BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday under ANOTHER transfer embargo

The whole point of rules around spending is to make the competition more equal but the current rules just don’t seem to be working at all. If 10 clubs are under an embargo then that is frankly ridiculous. EFL should be embarrassed really. 

15 minutes ago, madfan said:

The EFL STRIKES AGAIN. Do they have any idea what damage these Draconian sanctions course , and do they even care.

Why don't  they go after the perpetrators / rule breakers. ? 

Would you expect a family member to be penalised for your wrong doing ?

Are they so devoid of ideas that they need to penalise the fan base and the players for something they have no control over. ? 

We have seen this happen time and time again, do they have any imagination ? Time they had a major re think.

OH NO, ALL THESE CLUBS WITH A TRANSFER EMBARGO DURING A PERIOD YOU CAN'T SIGN PLAYERS, IT'S AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU

It really sounds like this is all just a technicality, and any club that submits their accounts on time this year will have the embargo lifted well before the transfer window reopens in a couple of months. Which is what a lot of clubs on this list have said already.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

OH NO, ALL THESE CLUBS WITH A TRANSFER EMBARGO DURING A PERIOD YOU CAN'T SIGN PLAYERS, IT'S AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU

It really sounds like this is all just a technicality, and any club that submits their accounts on time this year will have the embargo lifted well before the transfer window reopens in a couple of months. Which is what a lot of clubs on this list have said already.

I don't blame fans presuming the worst when we have a history of multiple embargo's that were NEVER revealed to fans at all. 

I'm not bothered in the slightest by this latest situation

The sun is out

We spanked Cardiff 5-0 yesterday

Lockdown is liffting

This situation is just a glitch affecting 10 clubs and not just us

Nothing is going to spoil my day

Get out in the sunshine everyone and put a smile on your faces ♥️

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I don't blame fans presuming the worst when we have a history of multiple embargo's that were NEVER revealed to fans at all. 

Well, neither do I... but that's not the EFL's fault is more my point.

We have an embargo on a technicality, big whoop, I have zero concern because we should get out of it providing we maintain best practice. Any anger towards the EFL due to fear that we won't get out of it is misplaced... (as per)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The mad thing is that the EFL are refusing to confirm or comment as it never comments on which clubs it puts under embargo (which is a total nonsense), and the clubs involved are refusing to comment too

So you have 10 clubs under a secret embargo and nobody is saying anything

lol

Crackers

It's absolutely ridiculous. 

The game, so we are told, is about the fans. The EFL out these rules in place and punish clubs - we as fans should at least know why we are under sanction. 

Sadly I don't expect the club to be transparent, which is probably just as bad but as rule makers in this instance they should tell the supporters why they have taken action against clubs.

We don't even know when the sanctions were applied, how long they last for? What is the point of a transfer embargo at a time when clubs can't make transfers anyway? 

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If I was being kind I think they are just trying to get all clubs to submit their accounts so they have a full view of how deep the sh*t that all clubs are in

Shows the contempt that they have for the clubs who have taken advantage of the 3 month extension from the government and presumably will have the costs of reworking accounts to meet this deadline

6 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

The whole system is broken.

Apparently Stoke are about to publish their 2020 accounts which will show an £85 MIlLLION pound Loss.  

How can that be with FFP when we were derided for posting losses of two thirds that amount over 3 years.

It's a broken system 

Christ what will that mean for Stoke ? 

Could be a bad year for them next season.

Its all down to submitting late accounts,  shows how many clubs are having problems, all down to covid. EFL should be more helpful not this heavy handed. Says embargo will be lifted by the time summer transfer period starts so will be ok. Cannot see why they imposed this at this time of year, its after the deadline so clubs unlikely to sign anyone

33 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

The whole point of rules around spending is to make the competition more equal but the current rules just don’t seem to be working at all. If 10 clubs are under an embargo then that is frankly ridiculous. EFL should be embarrassed really. 

Think the point of the rules was to try to stop clubs getting into severe financial difficulties like Portsmouth.

Also I think HMRC wasn't too pleased when Leeds when into administration owning something like £6m to the Taxman which they had to write off so they put pressure on the Football authorities to get its house in order a bit. Been several clubs who have gone into admin owning the Taxman (you and me) before the as well.

Whether these rules achieve what they set out to do is of course a matter of opinion. 

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Doesn't make sense can't be same issue as Coventry.

Their accounts year is 31 may and would technically have had to file by 28 February.  So we're late but have applied the 3 month government extension so not late with companies House until 31 may.

Our year end is 31 July and accounts not due for nearly another month.

When are the company accounts due?

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

it looks according to this like we didnt submit the required accounts forecast by the required date.

Puts your previous posts in this thread into context then.