Adam Reach to leave Sheffield Wednesday?

Guest The Claw

16 minutes ago, Manwë said:

39, 46, 43, 37 games per season, from 16-17.

Very good stats.

Wow 165 appearances that’s done going 

2 play off campaigns always available 

was he 3-5 million? Think we’ve done well out of him especially if we can get him tied down for another 3-4 years he’s shown consistency and to be honest this should have been done last year there was enough to go at very few question marks over reach’s contribution 

only 27 a four contract takes him to just 31 

for me ( and I don’t think he will stay now with our position ) he should have been a player tied down on another long year he’d robs not show the same consistency where we could have learned to either sell or build on 

would probably end up having a testimonial with us 

Like I say him lees and bannan are big signings we some huge recruitment to do in next few windows 

28 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

The ff thing was straight after Wembley when we were also splashing the cash? Reach fletcher abdi Jones winnall Rhodes all came in that season? We could all see we had a real chance of going straight up? Selling ff at that point didn’t seem the right thing to do when you trying to get out of this league? Hindsight is a great thing cus the amount of games he played esp last 2-3 seasons was ridiculous ( one thing or another)also for the wedge the dc splashed out you’d expect more from all of the above?? Anyway back to reach no coincidence he hit form when asked to play out wide is it? He suffered from playing all over the place cm and cf under monk the kid looked lost? Out wide he constantly delivers goal scoring crosses and chips in with goals , he’ll get another contract at this level but I’d keep him to summer like the rest to make sure we in this league next season 

Look at Brentford, selling their best players and still competing. 

Look at pigs after selling Brooks. 

Players can always be replaced if it’s done in a structured manner. 

Sell one star a year has to be the goal. 

Leicester have done this for the last 4-5 years. 

16 hours ago, The Claw said:

apparently free to go, contract not to be renewed 

Reach and Bannan were both offered new deals a month ago iirc.
So.. if he's free to go at any point, it's purely because he wants to, not because the club doesn't value him.

• Like 1

Just feel that we need to move on the players who have not been able to move us on.....same old,same old,need new players with a new challenge and none of the old baggage....

Not attaching blame,just feel we all need a change of scenery,last thing i want to see is players who havnt been able to make an impact,be given long contracts again,to maybe just keep repeating the same.

Players,Fans,even the manager's need something different to work with...new challenges to face,& a clean slate

29 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Wow 165 appearances that’s done going 

2 play off campaigns always available 

was he 3-5 million? Think we’ve done well out of him especially if we can get him tied down for another 3-4 years he’s shown consistency and to be honest this should have been done last year there was enough to go at very few question marks over reach’s contribution 

only 27 a four contract takes him to just 31 

for me ( and I don’t think he will stay now with our position ) he should have been a player tied down on another long year he’d robs not show the same consistency where we could have learned to either sell or build on 

would probably end up having a testimonial with us 

Like I say him lees and bannan are big signings we some huge recruitment to do in next few windows 

Adam Reach was signed in August 2016 so has only played in 1 play off season for the club.

• Like 1

I doubt anyone knows with certainty what the situation is with Reach.

Logically the club will have offered him a new contract on reduced wages, I seriously doubt we have offered nothing. Pulis said the club was negotiating with 3 or 4 players, Reach is almost certainly one of them.

Reach may decide he wants to move or he may only move if he gets a better offer, we just don't know. It is very likely another club will be in a better position ragarding wages than we are.

43 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Need a got recruitment team to be able to do that though. Otherwise you don't progress.

I do not blame any player for leaving this club in the current predicament 

One thing to mention is how comfortable they may currently be here and what his aspirations are - will he get a better offer elsewhere? COVID will ensure teams aren’t handing out silly money anymore - if we’re offering below teams much smaller than us in this division, then it looks like we’re in financial trouble. 

If he wants to roll the dice he might go elsewhere for little more money but may not be a first teamer etc that he’s pretty much guaranteed here - and there will be some clubs that go to the wall this year too (could be us as well)

Gonna be interesting how some players move about this year

I've always been of the opinion that if a player (no matter how good) wants to leave then let them leave, Reach has been one of the better performers in recent weeks but if he wants to go that's that, the far bigger issue at SWFC is if he does go we won't have any adequate replacement lined up as has shown with previous departures.

I'd like to think that Bannan, Lees and Reach if they've decided they want to move on will all hang around and keep us up at least then leave with our blessing... Then the fun begins for the poor soul in charge to create a new side with basically nothing ready for next season!! It's great being a Wednesday fan!! 🙂

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. I remember the forum at the time and a lot of people didn't want Forestieri to leave. Some did mind, but a lot didn't. 

I'm sure a majority would accept now that we would have benefited from shifting him, but no one could forsee him having an ACL operation could they? 

I don't seem to remember Man U fans being delighted at Ronaldo leaving, I also dont remember Liverpool being delighted at selling Coutinho at the time. 

You have to sell to progress anyone with half a brain knows that. I'm sure any Liverpool are happier with their success they have had the last few years based on players they bought using the finances from the suarez and coutinho sales. Ferguson was ruthless when it came to getting rid of players Beckham, Stam (although he did say he maybe could have kept him) and redeveloping/reinvesting etc.

Pandering to a player who throws his toys out of the pram because someone else is getting a few k a week more than him is only going to end one way whether he got injured or not. If they're not happy with the contract they signed then f@&k them off.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

More like he won't sign.

Can you blame him with the way the club has been run by DC!

I dont expect any player to stay out of 15 out of contract!

Next season could be worse than this season!

Next season will be worse 

5 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You have to sell them at the right time, and you have to have decent recruitment which has the next one lined up. We have paxaio and his wallet full of fake 20's (I don't know where this stuff about 20's came from, it just came out and has no basis in fact.) 

Edited by Daizan10