The Chansiri Thread

1 hour ago, Maxine said:

I thought he said he'd go if fans ever wanted him gone. 

He said as soon as the fans wanted him gone he would leave ...obviously he has to sell us but he could openly tell everyone that swfc is up for sale - at a market value for a struggling L1 bound club with no assets or players.

£1

I'm mostly going to focus on the issues of this season.

I was never a huge fan of Monk however he assembled a capable backroom team in the Summer. He should therefore have been given at least until Christmas given we invested in a backroom team and the playing staff he wanted.

Chansiri pulled the trigger and replaced him with Pulis who was ill prepared for the job (understatement of the century). Didn't seem to understand the playing personnel we had, his trusted backroom team were not available and it all seemed a little 'rushed' with the Owner out of the country (Pandemic obviously). How changing management and bringing in someone who hadn't done any due diligence was going to help is beyond me. 

Following the sacking of Pulis he dithered with whether to appoint a new manager and allegedly had two lists of candidates, interviewed a bunch and appointed none as Thompson was doing a decent job. Unfortunately we didn't recruit a striker or a couple of creative wingers (wing backs) and we are stuck with what we have until the end of the season.

His indecision, arrogance and lack of understanding of the severity of League One football has us in this mess. Let's remember this bloke is out of the country most of the time and wants to be the primary decision maker. How a business can run effectively without a CEO on the ground with changing manager 3/4 times is beyond me.

We are in a real mess and whether we survive or not this season I cannot see next season being any better.

• Like 4

We are worth less now than when he bought us.  Although there is nothing to suggest he can turn us around financially and recoup his investment I think he will gamble until there is absolutely nothing left.

Our remaining value is a lot less than what he has spent and he is a compulsive gambler anyway in my opinion.  So he'll carry on until we are bust.

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
41 minutes ago, morganowl said:

dont agree there have been many many clubs where owners have wrecked clubs many community based this should under no circumstances be allowed . chansiri is not fit to run a football club ,allowing anybody to take football clubs over and totally wreck there futures isnt on . the efl should have rules to stop clubs from been put in total jeopardy how that would work i dont know , but now there is a serious risk we wont have a club left. 

I presume you held the same view in 15/16 when we signed Bannan, Hooper and Forestieri and you booking your Wembley tickets or did you still think the EFL should have blocked his takeover then as well?

4 minutes ago, wmb said:

He is strangling the life out of the club day by day. It just feels like a total lack of respect for his own position. The list of his mishaps and general incompetence is endless.

• He has got no idea (or doesn't care) about the club's values and traditions.
  • He doesn't understand the game he has invested in. He's played with fire RE FFP and has got burnt.
  • He doesn't learn from his mistakes and to be honest it doesn't look like he even acknowledges that he's made any!
  • The succession of poor managerial appointments.
  • The lack of ability to tie our best young players down to decent contracts.
  • The lack of sense to recognize what is and isn't a good deal for a player.
  • The ridiculous ticket prices and crazy schemes.
  • The kit fiasco and the lack of a sponsor during his tenure.
  • Paixao and the other cronies having such a toxic influence on recruitment.
  • Player wages being delayed.
  • Alienating club legends.
  • The sale of the ground.
  • Blaming the fans.

There's more but I'm bored of typing it out. I'm actually disgusted with the way he is treating the club I love. The worst part about it all, there is very little we can do about it at the moment. Even if we do protest etc I genuinely don't think he would care. 

Top post ! 

He’s not and never has been a businessman.

He runs the club like a hobby, see’s fans as an inconvenience.

Plastering your own name all over the ground & kit, it’s like some spoilt child writing his name all over his toys.

I think I’d be physically sick if he said that he’s no intention of selling up during his next rant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

This isn’t the bleedin EFL’s fault.

We couldn’t believe our luck when he first arrived and for the following 18 - 24 months. We’d have hit the roof if they’d have refuse his takeover based on him being a total inexperienced loon, regarding anything football wise. 

The blame lies solely with DC and his “advisors”.

I think that's true 

At first sight I was loving it, a good family guy with squillions saying the right stuff. I was still thankful the deal MM stitched us up with Mammadov fell through. so yes I'd been furious if the EFL blocked the deal.

11 hours ago, morganowl said:

The efl are a bunch of b@@tards how many clubs have been ruined by currupt owners? The list is endless. Blackpool bury hull  wigan coventry portsmouth sunderland charlton just to mention a few . Clubs crushed by efl letting complete lobbers take over clubs. 

Why are the EFL B@@tards ?

They can only do so many checks.

Like when you apply for a credit card the credit card company will do checks, if you pass the checks you get a card, but people still default on them and go bankrupt.

When DC came 99.9% of us were over the moon(See the York Video) bowing, having pictures taken with him, putting banners up at the back of the kop, giving it large to Utd fans.

And for a few seasons when he was splashing the cash, buying a new Scoreboard and new pitch we were all still happy even though he had increased ticket prices, and to be fair we came close.

Now the money appears to have run out its the EFL fault.

There is only one person to blame and that is DC, he has spent more than enough money to get us promoted he just wasted it on bad managers and players. He could have in my view got us promoted on a fraction of the cost if had hired someone like Warnock.

Just think of this he has spent an awful lot of money on Wednesday money he is unlikely to get back, none of the other 'bad' owners being quoted have spent as much on their clubs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

People that say this surely don't get it. 

Chansiri will not listen to anyone. He won't accept any advice. It's his way or no way. He will never get rid of Paixao or else he would have gone by now. How many key and senior staff have left under him? They've all left silently and on negative terms. Silence from the club every time. Chansiri needs to sell the club and leave or else he will take us down to the depths. The process of mismanagement at every level of the club has been going on for years. This isn't a snap decision overnight. He has been given years to prove to the fans that he can listen, change his ways, accept help, create a plan, create a structure, learn how to manage the club financially without breaking the rules. He failed. He is failing. We are going all the way down with him. 

Absolutely spot on. 

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

Penny for Chansiri’s thoughts right now. His procrastination suggests to me he’s thrown in the towel. But relegation will make it even more difficult to part ways. Got himself in a pickle.

I remember a poster previously said that a sale had been agreed and just the terms depend on what league we will be in at end of the season.  It makes sense that the lack of activity in January with players and the lack of hiring a manager  may be down to Chansiri agreeing to sell. But then what owners are happy to take over a club that is heading for league 1, is a bit bizarre. 

Edited by Owls-Fan

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Penny for Chansiri’s thoughts right now. His procrastination suggests to me he’s thrown in the towel. But relegation will make it even more difficult to part ways. Got himself in a pickle.

The more I think about this the more I think he's done and is selling up. Nothing spent in Jan when everyone could see we were utterly desperate for new players. No new manager. He's either absolutely mental or he's not putting another penny in the club because he'll be off soon. 

9 minutes ago, Green Calx said:

The more I think about this the more I think he's done and is selling up. Nothing spent in Jan when everyone could see we were utterly desperate for new players. No new manager. He's either absolutely mental or he's not putting another penny in the club because he'll be off soon. 

I personally think he’s ran out of money and he no longer cares.

The Chansiri saga has a few more chapters to play out yet in my opinion. 

• Like 5