Jordan Rhodes to QPR

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Let him go - and quick! Those people stating he will score goals is based on what?

With the exception of the forest game lest season he's never looked like hitting a barn door with the proverbial.

My car engine's warm and I have a full tank of fuel.  Does anyone know Jordan's address?  

• Haha 1

We couldn't have chosen a worse team for him to go to.

I fancy us to finish above Wycombe and Rotherham but we need to finish above a third team.   Can't see Forest and Derby going down.  We need to be overtaking QPR and Brum. Won't be easy as they'll probably pick up shortly.

He'll score loads at QPR.  As long as they get centres in the box. We rarely do.   We've done poor business there.  

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

that must be because of how much he went for after he left us as we got our money back for him. We’ve signed worse than him.

Yes. It’s the fact that someone only a couple of years after we had him trousered a nice £10million profit, which back at the end of the 90s was serious money.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Can't understand the best of luck to him.. blah blah..

Rinsed us for 3.5 years.. not offered anything back..  don't give me that he's a nice bloke / great at thumbs up sheiite.

Snaked off when we could do with some effort and bagged himself another decent contract..

Complete waste of time and money.

DC was as much as fault for not offloading earlier.

Don't forget him bottling a penalty in the shootout, which for a striker and a top earner at the club (if not top) is absolutely criminal. Should have been shipped out immediately after that shambles.

47 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The other two maybe had more to offer Wednesday but I don't think Wilkinson going to Leeds was a mistake for Wednesday.
Things had gone stale for him at Hillsborough and a short time after he left Wednesday went on to have our best side since the WW2.

No they did not.  The 60-1 side was the best since WW2.  

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I fancy us to finish above Wycombe and Rotherham but we need to finish above a third team.   Can't see Forest and Derby going down.  We need to be overtaking QPR and Brum. Won't be easy as they'll probably pick up shortly.

He'll score loads at QPR.  As long as they get centres in the box. We rarely do.   We've done poor business there.  

Nonsense. Why not Coventry? Only 3 points ahead of Birmingham and more likely to get dragged into it. 

It's not as black and white as just looking at the 4 clubs round us. Coventry definitely in the dog fight and Luton could find it tough going, Cardiff also in free-fall.

19 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Nonsense. Why not Coventry? Only 3 points ahead of Birmingham and more likely to get dragged into it. 

It's not as black and white as just looking at the 4 clubs round us. Coventry definitely in the dog fight and Luton could find it tough going, Cardiff also in free-fall.

I can't see Cove going down.  They looked decent at Hillsboro and their recent form is good.  Luton will be OK. So not nonsense at all. Cardiff have lost 4 of their last five but that's included games against Swansea Norwich and Brentford.

I don't think we should be helping QPR out.... unless the wages they're paying Rhodes stops them strengthening elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

Can't understand the best of luck to him.. blah blah..

Rinsed us for 3.5 years.. not offered anything back..  don't give me that he's a nice bloke / great at thumbs up sheiite.

Snaked off when we could do with some effort and bagged himself another decent contract..

Complete waste of time and money.

DC was as much as fault for not offloading earlier.

Thompson “Jordan was chomping at the bit to come on”.

You “Rinsed us”

How can he give anything back on the bench? Do you think he doesn’t want to play?

17 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I can't see Cove going down.  They looked decent at Hillsboro and their recent form is good.  Luton will be OK. So not nonsense at all. Cardiff have lost 4 of their last five but that's included games against Swansea Norwich and Brentford.

I don't think we should be helping QPR out.... unless the wages they're paying Rhodes stops them strengthening elsewhere.

So we need to overtake Birmingham and QPR or we are down? It is that black and white?

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Got the impression from the majority of times I saw Jordan Rhodes he was just going through the motions.

I fully understand fans saying he wasn’t good enough.

Can't understand any fan saying he didn’t give his all.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

I couldn’t have written it better myself. Have to hope he’s as bad for them as he’s been for us, but I think he’ll score elsewhere, just a hunch as it’s the Wednesday way. Thinking the third team to drop will be from us, QPR, Birmingham or Coventry. Both Forest and Derby will

pick up and have already.. Derby were much better than us the other day 

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I always think of Darko Kovacevic when I see these lists. 
A goal machine both before and after he played for us. Real Sociedad cashed in on him to the tune of £12million.  Dog poo while at S6. 

Darko Kovacevic wasn't dog poo at S6 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

The other two maybe had more to offer Wednesday but I don't think Wilkinson going to Leeds was a mistake for Wednesday.
Things had gone stale for him at Hillsborough and a short time after he left Wednesday went on to have our best side since the WW2.

Yes, but that's because the purse strings were opened for Big Ron, whereas they weren't for Wilko.

He wanted to sign Denis Wise, for instance, but the board wouldn't sanction it.

That said, we couldn't have competed with Leeds.

They had Lesley Silver pouring money in, whereas we were owned by the fans and our board members were administrators who put nothing in.

That's why Leeds outbid us for Strachan, even though we were in the top flight.

For balance.

Notice anything about the striker we all seem to want to leave?

Record for Wednesday 19/20 & 20/21

Rhodes - Goal every 261 minutes

Windass - Goal every 314 minutes

Kachunga - No goals in 559 minutes

Marriott - No goals in 319 minutes

• Like 1