A Technical Director???

Please please please 

just the position we need to separate chansiri from footballing matters 

question is will he let the person who does this job actually do it 

or will chansiri still be in control 

surely to hot though he would take advise from. A technical director above paxo 

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

What the hell is a 'Technical Director'?  I presume he must oversee the Technical side of the club, which to me must mean that the scoeboard works, the Turnstyles work etc etc,  

Ask those saying this is a good appointment in this thread what a technical director is at SWFC, what record this chap has, and what his role and responsibilities will be

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

First of all let's be honest - most of us have no clue whatsoever who this guy is or if he's any good

But most importantly before you get excited about this one, if anyone who thinks this is a good move could tell me the name of anyone Chansiri has brought into SWFC in his time here (apart from his advisor) that is still here that would be a good starting position

I doubt it will happen with Chansiri being Chansiri but he would be a good appointment if allowed to do his job.

Edited by wmb

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What the hell is a 'Technical Director'?  I presume he must oversee the Technical side of the club, which to me must mean that the scoeboard works, the Turnstyles work etc etc,  

It's basically exactly what everyone has been screaming out that the club needs.

He would be incharge of the whole of the footballing side of the club. Strategy, recruitment etc.

Looking at his experience looks a good choice.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-webb-interview-background-cowleys-16902518

Useful article about who he is and what he did at Huddersfield by all accounts sounds like a useful bloke but equally they currently sit 14th in the league 12 points above us so they are not pushing for promotion or anything and they will still have parachute payments each season. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

So the way I understand it is that a technical director oversees the football operations of the club. Recruitment, academy and works with whoever the coach is bring players in and develop a structure. The only way it could work is if Chansiri allows him to do the job and if the right coach is appointed who is willing to work with a technical director.

• Like 1