Wednesday - V - Birmingham OMDT

1 hour ago, Animis said:

I was thinking about today in non-Covid world. The excitement and anticipation of the going to the game.

Imagine they'd be 25/26K at the game with a couple of thousand from brum - would be a great atmosphere; nervous but great.

Think we’d do well to get that attendance, be struggling to get 20k of us with how the club & team is.

• Like 1

A win is really needed if we are to stay up. This has got to be our best chance for 3 points in the rest of the season.

Losing would be a complete disaster. We could come back from it but morale would be dreadful.

A draw is the minimum. Not good because we will lose ground on the other clubs in this dogfight but at least it keeps Brum beneath us. Our big danger is they get rid of their manager and get one who can get them back to winning ways even for a few games.

I'm worried because I really don't know which Wednesday team will turn up, the one that looks like it has a clue or their identical twins who don't know what a football is.

A fixture more frightening than the cybermen....got to find summat to do this afternoon to distract me from ‘hiding-behind-cushion-biting-nails-to-the-quick syndrome’. 
Also worried by Snooty alluding to concrete cancer affecting the North Stand...talk about sowing seeds of doubt😫

A team that is struggling to score, can’t win, a demotivated team & a manager who knows he’s as good as gone already. A team who is only just getting used to the realisation that they are in the relegation zone & what that could mean! 

Against a team who can’t stop winning games & keeping clean sheets at home, a positive dressing room, who’s captain & leader has just committed his future. A team who have spent the whole season near the bottom of the league & know full well what is needed today & how to do it. 

If you haven’t already, lump everything on & relax, enjoy the match 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

May sound mad but I honestly feel if we lose today it will be the game we look back on that will send us down. So important we win today. 

That’s how I feel. This is a very important game today. If we win, we stand a good chance. Lose and it really doesn’t look good for us. 

Painting the living room with Wednesday on the radio today, last time I did that I dropped the paint pot when a last minute accumulator came in. 

Today's winnings could be a grand, Coventry getting me off to a good start at the moment. They've looked very good, we'll do very well to catch them.

Come on Wednesday, huge game today.

Just now, Otley Owl said:

Painting the living room with Wednesday on the radio today, last time I did that I dropped the paint pot when a last minute accumulator came in. 

Today's winnings could be a grand, Coventry getting me off to a good start at the moment. They've looked very good, we'll do very well to catch them.

Come on Wednesday, huge game today.

They look very well organised do Cov. Brentford have gone completely off the boil. Proper bottejobs. 

Huddersfield are the ones to catch.