A Technical Director???

1 hour ago, wmb said:

So the way I understand it is that a technical director oversees the football operations of the club. Recruitment, academy and works with whoever the coach is bring players in and develop a structure. The only way it could work is if Chansiri allows him to do the job and if the right coach is appointed who is willing to work with a technical director.

Traditionally yes. Who knows what chansiri’s version does 

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

He's been around the block starting at Palace as recruitment consultant and head of Recruitment at Bournemouth then Head of Football at Hudderrsfield...he's not some chancer with a twitter page

its the head of football operations bit that im interested in, it suggests that he had total control of the football element of the club leaving others to concentrate on the commercial side a bit like Les Reads role at Southampton 

Now if he's going to have that role here and more importantly be allowed to do that role here then i think its a big step in the right direction, but if the owner is just allowing him to come in as smeone else for him to blame then were are back to square one 

Only time will tell i suppose 

But i do agree with you he dose have a credible background in football and not just a chancer with a social media account

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a step in the right direction. Maybe DC has realised he needs help 

Maybe the penny has dropped that if the new director succeeds DC will get all of the credit and non of the flack and if he fails then it looks like he's been trying. It's what I would have done from day one and that would include head of scouting, medicine and a CEO for the day to day running of the club. Hire the best you can afford and keep upgrading

• Like 2

The fact is, there has been so many false dawns here. 

Everything will be fine until there's a disagreement and the bloke isn't allowed to do the job and has to run everything by the Chairman. Leaving DC and his one advisor. Clocks ticking..............

As long he’s given the role he’s supposed to have as technical director, and is given the power to implement his own strategy, then this could be a step in the right direction. 

But we’ve been here before. There has been a few experienced people put into roles that should be beneficial to the club, but they’ve ultimately left prematurely. 

41 minutes ago, prowl said:

You can have hope but be realistic at the same time.

I accept DC has previous with this type of appointment and is unlikely to relinquish any control. Having said that what is better,  carrying on as we are or bringing in someone as a technical director who might, just might be able to act as a buffer between DC and the rest of the club?

It's obvious we are heading for disaster unless something changes, even if this gives us 5 or 10% chance of diluting DC and Paxo's malign effect on the club, it's got to be worth a try.

I've not changed my belief that we would be better off with DC selling the club but until that happens this might be another option.

Of course it’s got to be worth a try and is a good idea. That’s what makes it worse when it doesn’t work out! 
I genuinely don’t think you can jointly have hope and realism at the moment. I’m not wanting to stop anyone else from having hope but I’m not going to get into it myself. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Of course it’s got to be worth a try and is a good idea. That’s what makes it worse when it doesn’t work out! 
I genuinely don’t think you can jointly have hope and realism at the moment. I’m not wanting to stop anyone else from having hope but I’m not going to get into it myself. 

I hope I win the lottery but I realise it's unlikely.

I hope I don't get covid but I realise I might.lol