yet still failed to deliver. Although we looked doomed a few weeks ago, an extra 5 points from the Bristol, QPR and Boro games would have had us in a position where we could actually have mathematically secured safety this weekend with a game to spare - but despite knowing exactly what they needed to do they blew them all, as they do more often than not. 

This is the problem.

I can see them taking it to the last game and then blowing it.

18 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Rotherham have lost their balls.. they were lame tonight . 
Blackburn are definitely not on the beach and are enjoying their football.. ask Huddersfield fans for a confirmation of that

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Those saying Rotherham have the same points are missing that we have 6 deducted.

We are halfway up the form table. Rotherham and Derby both bottom.

If we get a better result than Derby on Saturday it goes to the last day.

We can do this. #BELIEVE

WAWAW

25704541.gif

So far the team that has been beating Sheffield Wednesday is Sheffield Wednesday! If we’d have stopped shooting ourselves in the foot a few weeks ago we’d already be safe (or at least masters of our own destiny). 
At the end of the day one really crap team is going to stay up. Might as well be us!

I’m not yet a believer. But can sniff a bit of hope.