Jordan Rhodes to QPR

If he gets another chance at a championship club, he will have done well. The sheer folly of signing Rhodes and Winnall, has been the painful experience I warned it would be. The scary thing is, we’re still doing it Anyone think we’ll get our money back on Windass and Paterson?

• Haha 1

Guest whowantstoberich
2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:No doubt we’ll let him go and the new manager will turn up and ask ‘where’s that Rhodes lad? I’m planning on building the whole team around him’.

I think if a new manager comes in and says that we need to be very very worried

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he gets another chance at a championship club, he will have done well. The sheer folly of signing Rhodes and Winnall, has been the painful experience I warned it would be. The scary thing is, we’re still doing it Anyone think we’ll get our money back on Windass and Paterson?

I do 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

The scary thing is, we’re still doing it Anyone think we’ll get our money back on Windass and Paterson?

Considering we paid less than 500k for each of them, then yes I do think we could get our money back... Not that it would matter as 500k wouldn't even cover Rhodes wages for 6 months.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

They've got a 23 year old striker Shodipo on a season long loan at Oxford.

He's banging the goals in for Oxford and looks a good player, I wonder if they would be looking to recall him.

Sod it. Lets gerrim as part of the deal.

He aint gonna be any worse for us.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Agree two costly errors. 

One much more than the other.

I think we'd have easily made us money back on Winnall if his knee ant gone mind.

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think given their prices (500k?) we would be able to make our money back but yes if the point your making is that are they younger talented players who we can play and develop to potentially make a big profit on then no they obviously arent. 

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why so sure?

Hes scored everywhere but here. Norwich was only 18 months ago and he scored every 161 minutes.

Even here since then he’s scored every 240 minutes, in a very defensive side.

I've seen enough of Rhodes over the last 4 seasons to be absolutely sure.

He's only going one way now I'm afraid , downwards but I'm sure he's made a good living out of the game.

36 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

There is a fair chance that we need QPR or Brum to finish below us if we want to stay up.

So I wouldn't be doing anything that might help either team.

I’d normally agree but our finances are tight, Rhodes is most likely our highest earner & if QPR are the only club willing to take Rhodes & pay half his wages then that might allow us to bring in 2 or 3 loans ourselves.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

He'll keep them up at our expense.

Absolutely nailed on.

Put your house on it.

If we go down off the back of Jordan Rhodes going to QPR then we'll have deserved to go down. We play well and look after ourselves then it'll be irrelevant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think this will be good news for Wednesday and Rhodes. For whatever reason his move here has not worked out.

Will have to wait and see if this will also be a good move for QPR.

Sincerely hope this is not another Lucas Joao moment

• Like 2