Jordan Rhodes to QPR

52 minutes ago, Rogers said:

That’s a good list...can I add Andy Sinton and David Graham

Not forgetting Jay Bothroyd.

I can see it now, sell an under-utilised striker to our relegation rivals, they will play him with a strike partner and a couple of pacy wide men and he will be banging them in for fun... QPR will finish on the same points as us but we will be relegated on goal difference.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

You keep a player for what he’s doing here, not through fear of what he’ll do elsewhere. Jordan Rhodes has failed here, emphatically. A move is long overdue. Bring this nightmare to an end. 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Can I suggest a diplomacy course Sir?

It is, in some quarters, suggested that he hasn’t always taken full advantage of opportunities. A fresh start elsewhere allows him to showcase his talents in a less intimidating environment, and prove the undoubted talent he possesses. 

Wish him well. Just didn't work out here for him. Always conducted himself professionally and everything I here is that he is a decent lad.

So hope he does well and enjoys his football again...just make sure the contract say he can't play against us.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

We're aiming for a like for like swap, so we've stuck a leftover sandbag upfront in training

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

They're sending us a rolled up astroturf pitch unused since the late 70's. :ph34r:

What are we going to swap Kachunga and Marriott for?

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

What are we going to swap Kachunga and Marriott for?

Marriott isn't ours in the first place, so hopefully we just take him back and avoid the overdue lending charge

For Kachunga, to again replace like for like we're in the market for the latest in bench warming technology, AKA a hot water bottle

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Marriott isn't ours in the first place, so hopefully we just take him back and avoid the overdue lending charge

For Kachunga, to again replace like for like we're in the market for the latest in bench warming technology, AKA a hot water bottle

I could be wrong but I thought Marriott was ours for the season, with Derby having a recall option.

Somehow I don’t see them using that option.

A no pressure club where he can go out and enjoy him sen and probably nick a couple.

Good luck to him. 

This mean we can sign 2 nippy young strikers on £15k a week each.

Would seem to make more sense. 

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

23 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Wish him well. Just didn't work out here for him. Always conducted himself professionally and everything I here is that he is a decent lad.

So hope he does well and enjoys his football again...just make sure the contract say he can't play against us.

Well said Sir. The Times’ readers’ letter of the week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Cant see a thread on it so apols if already discussed elsewhere

Are they for real ?? 

Please let this be true , Rhodes is an absolute nothing footballer , no pace , no strength and little ability who has forgot what it's like to score goals.

I honestly think he's done at this level but am hoping QPR think differently.

If he goes there and resumes his pre Wednesday form then we are very much at fault... if he goes there and continues his Wednesday form we will know that he’s not the player he was and we spent 10m plus wages on someone who had not kept up with the pace of the game.

either way the only positive is we won’t be paying his last 6 months hopefully. 

The decision to sign him is amongst the worst of DCs tenure and that is saying something.