I genuinely think we can stay up

Guest Grandad

Now I've read this thread I feel weak. I obviously want us to stay up but I just dont think we will. I don't want to start getting giddy that we might in case I get let down then blame myself for getting giddy. I've already cost us enough points by tuning into games just in time to see us concede. 

I'm resigned to relegation. I can even see the benefits if you can call them that, in that loads of players will leave and we'll start again. If we stay up less will leave but we'll have to be better at recruiting and spend more. There's less margin for error. At league 1 prices we can have a few not be quite up to it a d it won't cripple us. We know what champ prices can do to a club when it's wasted money. 2 words. Almen Abdi. Him alone cost us millions. 

Guest Andy W
20 hours ago, 1963owl said:

I agree.. Rotherham are blowing it & Derby are even worse than us

Now now...not even Wycombe are worse than us

10 hours ago, T Hardy said:

If we do stay up I hope our fans don’t get carried away and celebrate too much. Whatever the outcome of this season, the heat needs to be put on Chansiri. 

You must be joking,ill be moonwalking up & down my street lol

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

This is the problem stat that's giving me hope when I know I shouldn't have any. 

There is no hope. There's a famous quote from band of brothers where Ronald spiers tell a private that unless you fight without mercy or compassion you can't wage effective war. 

It doesn't have a great deal in relation to what I'm saying, but you've got to lose all hope to deal with everything effectively. 

8 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

O shut up your moron 

People like you do my nut in 

He doesn't agree with me so he wants us to lose blah blah 

Boring 

I want us to stay up but we won't 

All the stats, facts, people with working eyesite know these players won't win two games in a row 

Then Rotherham and Derby falling on their ar5e too 

Grow up and accept people have different opinions 

Great response 

You keep on Hating and wishing bad on the club , players etc 

If we did manage to pull it off I would love it you would be distraught 

Thats the difference 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, BIG D said:

As bad as we are our team has earned more points this season than Wycombe, Toytown and Derby.

We are better than all 3 , thems the facts.

Pity rovrum bummed us...twice

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

As bad as we are our team has earned more points this season than Wycombe, Toytown and Derby.

We are better than all 3 , thems the facts.

Dont know why anyone would think that,we got outplayed in both halves at home to Derby, but robbed a win, outplayed at wycombe and toytown did the double over us and deserved it.

Id say thems the facts

21 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

yeah that's about right.  

Its difficult to take a step back and view the relegation scrap with a balanced opinion and fans forums are typical in belittling their own teams chances.

Two things keep coming back to me:

1: we pretty much have to win 2 in a row, a big ask at any time of the season with our squad and even bigger with the pressure on

2: We have to score the first goal in both of our remaining fixtures, our lack of ability to fight back has been there all season and won't change in the last 2 games.

On the plus side, we generally do ok against forest and I honestly believe if we win on Saturday then everything will be in our hands.  I don't expect Derby to beat Swansea and I don't expect rotherham to win 2 of the last 3.

Then again this is the last few games of the season and anything can happen!

Agree. I think personally we'll draw on Saturday and results elsewhere will conspire to set up a final day decider at Pride Park.

Like you say, anything can happen. It'd be very Wednesday to thrash Forest and then Derby beat Swansea.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Great response 

You keep on Hating and wishing bad on the club , players etc 

If we did manage to pull it off I would love it you would be distraught 

Thats the difference 

Wishing bad? 

They do that on their own 

Keep you specs on, and I'll stick to the real world 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Dont know why anyone would think that,we got outplayed in both halves at home to Derby, but robbed a win, outplayed at wycombe and toytown did the double over us and deserved it.

Id say thems the facts

We weren't outplayed at Wycombe, the players weren't playing for Monk at that point but it still took a set piece to beat us. On another day it ends 1-1.

While Derby had their chances, they didn't take them and we did. I'd take two more games like that if it meant we stayed up as I'm sure you would.

Can't believe we're still not down. 

Birmingham and Coventry have done really well to pull themselves clear -  leaving Derby to be the ones enabling us to cling on despite our own troubles.

Financially, relegation will be a disaster but a fully deserved one. But for me it feels like the only way to build some momentum. 

If we stay up, yes we remain in the Championship which brings a certain amount of financial benefit and stability, especially with fans coming back next season. 

But I'm not sure we will do much better than we have done this term, if at all. A new squad of players, sourced with limited funds, will have a tough time from day 1. Where do we get the momentum from to build upwards? We might get lucky and DM may lead us to have a strong consolidation season... that's the best case scenario.

If we drop, I can stomach starting afresh in League 1, with a largely new squad, building a winning mentality, scoring goals.

Sure it will be tough, as we become the equivalent of a 'beaten man', with other clubs wanting to gob on us and give us a rude awakening to League 1... but with a bit of luck we have enough to get promotion by whatever means.

This takes us back into the Championship with the wind in our sails and real confidence within the squad... and the push to build from there re-starts - from a solid base. 

The worry is if we don't go up first time... then we really start to feel the pinch, start to spiral... I look at clubs like Sunderland, Bolton, Southend... let's not kid ourself we are in a mess at the moment, a back-to-back relegation can not be ruled out - so that's the only thing (along with natural instinct) that would make me want us to stay up this term.  

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Id say thems the facts

*checks league table*

No, I’m right

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Can't believe we're still not down. 

Birmingham and Coventry have done really well to pull themselves clear -  leaving Derby to be the ones enabling us to cling on despite our own troubles.

Financially, relegation will be a disaster but a fully deserved one. But for me it feels like the only way to build some momentum. 

If we stay up, yes we remain in the Championship which brings a certain amount of financial benefit and stability, especially with fans coming back next season. 

But I'm not sure we will do much better than we have done this term, if at all. A new squad of players, sourced with limited funds, will have a tough time from day 1. Where do we get the momentum from to build upwards? We might get lucky and DM may lead us to have a strong consolidation season... that's the best case scenario.

If we drop, I can stomach starting afresh in League 1, with a largely new squad, building a winning mentality, scoring goals.

Sure it will be tough, as we become the equivalent of a 'beaten man', with other clubs wanting to gob on us and give us a rude awakening to League 1... but with a bit of luck we have enough to get promotion by whatever means.

This takes us back into the Championship with the wind in our sails and real confidence within the squad... and the push to build from there re-starts - from a solid base. 

The worry is if we don't go up first time... then we really start to feel the pinch, start to spiral... I look at clubs like Sunderland, Bolton, Southend... let's not kid ourself we are in a mess at the moment, a back-to-back relegation can not be ruled out - so that's the only thing (along with natural instinct) that would make me want us to stay up this term.  

SOUTHEND??