BREAKING - Sheffield Wednesday under ANOTHER transfer embargo

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So they would be happy to see 40 clubs go to the wall as long as the rules are followed. That wouldn't leave them many clubs for next season

I could have sworn it was their idea for a certain club who was in difficulty to sell their ground to the owner... probably considered by many as support

Clubs can and will always be replaced. We've seen that. This thing is kind of a freak event. 

As for the ground thing if you can find it I'd happily take a read.

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Clubs can and will always be replaced. We've seen that. This thing is kind of a freak event. 

As for the ground thing if you can find it I'd happily take a read.

So for clarity you want the P&S rules (and all other rules) fully enforced for this season when clubs have no income and if the majority go to the wall....meh... they will be replaced without damaging the league structure and that is not of any concern to you

With regards to the ground thing..... you may find several hundred pages relating to it on here....if you are expecting the transcript of the conversation, unfortunately I don't have that

10 clubs, out of 24.  That’s ridiculous. Things like this make me think a break away Premier League 2 is ever more likely.  Almost half of the league under embargo, making almost half of the league unhappy with their governing body. If the EFL agent careful, they’ll force the hand of sides they’ve p’d off.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

10 clubs, out of 24.  That’s ridiculous. Things like this make me think a break away Premier League 2 is ever more likely.  Almost half of the league under embargo, making almost half of the league unhappy with their governing body. If the EFL agent careful, they’ll force the hand of sides they’ve p’d off.

And the other half in reciept of "parachute payments" !  Not strictly true I know but only one of the ten (Stoke) have parachute payments.   The whole system is absurd, Leeds last year and Wolves and QPR have broken the the bank but escape.  The system is clearly not working, Rooney is being paid by an outside source, how is that fair ?

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

The government gave everyone an extra 3 months to file their accounts because of covid, but the football league aren't interested in that.

They didnt

We werent eligible for it

Guest whowantstoberich
8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Who cares?

Isn't this our 4th embargo for financial irregularities? And you 'don't care'??

No it isnt for 'financial irregularities' it is has already been pointed out a result of 'over policing'.

Guest Grandad
20 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

No it isnt for 'financial irregularities' it is has already been pointed out a result of 'over policing'.

Thats what the newspaper article said at the time I posted it.

The article has been edited frequently during the day as more and more clubs made statements about this

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The mad thing is that the EFL are refusing to confirm or comment as it never comments on which clubs it puts under embargo (which is a total nonsense), and the clubs involved are refusing to comment too

So you have 10 clubs under a secret embargo and nobody is saying anything

lol

Crackers

EFL not an impressive body and has inflexible rules deterring ambition,  cold blooded, secretive  and with one size fits all, rules whereas the EFL could be providing an active role in monitoring clubs and issuing warnings when reckless spending happens in relation to crowd size and attractiveness to TV companies.  Meanwhile parachute payments fund the clubs coming down from the Prem giving them an enormous advantage. 

We may have overspent but you could argue one reason why we did not get promoted years ago was because,  as Carlos revealed,  we would not be buying a £10M  player. We needed a good striker to play with FF and an influential  midfielder to provide the ammunition. Partly because of the rules, we did not acquire real quality where it counted.  

We hired too many expensive players , heading over the hill and paid them a fortune to attract them, as well as many loanees, rather than a smaller number of better players,  and finished up spending even more in the end.

Many of the players recruited after the play off final fell into this category.

Guest Grandad
34 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

That article is wrong anyway - as the embargo was for failing to submit the accounts/forecast to the EFL - not to Companies House.

Lutons accounts aren't even due at Companies House yet

image.png.8064988178bb65076d07a2ef4201a50e.png

Guest whowantstoberich

This must be the only industry in the world, where you aren't allowed to invest to make the club better due to a nonsense organisation over policing.

If I am a chairman and I see fit to invest £100mil into my club this year then who are them buffoons to stop me investing my money as i know the value of it will increase with a good business plan? lobbers lot of them

Guest whowantstoberich

ADD to above post : and if it doesn't go to plan, and i lose my money. SO WHAT, that's life and business. The only thing they need to ensure is that only I lose my money but the club doesn't go bust.

Why wont they just do that, what is there reasoning?

(wouldnt let me edit and add).

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

This must be the only industry in the world, where you aren't allowed to invest to make the club better due to a nonsense organisation over policing.

If I am a chairman and I see fit to invest £100mil into my club this year then who are them buffoons to stop me investing my money as i know the value of it will increase with a good business plan? lobbers lot of them

In theory, it was meant to stop clubs going to the wall...but then it seems to me the rules are just as likely to lead to a club going to the wall - points deductions, embargoes, relegation etc.

Whole thing is a bit of a mess, but then I'd assume we along with the others happily signed up to the thing.

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
Just now, SiJ said:

In theory, it was meant to stop clubs going to the wall...but then it seems to me the rules are just as likely to lead to a club going to the wall - points deductions, embargoes, relegation etc.

Whole thing is a bit of a mess, but then I'd assume we along with the others happily signed up to the thing.

Its clearly to stop clubs catching the big clubs in the prem. If it was to protect clubs they would just find a solution to allow board investment without risk to the club.

3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Nothing stopping anyone investing £100m or any other amount. What they are not allowed to do is generate losses which exceed the agreed limits.

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

That was the case for many many years - and yet in the 20 years from 1990 til FFP's introduction in 2020 - there were 50 administrations (some clubs doing it more than once).

And with every administration there is a huge knock on effect as local businesses, charities, pension funds of club staff are all victims

In the 10 years since then there has been just 12.