• Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Kachunga
    • Green
    • Pelupessy

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very tough afternoon against an excellent qpr team who looked quick and dangerous throughout the match

Wildsmith - 5. Unlucky with second , couple of good saves, didn’t look comfortable all game

Palmer 7- very good first half , less effective in second

Borner 4. All over the place

Osaze 6. Linked with Palmer well in first half, ragged second half and rightly subbed

Lees 5. At sea, not helped by the erratic play of borner

Reach 7. Good assist, worked, ok defensively 

Hutchinson 3. Offered no protection, possession or any attacking momentum. Way off it

Bannan 6. Ran , tackled but squeezed out of the game 

Paterson 4. Couldn’t get into the game

Windass 7 . Excellent goal, ran all day , looked our only danger 

Rhodes 5. Struggled , worked hard, an off day

all subs . 3 out of 10. All awful .

Bannan 1 point better than Wildsmith wtf lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 0114 said:

But if he plays Westwood and he drops a clanger (which he has done this season) people will say how Wildsmith shouldn’t have been dropped as he had done nothing wrong. Can’t win can he?

Wildsmith has played poorly today and Westwood will rightly be in goal on Tuesday.

That's exactly why it would have been brave and decisive management, rather than waiting for an opportunity (like now) where it's an easier decision to make.

13 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Your missing my point. 

I think Westwood is the better keeper. I don’t think he’s as good as he once was, but he’s certainly better than other options, at least when he’s fit but that’s few and far between nowadays. 

But you can’t drop Wildsmith after the last game. He did nothing wrong. If we put Westwood back in, a keeper who has been injured and he has a bad game today. Then everyone will be on the managers case saying he shouldn’t have dropped Wildsmith. 

It’s easy with hindsight. 

Apart from the mad goalmouth scrambles caused by his fear of coming off his line

And literally no-one would be saying anything with hindsight if we’d have had Westwood in goal today 

Not the worst performance I’ve ever seen today.  Whilst the players must share some of the blame for our current position, I feel this management team might have kept us up given more time.  There are a number of Wednesday players (not all out of contract) that will draw interest from several Championship clubs over the summer, and can’t imagine we can afford to keep Bannan.  Chansiri, Monk and Pulis have really screwed us over, half decent management could and should have  resulted in Championship survival this season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Apart from the mad goalmouth scrambles caused by his fear of coming off his line

And literally no-one would be saying anything with hindsight if we’d have had Westwood in goal today 

They would had he played as poor as Wildsmith. 

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's exactly why it would have been brave and decisive management, rather than waiting for an opportunity (like now) where it's an easier decision to make.

“Joe I know you’ve played well the last 3/4 games and haven’t put a foot wrong, but I’m making a change just in case you make a mistake” 🥴 

Just now, 0114 said:

“Joe I know you’ve played well the last 3/4 games and haven’t put a foot wrong, but I’m making a change just in case you make a mistake” 🥴 

Not really fussed about Joe's feelings at this stage. More interested in putting the player on the pitch that's likely to perform better.

I'm sure JW knows KW is no1 when he's fit.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not really fussed about Joe's feelings at this stage. More interested in putting the player on the pitch that's likely to perform better.

I'm sure JW knows KW is no1 when he's fit.

Watford commentary team ripped him apart on good Friday. "One of best player's for Watford" "don't know which is his good foot, probably neither!"

If Westwood was fit should have started