Jordan Rhodes to QPR

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

For balance.

Notice anything about the striker we all seem to want to leave?

Record for Wednesday 19/20 & 20/21

Rhodes - Goal every 261 minutes

Windass - Goal every 314 minutes

Kachunga - No goals in 559 minutes

Marriott - No goals in 319 minutes

For balance what is Paterson's?

6 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why would we sell a player to our biggest rivals to go down. i expect derby and forest to escape but qpr are the next closest club. 

Because we maybe would rather they had Rhodes who is in decline than they go out and get a Prem loan or unknown in who does the business. Sandbagging them with Rhodes.

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Because we maybe would rather they had Rhodes who is in decline than they go out and get a Prem loan or unknown in who does the business. Sandbagging them with Rhodes.

maybe maybe not but i could see him scoring 5-6 down there and keeping them up. id let him go but not to rivals 

37 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Interesting division of opinion on here.

He’s sheite v Don’t strengthen our rivals

He's bobbar with us, as many players are, but that doesn't mean that he'll be bobbar with them.

The move could rejuvenate him and he could fire them to safety at our expense.

And he has a good record against us too.

The only consolation is that although many good players turn bob when they come here, they rarely do anything elsewhere afterwards.

We just have that kind of effect on people...

Didn't McGeady say that he considered giving up football altogether after playing for us?

We're plop.

lol

16 minutes ago, morganowl said:

maybe maybe not but i could see him scoring 5-6 down there and keeping them up. id let him go but not to rivals 

QPR fans biggest gripe is that Dykes gets no service so can't score. If Rhodes gets the same he is in trouble.

Its not been a happy time either for Jordan Rhodes or us....simply how its panned out.

Now we can go on hoping, he can go on hoping..But who said what about doing the same thing over and over again and hoping it would work?

It hasn't worked...

Edited by asteener1867

35 minutes ago, morganowl said:

why would we sell a player to our biggest rivals to go down. i expect derby and forest to escape but qpr are the next closest club. 

33 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Agreed. We should be looking at Brum, QPR and Coventry. We shouldn't do anything that could help their situation.

We aren't helping them. We are offloading a flop. If they get him then they aren't getting a player that could propel them to safety

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarvelOwls said:

Best to close this chapter.

I wanted him to do well....each and every time there was a new manager or new system.

Just didnt happen. 

I agree we have had some really bad signings. I dont put him at the top of that list but in terms of moment wasted. Just wow.

Anyway cant look back.

We move on

He's had a number of managers here and none of them played him much. You would expect one of them to get a tune out of him. It never happened.

Good bye Jordan I was going to say good luck but can you just delay the good luck until next season please.

Stockpiling players that dont play is one reason why we are in financial ruin. We cant hold onto a player just because he might do well somewhere else. Whatever his record is Successive managers dont seem to play him so if we have a chance to get rid we should take it.

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We aren't helping them. We are offloading a flop. If they get him then they aren't getting a player that could propel them to safety

Like that flop Joao that we sold last year?

Rhodes hasn't done the job for us but QPR seem to believe he can for them, it is a risk. 

Given a choice between letting him go and seeing him drain another 6 months of wages from us for little return though, I think we have to say goodbye, especially if letting him go means we can try and bring in someone of more use.