• Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Kachunga
    • Green
    • Pelupessy

4 hours ago, prowl said:

It was a deflection, no time to react. He'd got it covered until the defender got his head to it and slightly deflected it.

He's done reasonably well until that point, it went downhill from there but he had no cover from a leaky defence. We were pushing to get back into the game and left too many gaps. I'm not saying it was a good performance at all but we looked ok until their second.

S h i t happens when you are struggling.

I agree in principle but if you compare the goalkeepers' performances, especially today, Dieng was coming for - and catching - crosses on the penalty spot in his goal area but Wildsmith, as is often the custom, was quaking with fear at anything in his six yard box. Wildsmith does not command his area as other keepers do.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, 0114 said:

Would have been wrong to drop Wildsmith after last match. Until today he hasn’t really at been at fault for anything.

You can't  be serious surely. He's been poor ever since he was made first choice when last season restarted in July.

He's started 28 games since then of which we've won 6 and conceded 44 goals. 

When was the last time you can honestly say he looked confident and had a good game. 

50 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Have a horrible feeling Moore will make quite a few changes against Swansea and put crap like Kachunga and Harris in the team. 

Hope not, Westwood in for Wildsmith and Pelupessy for Hutch would be the only changes I’d want to see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Have a horrible feeling Moore will make quite a few changes against Swansea and put crap like Kachunga and Harris in the team. 

Kachunga should be nowhere near the starting XI and Harris should only get a game if we've no other options. Wouldn't mind seeing Green get a few games under his belt but tbf to Reach he has played well these past few games.

9 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

You can't  be serious surely. He's been poor ever since he was made first choice when last season restarted in July.

He's started 28 games since then of which we've won 6 and conceded 44 goals. 

When was the last time you can honestly say he looked confident and had a good game. 

I’m certainly not disputing that Westwood is the better of the keepers when fit. I still don’t think he’s as good as he was but still the better one.

I’m saying that he can’t drop him after a 5-0 win where he did nothing wrong. Today Wildsmith had a shocker and Westwood should come back in now.

Easy after a heavy defeat to say what we should be doing before. 

12 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I agree in principle but if you compare the goalkeepers' performances, especially today, Dieng was coming for - and catching - crosses on the penalty spot in his goal area but Wildsmith, as is often the custom, was quaking with fear at anything in his six yard box. Wildsmith does not command his area as other keepers do.

I completely agree with you. He leaves a lot to be desired as a keeper, I'm never comfortable when he's playing. I was just making the point that the second goal wasn't a complete shambles. I certainly thought it was in real time but the replay showed it was deflected. If the keeper is set to keep the ball out and it is deflected to the other side his weight distribution is all wrong to adjust in the time he has. It looked dreadful but wasn't

I'm in agreement with those who say we need a complete change of keepers next year Westwood is still ok but unreliable, the other two just don't have it at L1 level. It may come in time but if we are building to get back to the Championship we need keepers who can inspire the defence not undermine it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Westwoods not gunna get tighter on the forward, Dykes was allowed too much space in our box

They say DM has made an impression but it's certainly not true on how the defence marks up. That was an unbelievably poor defensive performance. Balls into our central defence still cause great problems.

That game could have easily gone our way, but at the moment we need everybody to be on peak form to win, and any improvement has almost certainly come too late.

I'm happy Moore is here, though, and optimistic (but not blindly so) about next season.

22 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Wildsmith error changed the game. Don't think we were that bad up to then but we played 10 yards too deep all game.

Everyone who has played in defence at any level knows that if you don't have confidence in your keeper you defend totally differently. You defend deep. You try to cover all shots. I used to play RB and when we had our first choice keeper I'd know I could push up. As long as I could get back and stop the singer cutting in even if he got a shot off at the near post or even a few crosses it was very unlikely to lead to a goal, he'd save it or come for a cross.

When we had a keeper I didnt have confidence in id have to sit deep to ensure I tried to stop everything. 

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

Coaches say Wildsmith was not at fault for any of the goals. Experts on here say he was...

I’ll go with the coaches

Whole team was poor yesterday. They have no fight, no character and no clue

Which coaches have said this?