Jordan Rhodes to QPR

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think worst signings in my time taking into account the money paid and what they contributed would say Rhodes, De Bilde, Franny Jeffers and Alem Abdi. 

That’s a good list...can I add Andy Sinton and David Graham

Ah, the classic ‘lose, lose’. If he stays he will probably continue to fail and cost us money, if he goes he will probably help QPR at our expense and leave us very, very light on strikers of any description.

On balance while he isn’t a starter (and I can’t see he will be) it’s better to get him off the books I suppose. 

He never seems to make a difference off the bench so he’s not worth keeping. No doubt we’ll let him go and the new manager will turn up and ask ‘where’s that Rhodes lad? I’m planning on building the whole team around him’.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George said:

It would be classic Wednesday to let him go and then find he is fires in enough goals to see QPR stay up at our expense. 

He will do exactly what he has done at Boro, Blackburn, Norwich and Huddersfield - score at better than a goal every 200 minutes.

He’s only failed for one Championship club. His fault, our fault, incompatible? Who knows?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Imagine my surprise three months later, when I stumbled upon a table of the league and atop perched a former lowly club from London. Seems the January acquisition of a former Sheffield Wednesday player, had assisted somewhat in improving the London club’s position. Verily, said hotshot had immediately set upon a mission of putting the records straight, re-establishing himself as a goalscoring sensation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

That’s a good list...can I add Andy Sinton and David Graham

I always think of Darko Kovacevic when I see these lists. 
A goal machine both before and after he played for us. Real Sociedad cashed in on him to the tune of £12million.  Dog poo while at S6. 

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Imagine my surprise three months later, when I stumbled upon a table of the league and atop perched a former lowly club from London. Seems the January acquisition of a former Sheffield Wednesday player, had assisted somewhat in improving the London club’s position. Verily, said hotshot had immediately set upon a mission of putting the records straight, re-establishing himself as a goalscoring sensation.

Indeed, 46 of the 47 goals he scored at his new club came against his previous employers

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Cracking bit of business for us if they’re paying all his wages, frees up money to bring in 2-3 players which we urgently need. Lovely lad but to say it hasn’t worked out for him here is an understatement

No chance they’ll pay all his wages if it’s a loan.

QPR have scored 4 goals in 7. They need goals.

If they have £35kpw to spend that gets you a top Championship striker. it wouldnt be on Rhodes given his past few seasons.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No chance they’ll pay all his wages if it’s a loan.

QPR have scored 4 goals in 7. They need goals.

If they have £35kpw to spend that gets you a top Championship striker. it wouldnt be on Rhodes given his past few seasons.

My guess is QPR will be paying about half his wages no loan fee.

• Like 1

Weighing this up it's a no-brainer and great move for us. Tiny chance of him banging them in for QPR vs. Offloading huge wages to free up other signing(s).

No disrespect to Jordan as he seems a likeable lad and I was one of many who were delighted with his signing but hope to God it's true, in hindsight proved a terrible signing. 

• Thanks 1