Pub Footballer OR Goal Machine ??

11 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I have just read all the posts and have seen only one negative opinion and all that said was he had a shocker today. Have you posted this in the right thread?

For what it’s worth my opinion is goals win games, he’s scored some unbelievably important goals and helped us massively in being on a hot streak I could literally only of dreamed of just a few weeks ago. 

What’s not to like?

Ok I will put meat on the fire 

He was playing on his own up front but he was totally dominated by the two centre halves , he hardly held the ball up all afternoon and failed to bring any other players into the game 

his first touch today was non league standard.

I am not sure what he is to be honest, he is no forward or really a midfielder but is scoring a few goals so he is worth his place at the moment but he had a shocker today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He is not a back to goal striker like Fletcher or even Nuhiu. He wins nothing in the air when the ball is fired at him in this scenario.

He has shown a remarkable knack of scoring when given the opportunity, I would imagine his goals per chance ratio is ridiculously high. ( Just what we thought Rhodes would be.)

Add to that his hard work and versatility and he is a very good signing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I have just read all the posts and have seen only one negative opinion and all that said was he had a shocker today. Have you posted this in the right thread? 

Absolutely I have yes.

It's full of snide comments about his style and ability when he's banging in goal after goal

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

There’s a video I posted the other day where he is scoring for fun and with his right peg, his left peg, his head, from inside the six yard box, outside the area, from 40 yards. The man knows how to score and that’s good enough for me. 

**Disclaimer - the goals were scored in the Scottish leagues**

He was 2 stone lighter here

With reach on left and decent crosses he will score more than his fair share.

With reach on right and poor crosses, he wont, imo.

Wouldnt do him any harm with a pacy striker next to him either, solid team player at this level

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely I have yes.

It's full of snide comments about his style and ability when he's banging in goal after goal

To be fair after I posted my reply to yours some snide answers have appeared. 
I say f@ck any negative thoughts and vibes!

We are 4 wins in five and Patterson is banging them in!!!

Let’s enjoy life just for tonight!

• Like 1

I like having him in the side despite his obvious flaws but there is one thing I hate. Ball is launched forward towards Paterson and he makes the effort to put the yards in but then just stands facing our goal and leans his bum into the defender. Doesn't even try to win the header. I wouldn't mind so much if he occasionally held the ball up by letting it bounce off him but it never, ever works. Defender just heads it or let's the ball go past him. Every single time

• Like 1

Proven player at this level. Said at the time when we signed him, after having seen a lot of him for Cardiff, that he was a smart signing that would win over the fans. He's on his way already to becoming a cult hero for us like he was at Hearts and Cardiff. A likable person and likable player, unfairly underappreciated but in short time he's proving to be one of our key players. 

23 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Ok I will put meat on the fire 

He was playing on his own up front but he was totally dominated by the two centre halves , he hardly held the ball up all afternoon and failed to bring any other players into the game 

his first touch today was non league standard.

I am not sure what he is to be honest, he is no forward or really a midfielder but is scoring a few goals so he is worth his place at the moment but he had a shocker today 

I love open and honest debate and am all for free speech etc etc. I can even say the logic in what you say and why you would say it. 
But for me goals are goals. He’s scoring them, and he’s scoring for us. He plays with heart. He’s unconventional and sometimes that gives you an edge. 

If he is going to score even if he’s having a ‘shocker’ then even better!

He works very hard his positional play is very good and he is quick thinking. He can get good height when challenging for aerial balls. He upsets their defenders with his robust style. He knows how to find back of net.

His first touch is not always the best and his passing is not a strength if these were good he would be worth a small fortune and would be playing in PL. 

He has been good acquisition and we have needed his like for a while a hard working mobile rough n 'tumble striker.