I genuinely think we can stay up

Guest Grandad

4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It'll be amazing and also hilarious if we do stay up. My only worry is we'll be right back down here next season as there is no way we could build a decent Champ side at the moment. 

I don't think that would be the case.

1. Last year's summer recruitment suffered from being under the shadow of a 12 point deduction
  2. My trust in Darren Moore is greater than Garry Monk on the recruitment side of things.
  3. He'll also know hungry, talented league one players eager to step up - so recruiting from lower leagues would be less of a risk.

But we'll know a lot more about what league we may be playing in after tomorrow.

The biggest stumbling block on us staying up isn't how Rotherham and Derby do over the weekend, it's that we have to win the next two games!

Most Sheffield Wednesday scenario is that, we win this weekend, Derby and Rotherham lose. Rotherham lose midweek and next Saturday.

We are 2 up against Derby after 90 minutes next Saturday, concede to stoppage time goals and are relegated!

Anyone sort of at peace with it all?

It has felt so inevitable for so long that stopping up would be more a welcome relief than anything else.

Needless to say, I'm going to be absolutely steaming by about half one tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It has felt so inevitable for so long that stopping up would be more a welcome relief than anything else.

Needless to say, I'm going to be absolutely steaming by about half one tomorrow.

most of the season I have been thinking we will go down, recently I had accepted it and I felt a strange sense of relief (maybe that’s not the right word) however now there is a chance we could stay up I feel so bloody nervous, I can’t think of anything else! I really do think we will win tomorrow, Derby will lose or draw and it will go down to the last game. Next week will be a hell of a long week if it does. 

21 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

I really do understand where you're coming from however its (unfortunately) the literal results in terms of points that matters and not football matches... 

I know that, we all know that.

But in terms of these next two matches, it's something that Moore (if able) and his staff might be able to use to inspire his players.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, andytrig said:

The biggest stumbling block on us staying up isn't how Rotherham and Derby do over the weekend, it's that we have to win the next two games!

Most Sheffield Wednesday scenario is that, we win this weekend, Derby and Rotherham lose. Rotherham lose midweek and next Saturday.

We are 2 up against Derby after 90 minutes next Saturday, concede to stoppage time goals and are relegated!

Exactly this. The other games are irrelevant. Even if we get past Forest (I predict 1-1) our away form is absolutely abysmal. We will lose at Derby anyway.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, SiJ said:

I feel very similar.