BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday under ANOTHER transfer embargo

Just now, room0035 said:

Not on Twitter never will be seem to be full of.........

We haven't filed our account for 2019/20 season Aka the 31 July 2020 its pretty straight forward really file the account get the embargo lifted. We only file the 31 July 2019 account a few weeks ago.

But if DC cannot be bother to adhere to any rules, then for me he should be prevented from being a company director.

Chill bro 

The accounts of football clubs including SWFC are relatively simple - or at least they ought to be relatively simple and nine months is more than enough time to prepare the stats. The issue that clubs are facing is the auditors going concern assessment. This is assessment is for 12 months period from the present date onwards. SWFC were so late filing 2019 that they just cleared that particular hurdle for the prior year and and should have taken the opportunity to have the July 2020  signed off at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Chill bro 

I am just sick of DC every single time we get something positive on the pitch DC does something to derail it.

We smash Cardiff and give ourselves a chance, the next day DC is unable to file company accounts within 9 months and gets the team placed under yet another embargo.

Presumably this will be the excuse why no players are signed and we start next season on the back foot again.

I am sorry but the bloke is a complete muppet and should not be in charge of a football club, its one thing after another.

• Like 2

Just now, room0035 said:

I am just sick of DC every single time we get something positive on the pitch DC does something to derail it.

We smash Cardiff and give ourselves a chance, the next day DC is unable to file company accounts within 9 months and gets the team placed under yet another embargo.

Presumably this will be the excuse why no players are signed and we start next season on the back foot again.

I am sorry but the bloke is a complete muppet and should not be in charge of a football club, its one thing after another.

Apparently we will be able to sign players, you need to do some research.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I do agree with Biggs on this

With Covid impacting on 1/3 of the season in question - FFP should have been set aside for the whole of 2019/20 & 2020/21

Its ridiculous that potentially ALL clubs will have sufficent losses to put them ALL in an embargo NEXT summer.

If every team gets a 6 point deduction though it doesn't really matter. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Completely agree. 

27 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I have no problem with clubs breaking the rules being punished accordingly, especially when it is us

In this case the veil of secrecy that hangs over this type of issue is  detrimental....as I say it's the way they operate, which in this case goes against government legislation has no transparency what so ever 

It's only detrimental to fans, blame the clubs.

The clubs are the EFL. The clubs choose to operate that way, does it actually go against government legislation? Why has it been allowed for so long?.

You seem to be getting slightly confused. It's not some us and them thing going on. We are as much as a problem and part of this as every other club in the EFL.

They operate, how the member clubs decide.

If it was an independent body and tbh I'd rather it was, then you might have a point, as it's not, it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

It's only detrimental to fans, blame the clubs.

The clubs are the EFL. The clubs choose to operate that way, does it actually go against government legislation? Why has it been allowed for so long?.

You seem to be getting slightly confused. It's not some us and them thing going on. We are as much as a problem and part of this as every other club in the EFL.

They operate, how the member clubs decide.

If it was an independent body and tbh I'd rather it was, then you might have a point, as it's not, it is what it is.

Yes it is detrimental to the fans when stories like this pop in the mail of all places, as fans we are the ones who have the most emotional investment and yes it is largely the doing of clubs

It's a good question to ask why this is only coming to light now and so many clubs are falling foul of this....makes you wonder if a pandemic might be an issue

Not confused at all, it's just that we don't see much evidence of the EFL supporting clubs in difficulty.... again little or no communication. Actually we, along with Derby, are probably more of the problem

Glad you are sure that they operate in the way that the clubs decide....

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Yes it is detrimental to the fans when stories like this pop in the mail of all places, as fans we are the ones who have the most emotional investment and yes it is largely the doing of clubs

It's a good question to ask why this is only coming to light now and so many clubs are falling foul of this....makes you wonder if a pandemic might be an issue

Not confused at all, it's just that we don't see much evidence of the EFL supporting clubs in difficulty.... again little or no communication. Actually we, along with Derby, are probably more of the problem

Glad you are sure that they operate in the way that the clubs decide....

The EFL arnt there to support clubs in difficultly, they are a regulatory body, to ensure the rules are followed.

I'm surprised the pandemic, hasn't driven many clubs to the wall. 

7 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:
  • Ten Championship clubs have been placed under a transfer embargo 
  • Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff City are three of the teams in question 
  • Some clubs are believed to be taking the penalty early ahead of the summer
  • An unnamed official warned that the pandemic will impact sales of players 

The clubs in question were Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Luton Town, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke City.

All of those clubs on the list were approached for comment. No responses were forthcoming.

Of those, it is understood that Huddersfield have now come off the list, while Stoke are expected soon to follow suit, with both clubs being hit with the penalty thanks to administrative — rather than financial — issues.

However, the shocking size of the group has illustrated the strain clubs are under, thanks in some cases to overspending.

On Tuesday Coventry issued a statement confirming the transfer embargo, while explaining they had take a Government option to file company accounts with a three month delay.

The transfer window does not reopen until the summer. Some believe clubs are taking the penalty now hoping that they will be in a position to trade their way out of embargo when it reopens.

‘In the January window, with a couple of exceptions, it was mainly loans. While top players may move, Championship clubs will do well to get decent money for the players they’re already looking at selling.’

Can’t see it posted anywhere so apologies if I’ve missed that but it looks like we are under another embargo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9438517/amp/Championship-facing-financial-armageddon-TEN-clubs-placed-transfer-embargo-month.html?__twitter_impression=true

The transfer window does not reopen until the summer. Some believe clubs are taking the penalty now hoping that they will be in a position to trade their way out of embargo when it reopens.

Wednesday trading there way out of it, that i have to see. No players of any worth as such, half the squad out of contract as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Manwë said:

I'm not saying it was obvious, but it was obvious.

This club has failed to tell us in the past that we were under an embargo, it's no surprise we weren't informed again.  The only difference is the signs are now easy to spot.

It all comes back to one man and his fizzed up running of the club.  Step forward, Mr Chansiri. 

... and the 9 other owners in the same boat. 3 of which have copped for an embargo despite receiving parachute payments. Consider also that Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea have potentially avoided embargo’s due to receiving parachute payments. I’m no fan of DC. I want him to leave and hand the club on. However, when 12 of 24 teams are under scrutiny by the EFL we must also consider the impact of CoVid and the well intentioned but terribly conceived FFP, P&S and parachute payments. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Quite a bit incorrect there, for start the 9 month's doesn't end until 30 April.

Also likely were in the embargo before the Cardiff game like the other 9 clubs.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The EFL arnt there to support clubs in difficultly, they are a regulatory body, to ensure the rules are followed.

I'm surprised the pandemic, hasn't driven many clubs to the wall. 

So they would be happy to see 40 clubs go to the wall as long as the rules are followed. That wouldn't leave them many clubs for next season

I could have sworn it was their idea for a certain club who was in difficulty to sell their ground to the owner... probably considered by many as support

42 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Wednesday trading there way out of it, that i have to see. No players of any worth as such, half the squad out of contract as well.

From what I can tell we don't have to "Trade our way out of it " just file our accounts to have it lifted .

We aren't under an embargo because of FFP this time just late accounts 

• Like 4