I genuinely think we can stay up

Guest Grandad

Derby only have to equal our result on Saturday to send us down.

Swansea not won any of last 4 home matches.

Blackburn have lost 2 out of last 3 away games - 1-0 to us and Wycombe. Draw 2-2 against a Cardiff team we beat 5-0.

Derby are one of our boggy teams, if it came down to last match....

Guest Therealrealist

Haven’t read this nonsense thread so don’t know if it’s been mentioned..but wonder how many pretending we can stay up have backed us to do it...7/1 after the brentford rovrum result...so that’s nobody then...

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Seriously

Everybody is trying their hardest to get relegated.

We don't try hard at anything. Rotherham haven't got a prayer tonight. Only Luton gives them any kind of hope for a point

Beat Forest Saturday and we will stay up. I can feel it in my water

Let's just get behind the whole team, management, the lot. 

Behave 

Just now, New Maple Staple said:

Derby only have to equal our result on Saturday to send us down.

Swansea not won any of last 4 home matches.

Blackburn have lost 2 out of last 3 away games - 1-0 to us and Wycombe. Draw 2-2 against a Cardiff team we beat 5-0.

Derby are one of our boggy teams, if it came down to last match....

Whatever happens in the other games, we can only stay up by winning at Derby (what a difference those 2 points thrown away against Bristol could make).

So a high pressure game, with this bunch of gutless fairies, needing to win away against a bogey team, and with our track record of throwing away leads, failing to come back from a goal down, not turning up or even appearing to try in relegation six pointers, and ending other teams' bad runs - what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 4

This might be contentious but we absolutely deserve to go down.

There's zero evidence to suggest that even relegation would force the owner to question the way he operates and his own level of ability. I can assure you there'd be even less chance if we stay up by some twist of fate.

If, after all our missteps, all our f@ck ups, the lack of leadership, the leaches sucking the club dry, the lack of planning, being devoid of direction or the first f@cking clue about how to run a club......if after all that we don't go down, it will only be worse going forward.

The guy running this club deserves everything he has coming and we are just going to have to suck up his ineptitude.......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1963owl said:

I agree.. Rotherham are blowing it & Derby are even worse than us

I'd argue that we are worse than both Derby/ Rotherham and if we had any fight in us then we would be 4points better off after the Cardiff game by now... IMO this team is pretty much the worst set of players SWFC have fielded and also an example of all that is wrong in football with regards to paying cr@p players too much... 

• Like 3

Thing is when it gets to this stage of the season, regardless of what has gone before it's kind of anyone's game.

I hope our lads can maybe use the fact they don't (based purely on results) deserve to be below Derby as motivation.

I think it goes to the final day. Not saying we'll stay up but we have a chance and I'd have probably taken that in September.

20 minutes ago, Morepork said:

This might be contentious but we absolutely deserve to go down.

There's zero evidence to suggest that even relegation would force the owner to question the way he operates and his own level of ability. I can assure you there'd be even less chance if we stay up by some twist of fate.

If, after all our missteps, all our f@ck ups, the lack of leadership, the leaches sucking the club dry, the lack of planning, being devoid of direction or the first f@cking clue about how to run a club......if after all that we don't go down, it will only be worse going forward.

The guy running this club deserves everything he has coming and we are just going to have to suck up his ineptitude.......

In his defence he has always had the best intentions for the club, but has clearly relied on advice from a lot of people with invested interests... IMO opinion he should've let SG have a crack at managing the team with a bit of money for key players before he signed CC as manager... Then when CC did eventually take charge of the team to try and claim glory for our promotion push (1/2 way into the season) rather than just watch the fast attacking team we were (before him) with a few key players to that of SG's - he then turned us into a bore-fest of negative, sideways, back balls and IMO cost us 2yrs promotion with his cr@ppy style of play.... 

44 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

I'd argue that we are worse than both Derby/ Rotherham and if we had any fight in us then we would be 4points better off after the Cardiff game by now... IMO this team is pretty much the worst set of players SWFC have fielded and also an example of all that is wrong in football with regards to paying cr@p players too much... 

How are we worse than Derby,we are 4 points behind them but we started the season on minus 6 points

2 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

How are we worse than Derby,we are 4 points behind them but we started the season on minus 6 points

We are 4 points behind them and the deduction was based on the EFL rules so I don't get your post... We broke the rules by employing superstars on high salaries and were then punished accordingly... Also the reduction to 6 points from my knowledge was only due to an EFL clerical error agreeing to account for the ground sale earlier financially than it was completed. Therefore we should've technically had an advantage (2 fold) with fielding superstars on big bucks and getting a points reduction. However the superstars in question were poo and the team have consistently thrown away the chances to make our situation safe this year... FFS we absolutely turned Cardiff over and then couldn't beat a 10man Bristol team along with a 1-3 loss to Middlesbrough... 

5 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

We are 4 points behind them and the deduction was based on the EFL rules so I don't get your post... We broke the rules by employing superstars on high salaries and were then punished accordingly... Also the reduction to 6 points from my knowledge was only due to an EFL clerical error agreeing to account for the ground sale earlier financially than it was completed. Therefore we should've technically had an advantage (2 fold) with fielding superstars on big bucks and getting a points reduction. However the superstars in question were poo and the team have consistently thrown away the chances to make our situation safe this year... FFS we absolutely turned Cardiff over and then couldn't beat a 10man Bristol team along with a 1-3 loss to Middlesbrough... 

But we've still got 2 points more than Derby have this season,which means they haven't been better than us so far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1963owl said:

But we've still got 2 points more than Derby have this season,which means they haven't been better than us so far

I get the point you’re trying to make but I’d go with the fact that they have 4 points more than us (based on the EFL rules) and therefore haven’t been as bad... 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

I get the point you’re trying to make but I’d go with the fact that they have 4 points more than us (based on the EFL rules) and therefore haven’t been as bad... 

Based on literal results from football matches played this season. We've had a better season. We're only behind them because of the points deduction. That's a fact.

A points deduction that could have been avoided if we had been run better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Thing is when it gets to this stage of the season, regardless of what has gone before it's kind of anyone's game.

I hope our lads can maybe use the fact they don't (based purely on results) deserve to be below Derby as motivation.

I think it goes to the final day. Not saying we'll stay up but we have a chance and I'd have probably taken that in September.

yeah that's about right.  

Its difficult to take a step back and view the relegation scrap with a balanced opinion and fans forums are typical in belittling their own teams chances.

Two things keep coming back to me:

1: we pretty much have to win 2 in a row, a big ask at any time of the season with our squad and even bigger with the pressure on

2: We have to score the first goal in both of our remaining fixtures, our lack of ability to fight back has been there all season and won't change in the last 2 games.

On the plus side, we generally do ok against forest and I honestly believe if we win on Saturday then everything will be in our hands.  I don't expect Derby to beat Swansea and I don't expect rotherham to win 2 of the last 3.

Then again this is the last few games of the season and anything can happen!

• Like 1