• Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Kachunga
    • Green
    • Pelupessy

1 minute ago, Spion Kop said:

Last week we only won because Cardiffs manager got the tactics wrong and we had luck on our side. Their long ball up front made it easy for our defence to defend. Palmers cross, Pattersons strike, most games this season the cross is poor and the finish is not on target.The last 10 minutes last week, Cardiff could have had a few. It was good to get a 5-0 win but this squad won't repeat that scoreline again this season. Wildsmith in goal, Reach never going past halfway, any team playing us only has to hit the full back areas with the ball and if the cross doesn't create a goal then the following corner will.

Some fair points I also feel it was clearly noticeable from the first whistle, that the intensity, tempo and workrate was significantly down against the Cardiff match. We pressed at half pace and as individuals instead of as a pack, we played at a tempo that allowed QPR to get into shape when we tore Cardiff apart. We put safe balls into areas instead of clinical passes to specific targets. This is not tactical it’s about poor player mentality. 

• Like 1

Our defence was shambolic.

Their first goal was an utter joke; two defenders vs one striker, a long ball into the box so plenty of time to get tight, and neither did.

The second was an unlucky deflection, but Wildsmith had to do better, and the scorer should have been closed down before he got the chance to hit it.

For the third, they won two consecutive headers in our six yard box.

On the plus side, we looked ok in midfield and going forward, although Rhodes missed his usual sitter and it looked like they should have had a player sent off for a deliberate handball to prevent a goal.

Down to ten men and we have a penalty, maybe a different game.

But our defence is poo .

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, talon said:

Our defence was shambolic.

Their first goal was an utter joke; two defenders vs one striker, a long ball into the box so plenty of time to get tight, and neither did.

The second was an unlucky deflection, but Wildsmith had to do better, and the scorer should have been closed down before he got the chance to hit it.

For the third, they won two consecutive headers in our six yard box.

On the plus side, we looked ok in midfield and going forward, although Rhodes missed his usual sitter and it looked like they should have had a player sent off for a deliberate handball to prevent a goal.

Down to ten men and we have a penalty, maybe a different game.

But our defence is poo .

Yes, Tom Faeces was bobbar.

turd.gif

12 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

So it shouldn't have counted. If we get relegated on a 1 goal GD then it would be important. Not likely. 

Really can’t get worked up about whether the 4th goal should have been ruled out when we are going down, probably by a margin of more than 6 points.  

• Like 1

What a nightmare. We were awful upfront and good defensively. Now we are rubbish defensively and Ok up front. 
I don’t feel we were thrashed today and 3-2 would have been fair (we were owed a pen for sure). 
No point firing Moore though. I like the way we are trying to play even if the players are a bit duff. 

• Like 3

We were amongst the favourites for relegation all season and played terrible football just hoping to pinch something in most of our matches

We have under DM started to play with a little more freedom and a little more entertaining. None of the recent managers except Bruce looked like they had the capability to keep us up.  We lacked the combination of ability and spirit to conjure up a great escape.

Moore needs to jettison those not comfortable with the ball at their feet (particular the ones that panic like Palmer and Lees) and try to find defenders who are more comfortable on the ball. It does not matter which player we use or bring in if we play a midfield two with Bannan in it, we will be overrun. If we can dominate teams with the ball and spend much less time defending we can afford to push BB further up field taking away some of the confusion he causes at the back.

Reach has the ability but not the application or battling required, Patterson works but has poor control as does Harris and ought to be let go if possible.

Pelupessy  and Kachunga should be released but we have not seen enough of Green. If we want to start over then add Westwood, Bannan and Hutchinson to the other names and bring in fresh faces on lower wages.

If we can keep Odubajo, Iorfa and get Luongo long term fit we have an extra three players who should have the ability for division 1 although Odubajo is out of Contract I think.

I hope Moore is allowed to wheel and deal rather have someone buying players for him and allow him the freedom to play how he wants.

