The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

would be a very good player at this level. 

Majority of the signings they’ve made should be very good players at this level, not happening for them at the minute though 

Think as an Ipswich fan I’d be thinking do they REALLY need more signings, or a bit like us do they need to find a settled side 

I think we need a left-sided player. I know we have Brown and Johnson (as well as Shodipo who is injured) but none of them are convincing defensively (Brown and Johnson are certainly more wingers), so a natural left-footed left-back with quality would help us hugely (Palmer on the left side slows us down). 

If we can't get one in who is high League One/lower Championship quality, then don't bother and focus on gelling this squad together.

26 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I think we need a left-sided player. I know we have Brown and Johnson (as well as Shodipo who is injured) but none of them are convincing defensively (Brown and Johnson are certainly more wingers), so a natural left-footed left-back with quality would help us hugely (Palmer on the left side slows us down). 

If we can't get one in who is high League One/lower Championship quality, then don't bother and focus on gelling this squad together.

brown is a left back by trade , not really been played there so hard to say what he’s like . I don’t think we will be signing a left back 

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Can people see us bringing any more players in before the deadline? 

We've got a space in the squad now that Green has left. We'd be fools to not get in a player to fill that space as it's one of the advantages a relegated team gets (22 players rather than the 20 the rest of the league get).

1 minute ago, Minton said:

We've got a space in the squad now that Green has left. We'd be fools to not get in a player to fill that space as it's one of the advantages a relegated team gets (22 players rather than the 20 the rest of the league get).

Presumably we could fill that with a free agent anytime or fill it in Jan. window, so no rush.

Better they get the right player than any player as we seemed to do last summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we brought in another striker before Tuesday. Don’t think we necessarily need one but I’d say that’s the position we could maybe bring in somebody a bit different….pace merchant preferably.

We might let Patterson move on. Though he is capable of goals he doesn't fit too well due to his non striker attributes. I think we would only let him go if we line someone up first. Any ideas on who though? Might be another position too. Maybe a utility type. 

• Like 1