Cardiff Want Rhodes/Chansiri Scares Off New Bosses

28 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Just looked at the Wolves team of 2012-13 which had back to back relegations and I don’t think any of those cost £10m. 

There aren’t many transfers outside the PL that are £10m+, so it would have to

be a team that had double relegations and the player was signed in the PL, and probably the last decade too as before that transfer fees didn’t tend to be that high outside the big clubs.

So if Sunderland and Wolves don’t break it I think Rhodes probably would be 

Yes I can’t think of any others.

another unwelcome record !

5 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

You just know he will leave and start banging em in don't you.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that in all the time he’s been at Wednesday. Looked good in L1 but his scoring rate in the Championship has steadily declined as standards have improved.

• Like 1

Pearson has been told by Bristol City to just keep them in the league, anything else is a bonus.

So there clearly were managers willing to take on relegation threatened clubs over a short term.

Also, Pulis took the job ffs! If the reports from Nixon were true at the time he’s only been paid up until the end of the season too. So he effectively took us on until the end of the season.

Our lack of manager has next to nothing to do with shortness of contract. It’s that we’re shopping in a market where managers clearly want long term contracts. Again an example of p*ss poor strategy by DC and his ‘advisors’. Like trying to buy a house that’s not for sale. 

The short term thinking by Chansiri is nothing new. Apart from ticketing schemes I can’t think of anything he has done with a long term view in place. I just don’t think he has that type of strategic thinking. What makes this odd though is I would have thought he would have invested short term to keep us in the division. He seems reluctant to put anything in place that takes us past the Summer. So he’s either struggling for cash or he’s selling up. Let’s hope it’s the latter!

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet play him up front with a player like Paterson, get wingers to cross the ball into him that he can run onto and he scored goals just fine

He's got 3 goals in 25 appearances this season.

In fact since 2015 he's scored 28 goals in 140 appearances, at 3 different clubs. 

3 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

If another company offered you more wages and the company you currently work for said "yeah, we are happy that you leave" ,would you say "No, I'll stay here where I'm not wanted on less money".

Then when you get to your new job, most of the 'tools' that you use to do the job are taken away and replaced with broken ones. But you are still expected to do a better job than before. 

Does that seem fair?

If we play to his strengths he will score.

If we had Messi, our 'creators of chances' would be putting in floaty balls for Messi to out jump centre backs and be expected to score headers. 

Every time Rhodes plays he is expected to score or he is dropped, yet the service he gets is diabolical. 

Only a club run like ours, makes a record signing, then says "right, all that stuff you've been doing right over the years and getting results, we now want you to do it this way instead because it accommodates our weaker assets".

Madness.

If I moved job for more money I would at the very least have to look interested. In my opinion Jordan Rhodes looks like he is going through the motions 95% of time I have seen him.

I dont if it's been mentioned before though he is a super nice chap who has his photo took with fans & signs autographs so that's ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that in all the time he’s been at Wednesday. Looked good in L1 but his scoring rate in the Championship has steadily declined as standards have improved.

He'd have got better service at Faulty Towers.

Strikers like Rhodes need crosses putting into the box not a long hump forward from goalkeepers and supposed ball playing midfielders.

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
7 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

You just know he will leave and start banging em in don't you.

No?

He was finished as a player at this level a long time ago. I assure you if it was just a case that we “weren’t playing him right” like a few of our fans think, another club would have happily paid a fortune for him by now.

I understand why the chairman is only looking a manager till the end of season. For me i give the next manager a year contract. Look at jos lukai, and tony pulis and monk,  cant get over the big nose dive our club has taken with them appointments. The poor whoer has lost money for himself and the club appointing them. As everyone is saying he cant run the club well, i can see that. 1's saying they would have milan mandric back cause he cared for the club. I do think chansri does. he has just made a lot of bad mistakes. Alot. Maybe he should sell if he cant get someone to lift the club of its knees. Its very hard to run a football club. But look at man city the were down in league 1 not that long ago. We can hopefully get back to the promised land. So hopefully he will get someone to get this club back to where we belong. It took sir alex along time to get utd to the dizzy heights. Jurgan klopp took him 5yrs to win a trophy for Liverpool. Now they not going good. The only thing is them teams had money. Its hard running football clubs. But the owls will be back hopefully soon uto🙏💪💪

57 minutes ago, 0742 said:

He's got 3 goals in 25 appearances this season.

In fact since 2015 he's scored 28 goals in 140 appearances, at 3 different clubs. 

Yet play him up front with a player like Paterson, get wingers to cross the ball into him that he can run onto and he scored goals just fine

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That must be where Middlesborough went wrong, only having Downing and Adomah firing balls in, they needed a League one player up front alongside Rhodes to get him firing.

lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Question for everyone as I genuinely don’t know.

If we do go down , would Jordan Rhodes be the most expensive signing in English history to be relegated to league 1?

I am trying to think of a club and player who would beat it. I think Rodwell at Sunderland was 9 million so Rhodes is more expensive 

Didier NDong cost Sunderland over £13M. They didn't manage to get rid of him until after he failed to return for pre-season training following relegation to League One, eventually terminating his contract later that season.