• Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Kachunga
    • Green
    • Pelupessy

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very tough afternoon against an excellent qpr team who looked quick and dangerous throughout the match

Wildsmith - 5. Unlucky with second , couple of good saves, didn’t look comfortable all game

Palmer 7- very good first half , less effective in second

Borner 4. All over the place

Osaze 6. Linked with Palmer well in first half, ragged second half and rightly subbed

Lees 5. At sea, not helped by the erratic play of borner

Reach 7. Good assist, worked, ok defensively 

Hutchinson 3. Offered no protection, possession or any attacking momentum. Way off it

Bannan 6. Ran , tackled but squeezed out of the game 

Paterson 4. Couldn’t get into the game

Windass 7 . Excellent goal, ran all day , looked our only danger 

Rhodes 5. Struggled , worked hard, an off day

all subs . 3 out of 10. All awful .

I can agree with some of these but the negative towards Börner I don’t understand. He makes himself available to Bannan and Reach and provides a good outlet on the left.

A 3 for  Hutchinson is frankly a joke. He has been a much more dependable player since rejoining the club.

Generally I think I DM is having a positive impact on the club. They had more scoring opportunities today than they would have had in many matches earlier in the season. The big problem for me is DM has clearly identified how he wants to play and the players he feels fit that system, but the opportunities to change from the bench are non existent 

• Like 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

Go and watch the Watford game and see if you this he played at a level that gets anywhere close to expectations

In fact don’t bother, he was crap.

I watched Watford. Thought he was ok, nothing special.

Just don’t think he deserved dropping before today. Nothing more, nothing less. 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Defence at sea from minute 1. We sat far too back. Wasn’t convinced by Urhoghide either, another who turns to jelly legs on the ball 

As mad as it sounds it is still doable if we win our next 3 home games and I have to believe that.

You wouldn’t fancy any of the fans’ favourites though if they were in a row alongside you in a taxi rank at 3am.

Absolutely spineless when it matters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Bannan played well, he played in reach et all on countless occasions but delivery was then shocking

But we were overrun in centre midfield because Bannan and Hutch lack pace, power and athleticism. Bannan and Reach made no attempt to close down the cross for the third. Bannan dropped too deep most of the time today after it looked like the penny had finally dropped against Cardiff.  He set his standards in that game and fell way short today, as did most of our big players. The odd clever pass over 90 minutes can’t be classed as playing well. Bannan can’t be exempt from critique when he allows his standards to fall. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We're going down.

Last week was an aberration, as many believed.

It isn't enough for us to win by a goal and then lose by one the next match.

We have to win by five and then lose by three, just so that the feeling of disappointment is heightened.

The sooner this season is at an end, the better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Wildsmith error changed the game. Don't think we were that bad up to then but we played 10 yards too deep all game.

It was a deflection, no time to react. He'd got it covered until the defender got his head to it and slightly deflected it.

He's done reasonably well until that point, it went downhill from there but he had no cover from a leaky defence. We were pushing to get back into the game and left too many gaps. I'm not saying it was a good performance at all but we looked ok until their second.

S h i t happens when you are struggling.

Bannan had a good game again as did Windass, but there were too many players below par in the second half - Hutch, Wildsmith for starters.

One problem we have is that, when things start to go against us, as they did today in the second half, there’s no game changers or players that we can bring off the bench that can significantly impact the game or turn things round for us.

We were right to bring subs on in the second half, but their influence on the game was negligible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Really don’t understand the wrist slitting on here

a) That performance had more skill and guile in it from our team than was witnessed in about 90% of the games this season. 
b) It was poor defensively and especially weak goalkeeper wise. Even goal one - great cross and header but Joe had a shuffle across before diving for it. If Westwood wasn’t made of quavers he would be playing. 
c) Marginal calls for penalties and offsides went against us. 

d) The subs proved, if there was any doubt, that he picked the right 1stXI 
e) Last but not least, who is still thinking we can stay up? We have had a terrible season with the disadvantage of a six point deduction. Don’t do that to yourself! We have been down since golden boy Liam Shaw got himself sent off while we were dominating a game against relegation rivals Brum. Accept it bravely and don’t torture yourself that we will get 18 points from six games.

We are inconsistent - that’s why we are down there and it has cost us our status. That said - some of the one touch passing that I saw today has convinced me more than the win last week that Moore is imposing a style on the players at the club. He can begin to build that culture and launch HMS PTL when the crowds come home in the Autumn @£55 for POTG! 

Totally agree, thought we had a shape for first time all season and were a threat throughout, Windass especially was excellent until all the subs which didn’t really work. Defensive errors apart it was encouraging and for me Moore and his staff are making a difference. We’re down because of 3 seasons of decline and a bonkers chairman, not because of today’s game.

• Like 3

In reverse order of pooness:-

Bannan

Windass

Reach

Palmer

Borner

Lees

Rhodes

Paterson

Urhoghide

Hutchinson

Green

Joey

Wildsmith

Harris

Kachunga

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Really don’t understand the wrist slitting on here

a) That performance had more skill and guile in it from our team than was witnessed in about 90% of the games this season. 
b) It was poor defensively and especially weak goalkeeper wise. Even goal one - great cross and header but Joe had a shuffle across before diving for it. If Westwood wasn’t made of quavers he would be playing. 
c) Marginal calls for penalties and offsides went against us. 

d) The subs proved, if there was any doubt, that he picked the right 1stXI 
e) Last but not least, who is still thinking we can stay up? We have had a terrible season with the disadvantage of a six point deduction. Don’t do that to yourself! We have been down since golden boy Liam Shaw got himself sent off while we were dominating a game against relegation rivals Brum. Accept it bravely and don’t torture yourself that we will get 18 points from six games.

We are inconsistent - that’s why we are down there and it has cost us our status. That said - some of the one touch passing that I saw today has convinced me more than the win last week that Moore is imposing a style on the players at the club. He can begin to build that culture and launch HMS PTL when the crowds come home in the Autumn @£55 for POTG! 

Given that midfield and those defenders, strange surely that Shaw does not get picked though despite earlier indiscretion...good enough for Celtic but not for us

56 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Voted Pelepussy  -  needs sympathy vote - total 2 -  so somebody else - his mum? 

It was me a protest vote he was on least amount of time. None of the above would have got my vote, I then option was there.

4 minutes ago, ArthurTeaCake said:

Totally agree, thought we had a shape for first time all season and were a threat throughout, Windass especially was excellent until all the subs which didn’t really work. Defensive errors apart it was encouraging and for me Moore and his staff are making a difference. We’re down because of 3 seasons of decline and a bonkers chairman, not because of today’s game.

You ca. It say the change of managerial staff has worked after another catastrophic defeat..oh Yes we played well...look forward to the highlights to see it

Last week we only won because Cardiffs manager got the tactics wrong and we had luck on our side. Their long ball up front made it easy for our defence to defend. Palmers cross, Pattersons strike, most games this season the cross is poor and the finish is not on target.The last 10 minutes last week, Cardiff could have had a few. It was good to get a 5-0 win but this squad won't repeat that scoreline again this season. Wildsmith in goal, Reach never going past halfway, any team playing us only has to hit the full back areas with the ball and if the cross doesn't create a goal then the following corner will.

Well, that didn't go to plan fml.

Was in no way a 4-1 game for me, stats back this up just about.

A mixture of a very clinical QPR and plenty of self harming at the back from Wednesday.

I mean deflection or not comedy keeping by Wildsmith.

We move on, results around us went our way which is a bonus I guess.