Adam Reach to leave Sheffield Wednesday?

Guest The Claw

Well how many we got out of contract end of season? Most of the squad I think? So whoever gets the job it’s a total rebuild in his league or below? Quite scary when you consider where we were 3/4 seasons ago ? For the amount chansiri has spent even for all his faults you’d expect to get more for the outlay he has ! How many of those big wage signings played a large part of games in a season? Ff hoops abdi hutch Westwood Boyd fletcher all spent large chunks missing every season for one reason or another. We rolled the dice and failed and now we gona pay for the gamble for yrs to come , good luck whoever gets the nod trying to rebuild the club with covid19 us bad enough but trying to do it with interference from within ni on impossible I’d say 

2 hours ago, Hitcat said:

He's been running on empty for ages now and probably needs a fresh start.

Seems to have had a fresh start over the last few months to me, been one of our best players and saying that ime one of his biggest critics. 

• Like 3

Reach is at a good age and isn’t injured frequently and is a good player at this level. 
Id be surprised if he couldn’t get himself a bit more money and a club a bit higher up the league than we are / will expect to be next season. 
He’s got 3 years to earn his money and if we are not maintaining or increasing his salary his agent will already have clubs lined up who probably will. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

It would be great to see a reset. Unfortunately think when coving is over and certainly within 18 months clubs will be back to chasing the dream. Only thing that will slow it down would be reduced contracts from SKY etc. All chasing the PL dream. We need to get through this and next season with little money and avoiding relegation. Then start rebuilding a sensible team and wages

It starts right now

3 minutes ago, debram said:

Seems to have had a fresh start over the last few months to me, been one of our best players and saying that ime one of his biggest critics. 

He has and Lees too. Whether they need a change or not, to be convinced to stay they'll need better players around them and I can't see that happening anytime soon.

20 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Let’s be honest, if you’ve been here a number of years and seen us steadily go backwards why on earth would you sign up for more? Reach is probably hoping to kickstart his career elsewhere and I can’t blame him. 

Reach has witnessed our reversal and he, like it or not, is a component part of that reversal. True to say also, he doesn't owe us anything; Yet similarly he must be worried a little about the current state of the football market. We are lead to believe that an offer sits on the table but agents, owners and managers think there is providence in not blinking first, I'm not so sure.

We have now seen a little glimpse of what 2 or 3 youngsters can offer with a little freedom allowed. Let us hope some of the senior players are uplifted by this and be persuaded a brighter future awaits around the corner.    

Reach is 27, there's no way this is his last contract.

He's playing pretty well at the moment, there will be offers.  Bristol, Reading, Cardiff etc some middling clubs with some ambition beyond survival year after year will surely be talking with him.

We'll be much weaker without him, we won't replace him with better.

Hope he stays, but there's nothing left to stay for.  We're not even trying to succeed anyone.  We've given up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Reach is at a good age and isn’t injured frequently and is a good player at this level. 
Id be surprised if he couldn’t get himself a bit more money and a club a bit higher up the league than we are / will expect to be next season. 
He’s got 3 years to earn his money and if we are not maintaining or increasing his salary his agent will already have clubs lined up who probably will. 

Very good point about his injury record.

Other clubs know they are buying a player who will play 90 minutes 45-50 games a season. That increases his attractiveness no end. It also makes it so much harder and costlier to replace him.

This may be controversial but if we can only afford one of Reach, Bannan or Lees I’d pick Reach. 

I can understand if he chooses to go at the end of his contract. He’s not really appreciated by managers/fan base and is a victim of his adaptability.