Luongo update

I know everyone is disappointed that he’s yet another ‘crock’ in the Abdi mould but I’m telling you all now that it’s absolutely pivotal we get this lad fit and playing in the majority of our games. We have a chance to avoid the drop if he’s fit in my opinion. Gives us an edge in there otherwise we look weak especially when we are up against a combative midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I know everyone is disappointed that he’s yet another ‘crock’ in the Abdi mould but I’m telling you all now that it’s absolutely pivotal we get this lad fit and playing in the majority of our games. We have a chance to avoid the drop if he’s fit in my opinion. Gives us an edge in there otherwise we look weak especially when we are up against a combative midfield.

he is a 1000% better player than bannan and pelepessy but that makes no difference when he is available for 10 games a season , the list is endless on the amount of crocks /wasters we have had . forestieri was hardly fit for 3 years . hooper last 18 months was out permanently yet some on here wanted those 2 getting new deals . 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Feels like his best years were at QPR - and he won’t ever be the same 

Agree with that, mate of mines a big QPR fan and was gutted when he left them but he's been more injured than not since he's been with us.

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Another injury prone CM It’s a miracle Bannan has avoided the curse. 

Yet he made over 140 appearances in the 4 seasons prior to signing for us.

WTF do we do to 'em?WTF:

This situation is a bloomin nightmare! He is a crock now but wasn’t before. 
Only two possibilities are he was injured when he got here (and QPR knew and that’s why they sold him to us) or he got injured after getting here. 
His first season from memory he wasn’t injured. Think he played 30 games but don’t remember any major injury problems. Makes scenario 1 unlikely. 
If it’s scenario two it’s either bad luck or something is a problem at the club. 
My gut feel is bad luck but can’t rule out something else being at play. But what could it be?

Massimo is only 28. Should have three years at his peak left. Sometimes I feel sorry for a player but in this instance I just feel sorry for Wednesday. We could really do with him right now. 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

This situation is a bloomin nightmare! He is a crock now but wasn’t before. 
Only two possibilities are he was injured when he got here (and QPR knew and that’s why they sold him to us) or he got injured after getting here. 
His first season from memory he wasn’t injured. Think he played 30 games but don’t remember any major injury problems. Makes scenario 1 unlikely. 
If it’s scenario two it’s either bad luck or something is a problem at the club. 
My gut feel is bad luck but can’t rule out something else being at play. But what could it be?

Massimo is only 28. Should have three years at his peak left. Sometimes I feel sorry for a player but in this instance I just feel sorry for Wednesday. We could really do with him right now. 

Didn't he come here with no preseason due to injury?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Didn't he come here with no preseason due to injury?

I don’t know. I can’t really remember. Just remember he arrived and then he played. Maybe he was injured when he got here. Still managed 30 games after it so it can’t have been that bad at the time.