A Technical Director???

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the trap we fall into every single time though

Every time we say 'oh it looks like he's learning. this is surely a positive thing?'

And every single time it goes complately pearshaped in no time at all

Every.
Single.
Time.

I'm not falling for it this time - not anymore

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the trap we fall into every single time though

Every time we say 'oh it looks like he's learning. this is surely a positive thing?'

And every single time it goes complately pearshaped in no time at all

Every.
Single.
Time.

I'm not falling for it this time - not anymore

Sorry, accidentally quoted you without a reply last time and couldn't edit.

I'm surprised I'm still looking on the bright side despite believing that we're already going to be in League 1. Perhaps Webb will do his research and recognise what went wrong with all the previous appointments off the pitch and address this with Chansiri before he commits, if it happens at all. I know, I'm probably dreaming.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 11.09.14.jpg

Joe Palmer was a terrific appointment and if allowed to do his job would have done a cracking job at Sheffield Wednesday

He's got a good solid track record and is doing a great job at Wimbledon (they just got a new stadium too)

The sub-heading “escaping a war zone for Wimbledon” - is that talking about Ukraine or Hillsborough? 

• Haha 3

Just now, Brian said:

Sorry, accidentally quoted you without a reply last time and couldn't edit.

I'm surprised I'm still looking on the bright side despite believing that we're already going to be in League 1. Perhaps Webb will do his research and recognise what went wrong with all the previous appointments off the pitch and address this with Chansiri before he commits, if it happens at all. I know, I'm probably dreaming.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, wanting better things and hoping that things will come right

Thats engrained in us as Owls fans ❤️❤️

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Firstly, the fact it is in the media before it is announced, leads me to believe it isn't going to happen. 

However, that aside, I believe this is a really good move and the guy looks to have good pedigree. I do not subscribe to the 'cannot do right, for doing wrong' mentality of some posts in this thread, this is the kind of decision we have been crying out for. 

Parking my first point, I hope this progresses to an appointment. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wmb said:

No he didn't. the chairman/owner did.

They both worked together. Not all club work like the dictatorship ours does. 

“The duo were identified by Chairman Phil Hodgkinson and Head of Football Operations David Webb as the Club’s first choice for this appointment after an extensive and detailed search.”

https://www.htafc.com/news/2019/september/danny-cowley-appointed-manager/

There is even words from the chairmen saying how key Webb was behind the appointment. 

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

David Webb - Head of Football Operations - Huddersfield Town Football Club | LinkedIn

He's been around the block starting at Palace as recruitment consultant and head of Recruitment at Bournemouth then Head of Football at Hudderrsfield...he's not some chancer with a twitter page

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

First of all let's be honest - most of us have no clue whatsoever who this guy is or if he's any good

But most importantly before you get excited about this one, if anyone who thinks this is a good move could tell me the name of anyone Chansiri has brought into SWFC in his time here (apart from his advisor) that is still here that would be a good starting position

He scored the winning goal in an FA cup final Replay 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Unfortunately I believe you are totally right this time around. 
Don’t blame others for having a bit of hope but it will only lead to disappointment!

You can have hope but be realistic at the same time.

I accept DC has previous with this type of appointment and is unlikely to relinquish any control. Having said that what is better,  carrying on as we are or bringing in someone as a technical director who might, just might be able to act as a buffer between DC and the rest of the club?

It's obvious we are heading for disaster unless something changes, even if this gives us 5 or 10% chance of diluting DC and Paxo's malign effect on the club, it's got to be worth a try.

I've not changed my belief that we would be better off with DC selling the club but until that happens this might be another option.

We’ve just seen this scenario time and time again

And it will be the same here - 

- Chansiri hires appointment with good track record 

- Fans happy and think DC is learning 

- Chansiri doesn’t allow said employee to do his job 

- A couple of months later “SWFC would like to thank (employee) for his time and wish him well in the future 

- Fan Uproar 

Cycle starts again 

• Like 3

On the face of it, excellent news, but as a few have said only if he is  allowed to do his job.

There has to be a will from the chuckle brothers (Paxo and Chansiri) to step back and let football professionals do their job. Weve seen good football people come and go so only time will tell on this one, if it happens. 

• Like 3