Cardiff Want Rhodes/Chansiri Scares Off New Bosses

26 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Having Rhodes in your squad on 1/3 of the wages hes on now wouldnt be a bad thing. 

Id take that over having a Kachunga for example. But I dont think he can have a side built around him anymore thats for sure. 

Cardiff under McCarthy, with Moore up front along side him? That's probably what he needs in a side tbf.

It’s not about building your side around your strikers, it’s about playing to their strength. 

• Like 1

If Chansiri has appointed someone like Cook at the start of January the we wouldn’t by sat 2nd bottom

An 18 month deal should have been on the table to any incoming manager with a bonus payment for keeping us up but if we were to go down that would mean a reduction in salary 

I really don’t know what Chansiri has been fecking about at

• Like 3

Maybe if chansiri had listened to someone with half a clue he wouldn't have to fear the financial cost of relegation. Hell, if he'd listened to some of the posts on here over the years he wouldn't have been in a worse position. Whoever is advising him isn't doing a great job on the face of it. Of course, he doesn't have to follow any advice, he could do it all himself. Either way we are going down and he's gonna lose money. It'll hurt him, but going down will hurt us fans more. We've done nothing wrong yet will probably be blamed anyway. It's chansiri and paxos fault 100% but that won't be the message in the local press. 

Chansiri really is so stupid. Worried about losing money if we go down to league one? Then why not get a manager in that will give us a decent chance of avoiding that or even bring a couple of decent players in during the transfer window back in January. What a shocking business man he is. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, striker said:

Just wait until he sees the ticket revenue when fans don't want to pay to watch dogshit.

I can’t wait to see him slagging off the fans for not wanting to pay £30 on the kop to watch our first round Papa Johns Trophy match against Burnley U23’s.:Chansiri:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good luck to him if he goes. 

Shocking business yet again from this club, the way we treated him has been shocking never had a fair run of games but has actually proven what he can do when given a chance. 

Yeah maybe we paid over the odds for him but at least if he had a run of games then potentially could have could paid some of that back. The club should have clocked onto the fact that he wasn’t being given a chance so should have tried to sell him 2 or 3 years ago yet he’s just another example of a high earner who the club have let him run his contract down and won’t get anything for him. 

Probably the signing that has summed of the chansiri era. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

It’s not about building your side around your strikers, it’s about playing to their strength. 

Yep.

All too often in the last few seasons, we've failed to do this consistently.

Look at Windass, for example: last time out against Birmingham, we just launched long, aimless balls forward for him to chase and funnily enough, he struggled. In yesterday's first half, we played targeted throughballs down the side of the centrebacks, which led to one of his goals and probably should have led to another.

Or Rhodes: we provided early crosses into the box against Wycombe and he looked a threat, then against Stoke and Brentford we reverted to the long punts straight up the pitch and unsurprisingly he didn't have the same impact.

I think in recent seasons, Fletcher might be the only striker we've actually got the best out of on anything like a consistent basis.

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

If Chansiri has appointed someone like Cook at the start of January the we wouldn’t by sat 2nd bottom

An 18 month deal should have been on the table to any incoming manager with a bonus payment for keeping us up but if we were to go down that would mean a reduction in salary 

I really don’t know what Chansiri has been fecking about at

You might be right but not if Cook only had the current squad to work with. It just isn't good enough.

Too many managers here for short periods all trying to do different things. It's led to a squad that doesn't fit any system. No left back who is competent. No leader of the attack. Wingers as wing backs. Unbalanced midfield Patched up defence.

But the most important over riding reason that created this situation is the disfunctional owner.

• Like 1

The chance of Rhodes staying at the end of his contract is of course zero. Why would he stay? I don’t think he’ll be a raging success elsewhere but I’m sure he will be better when played with a target man. 
As to the manager thing I can see that someone currently sat at home doing nowt could take the roll on three months. It’s a free hit. We are almost certain to go down so taking us down won’t decrease their reputation. If someone worked a miracle they would be able to get another gig elsewhere if we then didn’t keep them on. It won’t be anyone brilliant but someone would take it.

Main thing is I don’t think Chansiri will bother. I don’t think he’s going to spend the cash. For no particular reason I’m expecting a senior player to be given a shot. Probably Hutchinson. It happens quite a lot where players take over. That’s how Monk got into the manager game. I’m not saying it will be good but I just think any change will be from within the exist staff and there nowhere else to go. 

So he wants someone to come in until the end of the season and then what? 

He doesn't want a long term manager in case we get relegated?! 

It doesn't even make sense. We are probably going to go down anyway, so the financial implications are coming either way.

Or is it that he has someone he wants to appoint in the summer who isn't currently available...