Sheffield Wednesday's best ever penalty takers?

Best 3 regular takers I can recall were Smith, Sterland and McLean. 

Although the 2 recall Pressman taking were both unstoppable one top corner, one bottom corner, but hit equally powerfully. 

A strange Quirk for Blair's penalties  ( if my memory is correct) was he only took them against 2 teams and had very differing records.

His 1st was missed against QPR

3 scored in the same match against Luton

Then another miss again against QPR. 

I'm pretty certain he never took any others.

I'm sure if I'm wrong somebody will let me know.

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Steve Maclean hands down. I never felt he was gunna miss. He even come on injured at the playoff final, Hit the worst penalty I’ve seen, but still managed to score! 

It wasn’t great, but really...the worst penalty you’ve seen..?

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

From memory (so no guarantee of accuracy), Sheridan's record wasn't all that great. Steven MacLean took something like a dozen and scored all of them.

I think Sheridan missed 5 or 6 for us. One against Leeds when he scored the rebound, and another was in the Data Zenith jobbie so doesn't really count.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just stick 7 men on the line. If it’s on target it’s in. If it’s not it’s going miles it’s only the woodwork that’s the problem.

Id have risked it. 

Thank God you were never our manager.

Edited by punkskaphil

I love a penalty. Not in shootouts but during a game to give you the lead. There’s nothing quite like the anticipation  of the run up and that split second waiting for the outcome and then pandemonium or groans of disbelief.  Obviously recently there have been more against us but I hope we’ll get another one before too long!

Maybe Rhodes will take one just to put that Deamon to rest? 😱