Why do we let crosses into the box when we know our keeper won't  come off his line ? Very noticeable today the athleticism of the QPR  players looking so comfortable  as opposed to Lees, Borner, Palmer etc , time for a reboot methinks.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

In reverse order of pooness:-

Bannan

Windass

Reach

Palmer

Borner

Lees

Rhodes

Paterson

Urhoghide

Hutchinson

Green

Joey

Wildsmith

Harris

Kachunga

Generous for Paterson, unless it is purely on his ability to throw the ball, think he touched it more with his hands than his feet. 

5 hours ago, 0114 said:

Would have been wrong to drop Wildsmith after last match. Until today he hasn’t really at been at fault for anything.

It’s easy with hindsight to come out after and say “we should have done this” & “we should have done that”.

The reason we lost today wasn’t Joe Wildsmith. 

He certainly didn't help. Failed to move his feet for the first goal and having got back into the game once, which is a rarity in itself for us, conceding a 2nd goal like that was a crushing blow. 

You pick your best players if available. Not having a defined number 1 has partly caused the mess we have had with goalkeepers for the past 3 years and is why we are stuck with Wildsmith and Dawson for the foreseeable future.  

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Defence at sea from minute 1. We sat far too back. Wasn’t convinced by Urhoghide either, another who turns to jelly legs on the ball 

Osaze was awful today, looked nervous. Maybe saw it as something of an audition, weren't QPR supposed to be interested in signing him?

54 minutes ago, glynnb said:

Why do we let crosses into the box when we know our keeper won't  come off his line ? Very noticeable today the athleticism of the QPR  players looking so comfortable  as opposed to Lees, Borner, Palmer etc , time for a reboot methinks.

Crosses in to the box have been a problem for a while. Flint and Dunkley were supposed to solve the problem but of course our full backs allow too many crosses anyhow. 

We really, really need two more players back. 

Luongo and Dele Bashiru for the last 3/4 games - please take the option of having to put Kachunga and Harris on.

Subs should be Shaw, Dele Bashiru, Green, Pelupessy if were winning - leave it at that. Hopefully Moore has learnt his lesson on those who came on today. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

While I’m extremely annoyed at the result I honestly thought that we played quite well for most parts of the game. The passing today was better than at any point under that t0sser Monk and the useless dinosaur Pulis. 
We lost today for three reasons

1. defensively we were poor and we couldn’t get to grips with Dykes and Willock

2. we missed so many chances. We had DOUBLE the shots QPR had

3. we had a non league level keeper on the pitch. Leaving Westy on the bench was criminal 

Wildsmith 1 he’s not a keeper. He’s poo. End of discussion. I’m sick of trying to explain how technically poor he is. He was poor against Cardiff too but it got shoved under the carpet because of the result. Awful decision from Moore.

Palmer 7 he had a good game. Has really improved recently and started getting crosses in

Urhoghide 5 another who is overrated just like Shaw. He’s got pace but his positional sense is poor, he can’t clear a ball properly and he’s not great in possession 

Lees 5 got schooled by Dykes

Borner 6 as above but I liked how he got forward at times to support the attacks. Better on the ball than the other two

Reach 7.5 he had a good game. Up and down the flank, an assist and loads of times he was getting free. Final ball could be better

Hutchinson 5 not good today. Lost the battle completely. Id prefer him at cb in Osaze’s place but there is no reliable midfield replacement as ‘Tin Man’ Luongo is always injured.

Bannan 8 if you don’t understand what Barry brings to this team you’re a fool. Some amazing passing today.

Paterson 6 decent first half but very quiet in the second. Missed a good chance 

Windass 7.5 I thought he was excellent. He scored a brilliant goal and should have had another. Bags of energy too. Hope he stays in League 1.

Rhodes 5 was poor today. Back to the lad we’ve seen for the last 3 years

Kachunga 2 he’s soooooo poor. That miss says it all. Rhodes was poor today but we lost all kinds of momentum when this useless fit came on

Green 5 a winger with no position in this team. Why did he join?

Harris 3 his final ball is beyond shocking. I’ve defended him on here but even I’ve had enough now. He has to go in the summer regardless of which league we’re in.

Pelupessy 5

Moore/Smith 3 I like how we are trying to play football but starting Wonky Wildsmith and the subs means they got this wrong.

Just my take. Even my QPR supporting mate says we deserved at least a draw.