Pairing him and Hutch alongside one another has never worked, you need 1 protecting the back 4 not 2 as it splits responsibility and causes confusion who’s tracking etc, plus it’s too negative. Major blunder when I saw the team sheet.

I no fan of Joey who tries hard, looks like he should be a player but somehow it never quite comes off for him. He has an engine but causes confusion and has no confidence to get it forward so he passes to 5 yards to Bannan or backwards....mind you, no one seems to drive it forward in this team.

He’s a reserve player for me. Need better to stay up.

7 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

They were probably after him as a squad player.  And that he's a cheap option considering his contract is nearly up.

You'd be top ten in the division for assists if every single time we got the ball it went through you.  And if you took the vast majority of set pieces.  The statistic should be what percentage of the time does he affect the game for  the number of touches he has.

Massively overrated.  Not saying he's bad.  But the way people go on about him, you'd think he was Iniesta.  

Not true at all.

We are having a poor season, if you think he is the main problem then do you really think we would create and score more without him playing with our current options? 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Not true at all.

We are having a poor season, if you think he is the main problem then do you really think we would create and score more without him playing with our current options? 

I actually do.  

I genuinely think he plays too deep and it's holding us back in games we need to win.  I'd like to see him play at the top of midfield if he's gonna play anywhere.

I know it's not gonna be a popular opinion, and people will say I know nothing about football.

Just an opinion tho at the end of the day.

I have no doubt he'll look good in league one next year.

But as our best player, and club captain, he is currently letting his team mates and the fans down in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Is there a worse central midfielder who starts for a championship club ?

Signing the likes of him and Van Aken amongst other things started the rot? It’ll be like when Atherton and Nolan, two players who had the same effect, f***ed off after we got relegated from the premier league, these two will do the same and will be forever synonymous with our relegation to league one in 2021 as Atherton and Nolan were in 2000. How this club keeps making the same f***ing mistakes is beyond me 🤬

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

The guy is absolute dog s**t.

The fact that he was making his 100th appearance for the club tonight tells you exactly how far we’ve fallen over the last few seasons.

I’d rather have offered Jose Semedo another deal as opposed to bringing this clown to the club.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If Bannan would not get in any Championship side why was a promotion chasing side after him

I agree Bannan is not very effective in our side at the moment, that's because of the way we set up and the players around him, not because he is worse than Pelupessy.

We were pretty poor last couple of seasons but Bannan was top 10 in the division for assists, due to the fact we had an effective target man for him to pick out. Without a striker and a decent shape to the team Bannan will be largely ineffective too often, that's down to the poor recruitment. Take him out now and we won't do any better, he has created many of the few goals we have scored, we wont create more if we leave him out.  

After him? 🤣🤣

A derisory offer on the last day of the transfer window to a club thats broke is hardly the sign of a club "after someone" The offer was a cheap punt on a player who would be a squad filler for them, nothing more.

• Like 2

It doesn’t help that he’s been part of the team during our worst years, but it speaks volumes about the quality of our signings that he’s managed to amass 100 caps...

The midfield is just a complete mess, i don’t think dropping Pelupessy will solve it. Bannan just as much to blame, forcing him into every team leaving whoever he’s paired with run ragged for 90 minutes. Brown has looked awful and now can’t even get a game, Luongo looks good but injury prone shocker, Shaw promising but still just a kid and Hutchinson although I think he’s valuable more of a side ways move then a step forward.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Kraschenbern said:

The problem isn't Joey in midfield.  Its the supposedly "better" players around him who consistently fail to deliver.

Joey's job is to break up the oppositions play.  He's better at that than Reach and Bannan are at affecting the game in the opponents third.

That will be an unpopular opinion, but I've been saying it for two seasons.  Bannan is the major issue in our midfield.  Too deep, and no where near as effective for the amount of touches of the ball that he has.

A true rebuild won't start until he is gone.  He has it easy at Wednesday.  With the constant love in for him.  He'd struggle to get in most other Championship sides.

I'm not saying Joey is great.  But let's stop blaming him, when our supposedly better players do absolutely fizz all.

Couldn't agree more and don't even get me started on Reach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

It's not about one player is it.? .. it goes far deeper.  pelupessy is the new Fox is he...OK he's limited but so is the entire team. Think our bigger problem is that we don't score goals.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We lost then if Joey is getting pelters.

lol

It’s almost as if he’s 1/4 the player of Bannan.... which probably is why he gets paid 1/4 of Bannan! You gets what you pay for!

£ for £ he offers better value than an awful lot of our squad. 

• Like 2