• Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Harris
    • Kachunga
    • Green
    • Pelupessy

5 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Just to start off by saying not good enough today and keeper had a mare for me.

BUT..

If you ever wanted to argue for VAR you would show Replays of games like that, the ref got every big decision wrong.

2x clear penalties in 2nd half 2nd of which is a straight red at 3-1 down.

Bad offside call against Palmer in first half which denied certain goal at 0-0

All three would have been other way with VAR

Giving a free kick because their keeper flapped the ball into his own net was a bad one as well, I know that for some reason you can’t fart near a keeper when challenging for the ball nowadays but he didn’t have it in two hands and it was there to be won.

The handball was hard to see in real time, but as you say it would’ve been a red card and penalty with VAR. Palmer’s penalty shout was the worst of the lot though, you could hear the connection their lad’s boot made on Liam’s and he clearly got nothing on the ball. That’s a foul anywhere else on the pitch. 

We played alright at times but didn’t really deserve anything from the match when you look back on it... getting one of those decisions would’ve changed the complexion of the game, but that’s just the way it goes when you’re struggling. Doesn’t make it any less frustrating though 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I guess you missed all the mad goalmouth scrambles caused by the fact he is scared shitless of coming off his line

Your missing my point. 

I think Westwood is the better keeper. I don’t think he’s as good as he once was, but he’s certainly better than other options, at least when he’s fit but that’s few and far between nowadays. 

But you can’t drop Wildsmith after the last game. He did nothing wrong. If we put Westwood back in, a keeper who has been injured and he has a bad game today. Then everyone will be on the managers case saying he shouldn’t have dropped Wildsmith. 

It’s easy with hindsight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shez owl said:

At least it’s entertaining 

If we go down losing games 3-2 I don't care, as long as we win a couple 4-2.

Sick of watching us trying to keep a clean sheet and nick a goal at the other end. It's never worked for us, and its not what people pay to watch.

• Like 1

False hope? 

Was obvious today was going to happen 

Only the  deluded think we are going to stay up 

Time to play the kids and build for the future 

Lees, Hutchinson, westwood, wildsmith, Harris, Kachunga, reach and Borner should never play for the club again and be told to stay at home 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Giving a free kick because their keeper flapped the ball into his own net was a bad one as well, I know that for some reason you can’t fart near a keeper when challenging for the ball nowadays but he didn’t have it in two hands and it was there to be won.

The handball was hard to see in real time, but as you say it would’ve been a red card and penalty with VAR. Palmer’s penalty shout was the worst of the lot though, you could hear the connection their lad’s boot made on Liam’s and he clearly got nothing on the ball. That’s a foul anywhere else on the pitch. 

We played alright at times but didn’t really deserve anything from the match when you look back on it... getting one of those decisions would’ve changed the complexion of the game, but that’s just the way it goes when you’re struggling. Doesn’t make it any less frustrating though 

It's fine margins at times, probably had more chances today that against Cardiff when scoring 5 and QPR had less chances that Cardiff did in that game, keeper not good enough should have stopped both the first 2 goals (especially 1st the 2nd debatable with deflection)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wasn’t it? They built us up with false hope after the last result and brought us straight down to earth with a performance that is so typical of this group of players.

I wish Sky Sports would stop peddling this myth that the players are ‘too good’ to go down. Load of rubbish. You know it too Garry Monk - you know they haven’t got the fight in them. 

We’re scrapping for our lives and that second half performance was a disgrace. Lack of concentration from Wildsmith and the rest of the defence. Hutchinson going through the motions in midfield. Rhodes not doing enough in front of goal. Only ones who take credit are Bannan, Reach and Windass - showed a bit of fight and guile. But it’s not enough when the defence struggles with the basics and the bench options wouldn’t look out of place in a Conference side. Individual mistakes costing us again. 

That’s us completely and utterly down. 

Reach stepped up last coupe of games - putting himself in the shop wondow now we're f00ked? 

Very tough afternoon against an excellent qpr team who looked quick and dangerous throughout the match

Wildsmith - 5. Unlucky with second , couple of good saves, didn’t look comfortable all game

Palmer 7- very good first half , less effective in second

Borner 4. All over the place

Osaze 6. Linked with Palmer well in first half, ragged second half and rightly subbed

Lees 5. At sea, not helped by the erratic play of borner

Reach 7. Good assist, worked, ok defensively 

Hutchinson 3. Offered no protection, possession or any attacking momentum. Way off it

Bannan 6. Ran , tackled but squeezed out of the game 

Paterson 4. Couldn’t get into the game

Windass 7 . Excellent goal, ran all day , looked our only danger 

Rhodes 5. Struggled , worked hard, an off day

all subs . 3 out of 10. All awful .