Guest Grandad

4 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Gonna be some right back tracking when we get beat on Saturday 

Our lot ain't got the balls to stay up 

Won 2 games in a row once all season 

Ain't happening 

Plus Derby will get a draw against Swansea, so won't matter what we do 

Eh?

If we win & Derby draw, we’re within 2 points of them, with them to play. 
🤔

Guest whowantstoberich
13 hours ago, sage owl said:

If derby win either of their last 2 games we’re down.

Luckily they won’t. It’s us winning which is harder to believe happening 

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Haven’t read this nonsense thread so don’t know if it’s been mentioned..but wonder how many pretending we can stay up have backed us to do it...7/1 after the brentford rovrum result...so that’s nobody then...

You’ll have lumped your life savings on us going down won’t you?

1/16 is small rewards but it’s a dead cert for you. 

Guest Therealrealist
24 minutes ago, BIG D said:

You’ll have lumped your life savings on us going down won’t you?

1/16 is small rewards but it’s a dead cert for you. 

So have you lumped on at 7/1 then? No i thought not..your welcome

Guest T Hardy

If we do stay up I hope our fans don’t get carried away and celebrate too much. Whatever the outcome of this season, the heat needs to be put on Chansiri. 

Just now, T Hardy said:

If we do stay up I hope our fans don’t get carried away and celebrate too much. Whatever the outcome of this season, the heat needs to be put on Chansiri. 

100% this. Whatever happens in the next 2 games Chansiri and these players have been a disgrace. 

• Like 1

If you've watched Wednesday as long as I have , around 50 years you'd be a bit of a pessamist and that's my reason for thinking we won't stay up , oh plus we have a weak willed bunch of players and a terrible owner.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Spookone said:

It’s now got to the stage where if we win our last 2 matches, you would think we are likely to stay up as I can’t see Rotherham getting 6 points from 9 but if I’m being honest I also can’t see us getting 6 points from 6.

I don’t even think of it like that, just want us to get through this weekend with a win and both Derby and Rotherham not winning. That way, Rotherham would have to beat both Luton and Cardiff away for a win at Derby not to be enough.

One game at a time.. we can beat Forest and need a bit of luck with the others then it’s a one off cup final between two poor teams.

If we stay up it would surely have to go down as one of the most underserved great escapes EVER? Name another one where a team has stayed up despite being as gutless as this Sheffield Wednesday team.

I honestly do not know how we have been taken this into the penultimate weekend.

QPR Home - Very late Equalizer after Lees went off injured and down to 10. - 2 points thrown away

Huddersfield Home - Late Equalizer - 2 points thrown away.

Bristol City Home - Eugh - 2 points thrown away

Luton Away - 2 Points Thown away

Rotherham Home - Point thrown away.

You could go on and on and on and on.

Even if the results go our way this weekend and we need to beat Derby to stay up.

There is no chance this team of bottle jobs would come through. No chance at all. They never do and never have this lot.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t even think of it like that, just want us to get through this weekend with a win and both Derby and Rotherham not winning. That way, Rotherham would have to beat both Luton and Cardiff away for a win at Derby not to be enough.

One game at a time.. we can beat Forest and need a bit of luck with the others then it’s a one off cup final between two poor teams.

I do hope you're right.

Not only can we stop up but there is a clear path to doing so. We need a hapless Derby team to pick up no more than 1 point away at a play-off team and for us to win 2 winnable games, and for an equally hapless Rotherham to continue punching at thin air. 

The "we need to win 2 winnable games" is why this remains unlikely, but the path is obvious.

To be honest I'm starting to question why I'm even expending this much mental energy on it, though. I don't expect Championship survival to make a big difference to which players we can keep - most of whom I can't wait to see the back of anyway - or Chansiri's disastrous running of the club. At this point I'm essentially desperate for us to stop up this year so we can watch a bunch of youth players and journeymen go down next season instead, via 2 drubbings by United. Great. 

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

where have you found odds on us to stay up? I can only find the 1/16 odds for us to go down. 

There yer go...fill yer boots😏

Screenshot_20210428-122133_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Nothing if we win 

Posters like Sticky want us to fail just to say I told you so , Just like they hope Bannan has a poor game so it fulfills their desire to be right . 
We have a slim chance of pulling this off if other results go our way 

If we take this to the last game I will be ecstatic , other posters not so 

Baffles me why they attach themselves to the club tbh .

O shut up your moron 

People like you do my nut in 

He doesn't agree with me so he wants us to lose blah blah 

Boring 

I want us to stay up but we won't 

All the stats, facts, people with working eyesite know these players won't win two games in a row 

Then Rotherham and Derby falling on their ar5e too 

Grow up and accept people have different opinions 

• Like 1