Sheffield Wednesday's best ever penalty takers?

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There was none of this modern day fannying around with Sterland. It was hit it hard and bulge the net. 

Or straight at the keeper. Remember him missing at least one like that,  v Charlton I think, might have been 1 or 2 more misses. Thank God the Chelsea keeper dived out of the way as well or that night would have been even more depressing! 

20 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Has to be Steve MacLean. Never missed one, and trolled us by taking his worst one in the play off final but still scoring.

Then he missed one in his first game after leaving us. 

I was a nervous wreck. Telling everyone around me "he's never missed one you know", really meaning "he's going to miss isn't he, it's the Wednesday way". It seemed an age before he took it, and then it was a terrible penalty. From my angle it looked momentarily as though it had been saved.

Mark Smith in the early 80s. I don't have the best memory but am I correct in saying that he scored 10 in a row then missed the next3?

A couple of side stories from the early 80's, Gary Bannister missing 2 penalties against Wolves - I remember it was a Tuesday night and I was listening to it on the radio.

Shout out for Andy Blair's hat-trick of penalties against Luton in the league cup - My uncle is a Luton supporter who saved the local newspaper report stating that Luton were cheated out of the game and should have won 2-1.